++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-02-2003, 09:55 AM   #46
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok - just my

I too say let the guy have fun - HOWEVER - getting blasted out of one's mind (especially on my dime - as in Chicago - but we won't go there) is not having fun. And - IMO IMO IMO (don't gang up on me) the timing is suspect - go out and have a good time but when having a good time interfere's in your life as in damages your career and relationships (again, assuming there is truth to the break up/ falling out with Mark rumors..) then it is a problem. I don't have a problem with occasional responsible drinking (I do with drugs) but I most certainly have concerns when the use of substances creates problems in your life - and again IMO I would hope that this isn't what we are seeing. Now don't even get me started on the whole impact on Jagger aspect - I could go on for hours about that.

All I have to say is my heart gets very heavy these days when I think about Scott and see things like these pictures and such - I hope it is all out of context and he was just hamming it up for the cameras- but I genuinely doubt it.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 12-02-2003, 10:02 AM   #47
JenRN
USER INFO »
Whatever happens, happens...... he is an adult he can make his own decisions.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #48
Julbright
USER INFO »
Again, just my opinion - not being argumentative - but once you become a parent you give up your right to trash your life and act a fool - occassional blowing of steam is one thing - letting something steamroll your life is another. - I would feel this way whether it was a celebrity or my next door neighbor - it sucks he has to live in the public eye - but it is what he chose.

I hope I am wrong - I hope he is just fine
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 12-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #49
JenRN
USER INFO »
If only the world was made up of ALL responsible parents....... we would never have half the problems we do! But the fact remains, he can make his own decisions and knows what he is doing, who are we to judge anything from his parenting skills to his personal issues..... I just wish the best for him and the rest of the band.

Live and let live...... I agree

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-02-2003, 11:10 AM   #50
Julbright
USER INFO »
OH by all means I am not judging him! I am concerned for him !!! I hope that if I were going off track the people who cared about me would speak up! We don't do anyone any favors by letting them slide!
Give me eyes of a child

Old 12-02-2003, 11:22 AM   #51
JenRN
USER INFO »
I understand what you are saying, honestly I do. BUT........ it is not like we can just call him up and say "hey, your messing up your life" and who knows maybe we are reading WAY too much into it. I care about him and the rest of the band, I just know that sometimes you can "lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink!" What I am simply stating is he is an adult and he can make his own decisions, and there is nothing we can do but sit back and hope he makes right ones for himself that is all I am saying.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-02-2003, 12:09 PM   #52
Julbright
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-JenRN+12-02-2003 10:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JenRN @ 12-02-2003 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I just know that sometimes you can "lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink!" [/b][/quote]
Well I certainly agree with you there !!!

And I too hope he makes good decisions about his life... and Jagger's.
Give me eyes of a child

Old 12-02-2003, 12:13 PM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-TeriB19+12-02-2003 06:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeriB19 @ 12-02-2003 06:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Jez+12-01-2003 12:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jez @ 12-01-2003 12:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->* Not trying to start any drama at all.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, there seems to be enough drama here already. Almost starting to feel like the Pit. [/b][/quote]
No kidding.

And Jez, if you weren't trying to start anything, why didn't you just PM the originator of the thread with your concern about proper credit?
Old 12-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #54
Jez
USER INFO »
Point taken, Dogstar

You're absolutely right...

Creed~~Bullets
Old 12-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #55
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Tremonti_Fed+12-02-2003 12:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tremonti_Fed @ 12-02-2003 12:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
plus, why the sunglasses in a dark room? I know it's fancy but... trying to hide something? I hope not! honestly!

[/b][/quote]
Ever thought they might not be sunglasses? Maybe the guy actually needs glasses but usually doesn't wear them in public. I wear glasses and those aren't dark enough to hide anything. Whether its the sun or anything else.

