++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-20-2003, 07:10 PM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What do you expect from the two solo albums and which album are you looking forward to most and why?

I think Mark will obviously go down more of a metal route making the music that Metallica should be making now. If he really wants to put shredding on the map he'll have to do it of a single off this compilation album but he'll also attempt it via his solo record. We'll get to see what he's really capable of and this record will put Mark in the upper echelons of guitar players where he belongs. Even those that rag on Creed will have to admit that this guy can seriously play which already happens now.

I really can't wait to hear Mark take the mic for longer then brief appearances with Creed, will be cool to see how far his voice has come along. Mark has written some of Creed's lyrics, will be cool to see a full album's worth.

I think Scott's album will be more stripped back more in the style of his favourite artists U2 and The Doors. However he is getting more into the harder stuff so perhaps we'll get a mix of the two different styles. I guess it will be a lot more stripped back then Creed some more acoustic numbers. I'm curious to see how far his guitar work has come along. Will also be interestering to hear what music he does write considering that Mark writes nearly all of Creed's music. He has not shortage to write about so i'm expecting some mind-blowing lyrics.

Hopefully they do tour for their respective projects and at least once or twice Mark will join Scott or vice versa on stage. Most of all I want some sort of Creed tour next year. I am expecting too much sure but it would be great. I wish the best for both of them and can't wait to hear some new music from the both of them and Creed.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
yeah, i agree but like i said before, its goin to be weird hearing Scott without Mark, and Mark without Scott
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-20-2003, 08:31 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm not sure how hard Scott will want to go given that his voice took a beating on the last tour, but I will check out whatever it is. I'd like to hear him mellow out and maybe do some more acoustic stuff. His voice can be really melodic. I can't imagine hearing the harder stuff without Mark on guitar. It would have to a different style for me to buy into it, I think.

I definitely want to hear Mark go harder on the guitar. I agree, people should know, if they don't already, just how good a player he is. Metal all the way .
Old 11-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
hide
USER INFO »
for sure Scott will obviously have some sort of backing band whereas Mark is more likely to do everything himself. Scott's album will probably and should be more acoustic and more mellower style just like Chris Cornell did with "Euphoria Morning". While Scott's voice did take a beating he has had a lot of time off so it should be back to full strength.

Will be cool to hear Mark take the mic!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Not sure about Mark on the mic, though. I think he's OK for backup vocals, but I don't know if he has the strength in his voice to pull off lead vox. But if he's been working on it, who knows? It will be interesting to hear. I'm just glad they aren't giving up music altogether. That would totally suck...BTW, Euphoria Morning has become one of my all-time fave CDs. Chris C. ROCKS.

I'd love to know who Scott's working with.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:59 PM   #6
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
of course he voice is goin to be worn out, look at the stuff hes singing. its all high-energy songs, ya know
Old 11-20-2003, 09:09 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
His voice is worn out because he could use some vocal coaching. All the good ones do it to save their voices. They have to learn how to breathe properly and use their diaphragms to properly project and do less singing from the throat. Scott sings a ton from the throat and that wears on the voice. Layne Staley, Chris Cornell, they've all had coaches along the way. Hell, I learned the basics of that in high school chorus.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:46 PM   #8
Julbright
USER INFO »
yeah - I have heard alot about professionals going days without talking to rest vocal chords etc because it wreaks havoc on the chords all that performing. Celine Dion once said in an interview that she goes days without talking - like she writes notes to her husband and such.

I agree with what has been speculated - I think Scott will go more classic rock/pop/alternative while Mark will get more into metal. It should be interesting.

I hope someday they see that the compromises they made on Creed stuff (Mark softer Scott harder) was magic.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM   #9
hide
USER INFO »
These solo albums while they almost certainly won't be as good as any of Creed's albums could result in Creed becoming a more complete band. Scott's guitar work will improve so much, his songwriting, Mark's voice will improve so much and lyrically he'll improve. Hopefully this will mean that Creed's best album is still ahead of them.

Mark's emphasis will be on the music rather then lyrics and vocals. It will be at least as good as Stone Gossard's Bayleaf but i'm hoping for something in the league of Degredtation Trip and the like. Perhaps that is aiming too high but its Mark where talking about here.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:13 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote:
i'm hoping for something in the league of Degredtation Trip and the like. Perhaps that is aiming too high but its Mark where talking about here.

Maybe when he stretches his writing and all...Degradation Trip is a masterpiece, IMO...The guitar layering and writing are killer. There are so many layers. I hear something different everytime I listen to it. I think Mark has that potential, but I think he needs more time to grow.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:16 PM   #11
facelessman
USER INFO »
yeah i agree
Old 11-20-2003, 10:31 PM   #12
hide
USER INFO »
fair enough i guess we'll just have to wait and see, to be honest i think musically Mark's album can be a lot better but lyrically and vocally he'll struggle to get anywhere near that standard. AIC were really a great band. Jerry could front a band without too much trouble and he's back-up vocalist. Such a waste!
Old 11-20-2003, 10:36 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I hear ya. I sooooo miss Layne and Jerry together, not to mention Sean and the two Mikes...

Yeah, lyrically, we'll have to see. Jerry wrote a lot of the Alice lyrics and I have to say I'm partial to his more than Layne's...I don't think we've seen what Mark can really do lyrically. I'm eager to find out, though.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:41 PM   #14
hide
USER INFO »
the talent in some of those early 90's bands is out of this world, for example you've got Dave Grohl on drums who after such a terrible event fronts a band that becomes better then the band he became famous from.

When Creed do tour again I guess not before 2005 we can have 3 guys capable of fronting a band which will be fantastic.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:43 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, the early 90s were fertile indeed. I'm really happy for Dave Grohl. The Foos are such a blast live! And PJ and Soundgarden...the list goes on...I really hope there is a Creed tour in 2005.