++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-05-2004, 01:41 AM   #1
ButtaSkotch
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What Happened To Creed???

What is going on with my favorite band Creed? I remember reading earlier last year that after their sellout world tour, they were going to take the following year off. So i wasnt worried. Then i read about the lawsuit, and the car accident that they were going through. I figured okay, they'll come back strong when they come back.

So i'm flipping channels tonight after watching Family Guy on Cartoon Network, and I see a face of someone that I know for sure that I know, but it wont come to me, who he is. so i'm watchind bdssp and i'm trying to figure it out, who is this fat-faced person i know so well, but i cant think of who he is...then it hit me..it was Scott Stapp...i couldnt even believed how he look...

Now normally, i keep up with all things Creed via magazines, mtv, and tv. I dont usually do fansites and whatnot. I'm not a half-arse fan, its just that i dont want to become attached to a community of good people and then neglect them by not being here all the time. cause a fansite is a cool arese place, will say. SO now, i'm turning to the fans on here tonight to get some desperate answers to my questions...

1) what is going on with scott stapp and his umm...weight issues...now i started noticing that he was getting a lil chubby in the face, but what i saw tonight, was not the man i came to love as the voice of Creed...it was like..ummm..some washed up star..u know..he had the whole Rick James Syndrome going on (anyone who knew what Rick James looks like in the "Superfreak" video and what he looks like now, will understand that one)....WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HIM??/

2) whats this i hear about some solo project??? whats the dealwith that.i thought they (the band) wanted to take a break from it all for awhile and at least catch up with life???

3)what in sam hain is going on with the group itself. i've been searching the net for about two hours for information (which led me here), and i'm reading things like Creed's breaking up, no one wants to work with scott or certain band members are not wanting to work with each other no more because of personal problems(?), or they've all got side projects going, but they are still gonna do Creed as a group??? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT??

Hopefully, they dont break up...i mean damn...Creed is good..they have Rolling Stones/Beetles potential...in 30 years, i could still be buying their concert footage dvd from best buy....

someone please let me know..whats going on...seriously....i'm tired of good & great groups "taking a break" {breaking up} and doing these so called ego-filled "i-wanna-see-if-i'm-really-as-good-without-the-band-like-the-small-bit-of-people-think-i-am" projects....they came in it as a group, and thats how it should stay....
Old 02-05-2004, 02:07 AM   #2
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Quote: (Originally Posted by ButtaSkotch)
1) what is going on with scott stapp and his umm...weight issues...now i started noticing that he was getting a lil chubby in the face, but what i saw tonight, was not the man i came to love as the voice of Creed...it was like..ummm..some washed up star..u know..he had the whole Rick James Syndrome going on (anyone who knew what Rick James looks like in the "Superfreak" video and what he looks like now, will understand that one)....WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HIM??/

2) whats this i hear about some solo project??? whats the dealwith that.i thought they (the band) wanted to take a break from it all for awhile and at least catch up with life???

3)what in sam hain is going on with the group itself. i've been searching the net for about two hours for information (which led me here), and i'm reading things like Creed's breaking up, no one wants to work with scott or certain band members are not wanting to work with each other no more because of personal problems(?), or they've all got side projects going, but they are still gonna do Creed as a group??? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT??

I'll try to answer your questions.

#1-I don't think anyone knows what's up with Scott's weight problem, it could be a number of things. Who knows though, he's gained and lost weight like that before.
#2- From what I understand, Stapp is working on a solo project and maybe a book, and Tremonti, Flip, and Brian got together and have created a new band with a new singer. Something to look forward too
#3- Creed is pretty much broken up from what I understand. I wouldn't expect to hear much from Creed, but they do have a couple of releases scheduled this year.

Now this is just MY understanding of it all.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:28 AM   #3
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by ButtaSkotch)
1) what is going on with scott stapp and his umm...weight issues...

I did notice that Stapp had gained afew more pounds, especially in the face, but I think it makes him look all that cuter. Of course I would like to see him loose that again, but afew extra pouds won't hurt him, let's just hope it's not medication and what not. Stapp's Stapp, you sould love him no matter what his size, I would still be in love with him even if he looked like a bloated whale.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ButtaSkotch) 2) whats this i hear about some solo project??? whats the dealwith that.i thought they (the band) wanted to take a break from it all for awhile and at least catch up with life???

Yes, well, things change dude, things change, and shit happens. Stapp will be off by himself (no more news of his band and who will be in it has been discovered as of yet), Tremonti, Phillips, Marshall, and a new singer (rumor has it Myles Kennedy) are forming a new band and they will have an album out around August I believe, correct me if I'm wrong Creed are going to be releasing an Anthology, supposedly 3 discs, with their greatest hits, and unreleased tracks.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ButtaSkotch) 3) no one wants to work with scott or certain band members are not wanting to work with each other no more because of personal problems(?), or they've all got side projects going, but they are still gonna do Creed as a group??? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT??

I don't know. But these things happen as I have now realised, and we have gotta deal with that weather we like it or not. I am gutted and so devestated, but I am also looking forward so much to the new solo projects, I can't wait.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 02-05-2004, 02:35 AM   #4
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
I think if there weren't any new 'projects' I'd be more upset about their breaking up, but since I have new things to look foward to, it's all good. I don't think I could get over never seeing mark and flip playing their hearts out on stage ever again.

Last edited by SleeplessAngel : 02-05-2004 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:26 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Ummm/ he looked like some whashed up rockstar~What a fricking un kind thing to say about a person so fricking what the guys put on a few pounds]] i dont think that makes him whashed up by a long shot~~anybody looked in a fricking Mirror Latley at there own selfs~~And yes everbody in the band doing there own thing it seems
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-05-2004, 09:34 PM   #6
ButtaSkotch
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Ummm/ he looked like some whashed up rockstar~What a fricking un kind thing to say about a person so fricking what the guys put on a few pounds]] i dont think that makes him whashed up by a long shot~~anybody looked in a fricking Mirror Latley at there own selfs~~And yes everbody in the band doing there own thing it seems

i didnt say he was washed up rockstar..i said he looked like one...difference is, you can look like a washed up rockstar all you want, but as long as you still are a rockstar, then there's no problem....

anywho...

my whole issue was that i love the momentum of them as a group...that side projects..i dont like change. there are things that should be and are supposed to be changed..and there are certain things that should just be left alone as is...Creed should be left alone, as is....

but..i guess when you love a group, you support the good and the bad..you dont always have to agree with it, but as long as you support it, you're a-okay...and my support will always be with them....

damn..another good one bites the dust...

*i just still cannot believe what i saw last night....i cant believe thats scott*...
Old 02-05-2004, 09:40 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Looked like one now A really big Diffrence there by the way~~Things change we cant help it without change Nothing Grows or can become better~~And I Think He looks Pretty Darn Good To me~~
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-06-2004, 12:27 AM   #8
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by ButtaSkotch) but..i guess when you love a group, you support the good and the bad..you dont always have to agree with it, but as long as you support it, you're a-okay...and my support will always be with them....
It helps a fair bit if you agree with it, but I agree with you there. If it's a band you love, you support them all the way, whichever road they decide to take, you don't turn your back. I know that when these solo projects arrive, they are going to have just as many fans, if not more
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006