Ya know...my dear departed mother looked drunk in every driver's license photo she ever had made....that doesn't mean she was drunk when they were taken. Amazing how everyone automatically wants to assume the worst.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #56
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Frankie+12-02-2003 04:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Frankie @ 12-02-2003 04:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Those pictures were not originally posted at the Pit...I know because I am the one who found them...but that's ok I guess.
If you go to wire image and look at the rest of the pics from that night...Tara Ried had her picture taken with everyone...just because Scott was in a picture with her doesn't mean he's dating her for crying out loud.
I love the people who say he looks fine in one picture and wasted in the other...when they were probably taken about 15 seconds apart.&nbsp;
There are all kinds of pictures of Scott out there taken over the years with that exact same look...
He gets slammed for being too serious...and then when he mugs it up for a picture he is automatically wasted.&nbsp; He can not win...no matter what he does.
You know what...no wonder the guy stays out of the public eye most of the time...geeeez[/b][/quote]
Couldn't agree more Frankie. And you are right...seems like the guy can't win, no matter what he does. If nobody sees pictures of him for a while, they assume the worst; then if they see a picture of the guy out trying to have a good time, they assume the worst. I can see why he prefers to be a rather private person.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:46 PM   #57
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Ack, Jagger! How could I forget?! Where *was* the li'l one at the time of this photo? I just hope he was with the elder Stapps at the time, or something...btw, I think Stapp's a very good father (considering the circumstances), but ya gotta wonder about this turn of events...
Old 12-02-2003, 01:33 PM   #58
JenRN
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Jooji_2+12-02-2003 12:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jooji_2 @ 12-02-2003 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Frankie+12-02-2003 04:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Frankie @ 12-02-2003 04:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Those pictures were not originally posted at the Pit...I know because I am the one who found them...but that's ok I guess.
If you go to wire image and look at the rest of the pics from that night...Tara Ried had her picture taken with everyone...just because Scott was in a picture with her doesn't mean he's dating her for crying out loud.
I love the people who say he looks fine in one picture and wasted in the other...when they were probably taken about 15 seconds apart.*
There are all kinds of pictures of Scott out there taken over the years with that exact same look...
He gets slammed for being too serious...and then when he mugs it up for a picture he is automatically wasted.* He can not win...no matter what he does.
You know what...no wonder the guy stays out of the public eye most of the time...geeeez[/b][/quote]
Couldn't agree more Frankie. And you are right...seems like the guy can't win, no matter what he does. If nobody sees pictures of him for a while, they assume the worst; then if they see a picture of the guy out trying to have a good time, they assume the worst. I can see why he prefers to be a rather private person. [/b][/quote]
Yeah you are right, BUT.... that is the price of fame, people think that it is thier business. Doesn't make it right but that is reality. Some stars handle it well and some don't. You have to take the good with the bad. It is kindda hard to go backwards now and expect all the privacy in the world, especially with all the controversy surrounding him now. I am not saying it is right, just stating the facts pretty or not.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #59
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Ack, Jagger! How could I forget?! Where *was* the li'l one at the time of this photo? I just hope he was with the elder Stapps at the time, or something...btw, I think Stapp's a very good father (considering the circumstances), but ya gotta wonder about this turn of events...

You truely must be joking!...people are getting too wound up over two pictures that were nothing more than shots of people at a celeberty party in Miami.

His son is the most important thing to him, just as any child is to a parent and I'm sure he made responsible accomodations for his son's care.

I realize how everyone is so "worried" for his well being...but can't you just let go of all the ASSumptions. Live your lives and let the man live his?

edit to add: the Seven guy i think is an "indy" rapper...he has been acknowledged by VH1 at the Latin Music Awards, and several others. Tara Reid was making the rounds and taking photos with just about everyone that nite, that is on wire image. Just enter her name and you will see it.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 12-02-2003, 02:07 PM   #60
creedsister
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Ann Allusion+12-02-2003 01:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ann Allusion @ 12-02-2003 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote: Ack, Jagger! How could I forget?! Where *was* the li'l one at the time of this photo? I just hope he was with the elder Stapps at the time, or something...btw, I think Stapp's a very good father (considering the circumstances), but ya gotta wonder about this turn of events...

You truely must be joking!...people are getting too wound up over two pictures that were nothing more than shots of people at a celeberty party in Miami.

His son is the most important thing to him, just as any child is to a parent and I'm sure he made responsible accomodations for his son's care.

I realize how everyone is so "worried" for his well being...but can't you just let go of all the ASSumptions. Live your lives and let the man live his?

edit to add: the Seven guy i think is an "indy" rapper...he has been acknowledged by VH1 at the Latin Music Awards, and several others. Tara Reid was making the rounds and taking photos with just about everyone that nite, that is on wire image. Just enter her name and you will see it. [/b][/quote]
clap clap clap clap clap,,come on now
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything