++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #16
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: BIG NEWS! Kid Rock to speak about sex tape

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) that orladno article, twisted the truth like nuts

no one cares about scott stapp for years and then all of a sudden theres article ripping him up everyday, what the heck did he do to them
slow news day?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #17
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Heres another positive one from The Washington Post

Open Arms for Scott Stapp

Thursday, March 2, 2006; C04

Let's get the jokes out of the way now: Tuesday at the 9:30 club, it was difficult to listen to headliner Scott Stapp, former frontman/whipping boy of Creed, sing "My Own Prison" without tittering about his recent arrest for public intoxication. Or hear the line "I'll show you everything!" from Creed's megahit "With Arms Wide Open" without being reminded of the snippets of a sex tape involving Stapp, Kid Rock and a bunch of women that conveniently began buzzing about the Internet just before Stapp kicked off his tour.

But whatever demons the often-maligned singer has been battling, Stapp, who's reportedly traveling with a sobriety coach, put on a great show. During the 80-minute set, his energy was high, his guttural -- er, distinctive -- voice strong, and his unacknowledged four-piece backing band sharp.

Stapp performed mostly songs off his first solo album, "The Great Divide," but singles from his former rock supergroup were also trotted out without remark. (To ensure no one thought this was Creed Redux, giant letters spelling SCOTT STAPP decorated the stage's back wall.) He did a lot of quasi-sermonizing between the driving, if similar-sounding, songs, and his arms and those of fervent audience members were often raised to the heavens during Stapp's favored lyrics about spirituality and redemption.

Stapp admitted that he wasn't sure how he'd be received during this tour, and regardless of one's beliefs or opinion of the guy, the expression of sheer joy on his face when the crowd showed him some love was uplifting. Stapp closed with a passionate performance of "Justify," whose chorus of "I do not have to justify the way I life my life" left one hoping he'll no longer need to.

-- Tricia Olszewski
Old 03-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #18
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) Heres another positive one from The Washington Post

Open Arms for Scott Stapp

Thursday, March 2, 2006; C04

Let's get the jokes out of the way now: Tuesday at the 9:30 club, it was difficult to listen to headliner Scott Stapp, former frontman/whipping boy of Creed, sing "My Own Prison" without tittering about his recent arrest for public intoxication. Or hear the line "I'll show you everything!" from Creed's megahit "With Arms Wide Open" without being reminded of the snippets of a sex tape involving Stapp, Kid Rock and a bunch of women that conveniently began buzzing about the Internet just before Stapp kicked off his tour.

But whatever demons the often-maligned singer has been battling, Stapp, who's reportedly traveling with a sobriety coach, put on a great show. During the 80-minute set, his energy was high, his guttural -- er, distinctive -- voice strong, and his unacknowledged four-piece backing band sharp.

Stapp performed mostly songs off his first solo album, "The Great Divide," but singles from his former rock supergroup were also trotted out without remark. (To ensure no one thought this was Creed Redux, giant letters spelling SCOTT STAPP decorated the stage's back wall.) He did a lot of quasi-sermonizing between the driving, if similar-sounding, songs, and his arms and those of fervent audience members were often raised to the heavens during Stapp's favored lyrics about spirituality and redemption.

Stapp admitted that he wasn't sure how he'd be received during this tour, and regardless of one's beliefs or opinion of the guy, the expression of sheer joy on his face when the crowd showed him some love was uplifting. Stapp closed with a passionate performance of "Justify," whose chorus of "I do not have to justify the way I life my life" left one hoping he'll no longer need to.

-- Tricia Olszewski

Cool!!!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: "He's the idiot because it's out," the 35-year-old Rock said. "I'm holding him responsible."
Yup...I still don't think it was "stolen," either...just a hunch on my part, though.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:44 AM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »

I think they're both idiots for this tape even being made.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) no one cares about scott stapp for years and then all of a sudden theres article ripping him up everyday, what the heck did he do to them
See, their reporters. Their work is to write things like this down so we can read 'em. And Stapp has been in a lot of trouble, well... Ever since the Chicago show. (If not even before that).

And what's the big deal with E! Online? I thought their article was hillarious!

Oh, and another thing... Your signature: "Stapp sober since Feb 12". You might wanna come up with another one...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #22
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yup...I still don't think it was "stolen," either...just a hunch on my part, though.

If it wasn't stolen,...then how would it have gotten out if Stapp had possession of it? I know he would not have "intentionally" let it get out. This goes back to when Jeff Hanson and Tremonti and Co. claimed that they had enough on Stapp to "end his career". I think this is one of those things and someone stole it from Stapp for that sole purpose. Too bad it won't be enough to halt his career. I don't think anything they have will hurt him in the long run. It just goes to show what kind of assholes are out there and what they are willing to do to hurt someone. I feel it's a VERY low blow under any circumstance.
I've been living a double life
Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #23
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Lithium, dude if u think the E article was hilarious ur on the wrong site, go find a hater site.

THanks for letting me kno what a reporter does, I guess i didnt realize after i commented on what they were doing, and where were they when he was donating money and doing all the positive things.

And why do i need a new sig? I wouldn't find it surprising if the only only friends u had were in ur head as well.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #24
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) And what's the big deal with E! Online? I thought their article was hillarious!

My problem with it is that the article appears to seek to do one thing: bash Stapp. Not unbiasedly report the news...just bash Stapp. I have a problem with people trying to kick a guy when he's down, no matter if that guy is Stapp or Mark Tremonti or Myles Kennedy or Bono etc. When I read the news from sites like Yahoo and E!, I expect a lot more maturity than that displayed in the article.

I don't mind humor and jokes....so long as they are done in a tasteful manner. I think that article crossed the line.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #25
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) Lithium, dude if u think the E article was hilarious ur on the wrong site, go find a hater site.
I'm a fan of his music, but I do think the guy has some big problems, and often acts like a jerk... Problably because of his big problems.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) THanks for letting me kno what a reporter does, I guess i didnt realize after i commented on what they were doing.
Anytime man!

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) And why do i need a new sig? I wouldn't find it surprising if the only only friends u had were in ur head as well.
Alright, that's a pretty good one, but it's very low, so I'll just leave it there. While we're still talking on a decent level.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) My problem with it is that the article appears to seek to do one thing: bash Stapp. Not unbiasedly report the news...just bash Stapp. I have a problem with people trying to kick a guy when he's down, no matter if that guy is Stapp or Mark Tremonti or Myles Kennedy or Bono etc..
Well, can you blame him? The guy have made a sex tape, and this far... He has done nothing but MORE mistakes since The Great Divide came out.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor