++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-27-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
US Album Chart/Sales

Hi!
I'm new here, but I don't see anyone posting this information, so here goes...as of 9/25 issue date when ODR was at #45, they had sold a total of 213,000 copies.

Does anyone know if that's within what was a realistic goal, or are they doing better or worse than what was expected? Does anyone know how many they shipped to start with?

Last edited by Disillusioned : 09-27-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) Hi!
I'm new here, but I don't see anyone posting this information, so here goes...as of 9/25 issue date when ODR was at #45, they had sold a total of 213,000 copies.

Does anyone know if that's within what was a realistic goal, or are they doing better or worse than what was expected? Does anyone know how many they shipped to start with?

I think 750,000 copies of One Day Remains were shipped.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:04 AM   #3
svens a svens
USER INFO »
I coulda sworn I read an article in which it said that after the guys played a private show they guys were presented with plaques representing the number of albums sold. I don't remember for sure, but I thought they were gold plaques which means they've sold 500,000 records. If anybody knows anything about this, let me know.

peace and love yall...

~svens a svens~
Old 09-28-2004, 10:06 AM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
That's what was said. Michael posted it. I think he also said that after receiving the awards, Myles had tears in his eyes.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 09-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
don't quote me but i believe they shipped 750,000 but have sold about 250,000 thus far. if they were going for numbers they should have released international editions of the album.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-28-2004, 01:34 PM   #6
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by svens a svens) I coulda sworn I read an article in which it said that after the guys played a private show they guys were presented with plaques representing the number of albums sold. I don't remember for sure, but I thought they were gold plaques which means they've sold 500,000 records. If anybody knows anything about this, let me know.

peace and love yall...

~svens a svens~
In answer to your question, and I quote from Billboard.com;

"It's a common misconception that certifications are based on sales to consumers. The RIAA issues gold, platinum, and now diamond certifications based on the number of units shipped to stores. So your favorite artist's latest album shipped three million copies, which is why it's already certified platinum even if all three million copies haven't passed into consumers' hands yet.

Certifications aren't automatic; labels must request and pay for them. So if five older albums were all certified at once, it just means the label decided to apply for all five at the same time, not that they all crossed the million-mark in the same month."

Edit - If they shipped 750,000 and already paid for the gold certification, then I guess that answers my question on what they expect to sell

Last edited by Disillusioned : 09-28-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:58 PM   #7
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Great job Dissillusioned! You asked a question, did some research, and came up with your own anwer which is completely accurate. It is indeed based on copies shipped and yes, the band did pay for and recieve the certification and the gold plaques.

Michael
Old 09-28-2004, 02:19 PM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Way to go Dissillusioned!! Cheers!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-29-2004, 01:22 AM   #9
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Great job Dissillusioned! You asked a question, did some research, and came up with your own anwer which is completely accurate. It is indeed based on copies shipped and yes, the band did pay for and recieve the certification and the gold plaques.

Michael

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) From the RIAA wesbsite....

"The RIAA® Gold® and Platinum® Awards program was launched in 1958 in an effort to create a standard by which to measure sales of a sound recording. In the beginning, there was only a Gold® album award for the sale of 500,000 copies. As the industry grew, other awards were developed. The Platinum® award (1,000,000 sold) was created in 1976 and with the advent of the compact disc and the subsequent increase in sales, the Multi-Platinum™ award was created in 1984. On March 16, 1999, the RIAA® launched the Diamond® Awards, honoring sales of 10 million copies or more of an album or single."

It's 500,000 SOLD, not shipped.

Sorry, I didn't think to add this to my reply. Here is a link for more info on certifications....

http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/default.asp

This question was raised in another forum, and the above was my reply.
From the information given by they RIAA, Alter Bridge has not earned a Certified Gold Record. At least not by the standards given here. If in fact Michael you think they are wrong...by all means send them an e-mail, and alert them to please update their info....
Old 09-29-2004, 01:27 AM   #10
ctfan
USER INFO »
BTW, Wind up is a member of the RIAA .
Old 09-29-2004, 02:04 AM   #11
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Edited because after re-reading what ctfan said AND clicking on the link, I realized that ctfan was not disputing that RIAA certifications are on units shipped vs retail sales...but rather that the RIAA website does not list Alter Bridge in it's data base as having a gold certification as of yet.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 09-29-2004 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:39 AM   #12
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) [color=Blue] "The RIAA reports a sale as a unit SHIPPED to record stores.

As I stated to the above poster, if you wish to contact the RIAA and tell them the info they have on their website is wrong...by all means, please do.

The RIAA does not have Alter Bridge registered as a Certified Gold Record receipient. When they do, I will be more than happy to post a "Kudos".

Until then, my opinion stands. Alter Bridge has not yet earned Gold.

Old 09-29-2004, 04:36 AM   #13
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) As I stated to the above poster, if you wish to contact the RIAA and tell them the info they have on their website is wrong...by all means, please do.

The RIAA does not have Alter Bridge registered as a Certified Gold Record receipient. When they do, I will be more than happy to post a "Kudos".

Until then, my opinion stands. Alter Bridge has not yet earned Gold.

Wow, i wonder who realy cares........they have one single out and barely have started touring in the U.S. I wonder why they haven' gone gold yet.......
Old 09-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #14
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Wow, i wonder who realy cares........they have one single out and barely have started touring in the U.S. I wonder why they haven' gone gold yet.......

Beats me. I'm not the one who asked the question about record sales. I just put the info out here.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:30 PM   #15
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I see, what's why your status is still "Unspoken" and you've posed 43 posts? Hahah!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor