++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 04-14-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Tool - Vicarious (Leaked)

Just grabbed hold off the leak.

Amazing song, sounds very different to what you would expect from Tool. I was very suprised, lyrics are very different too. But yeah its a fucking great song ill paste link here for anyon that wants to have a listen of it.

http://www.distortiononline.com/Tool_Vicar_Full.mp3
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
bilal
USER INFO »
Re: Tool - Vicarious (Leaked)

na man..............say no to piracy!!!!
Old 04-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Hmm, I wasn't bowled over by it. I think it sounds very much like Laterlus-era Tool and I loved Lateralus. But what I've always enjoyed about Tool is that each album has offered something a little different, even though you know it's Tool. Typically, I don't like the singles as much as the rest of an album so I'm hoping the rest will be better. What bothered me the most was the vocals mix. I thought Maynard's voice was way too muted in this song. It was a big disappointment in that regard. Adam Jones had said in the Guitar World interview that the vocals were indeed more in the background, which is shame, I think. I hope the rest of the album isn't like that vocally. To me, Maynard's voice is like another instrument and I think it was too underused.

I thought it started off a like like Schism or The Patient, but a tad heavier. Still, it's a decent song, just not what I was hoping for, I guess, after five years.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) na man..............say no to piracy!!!!
Eh, I'm going to buy it anyway. I just wanted to hear it.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
LeftOfTheMurder
USER INFO »

Dogstar, I agree with you. Maynard has one of the most amazing and powerful voices in the history of rock n roll, not to mention the brilliance in his lyrics. I would like to see them focus a little more on the vocal mix as well.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Eh, I'm going to buy it anyway. I just wanted to hear it.

its like..........u steal a thing first and then pay for it.........hehehe......i dunno.......i hate piracy in any form................just as u dont wana eat any stolen food.............simmilary....dont feed ur soul stolen music..................
Old 04-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) its like..........u steal a thing first and then pay for it.........hehehe......i dunno.......i hate piracy in any form................just as u dont wana eat any stolen food.............simmilary....dont feed ur soul stolen music..................
To me, it's the same as taping off the radio like we did when we were kids. This is just another medium through which to hear it, and because of technology it's more readily available. I really think some of these artists leak the stuff themselves to create a buzz anyway. That would not surprise me in the least. I'm not making any money off the artist by downloading the song. I'm not selling it to anyone. I'm just listening to it.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #8
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

I dunno I am diggin the song....

one thing you gotta remembr Dogstar is that the song bands tend to release as the first single tend to sound kinda like the last album sorta to ease you in to the next album (at least thats what I have noticed)
Old 04-15-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I dunno I am diggin the song....

one thing you gotta remembr Dogstar is that the song bands tend to release as the first single tend to sound kinda like the last album sorta to ease you in to the next album (at least thats what I have noticed)
Yes, and no. I mean, to me, each Tool album has been a turn in a different direction. I guess I just didn't hear it with this song. I like the song OK, it just didn't blow me away as other Tool songs have in the past. I know a lot of people who hated Schism but liked the rest of the album . I guess we'll have to wait and see what the rest is like
Old 04-15-2006, 07:47 PM   #10
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm not making any money off the artist by downloading the song. I'm not selling it to anyone. I'm just listening to it.

but ur also not paying for it...........and many people after getting the leaked copy.......wont buy from the artist.........and no money will reach to those who desreve it.............if the artist do it themselves....then its fine.....but you and i both know that it is piracy..............i wont listen to alter bridge new album if get leaked today........c'mon.........how would u feel if ur music gets on net.....without u even knowin it............
Old 04-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) but ur also not paying for it...........and many people after getting the leaked copy.......wont buy from the artist.........and no money will reach to those who desreve it.............if the artist do it themselves....then its fine.....but you and i both know that it is piracy..............i wont listen to alter bridge new album if get leaked today........c'mon.........how would u feel if ur music gets on net.....without u even knowin it............

Obviously, we see this from different perspectives. I understand everything you are saying. The problem goes far beyone people simply not paying for the single. The structure in place does not benefit the artist anyway. They get precious little from sales, and just because I happen to download does not mean I'm keeping them from making any money when I fully intend to buy the CD as I would have if I didn't hear the single. And I'm not naive enough to think the artist doesn't know it's out there. As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the artist was behind the leak.

To be honest, if they'd put it out on iTunes, I'd pay the 99 cents to get it. And I will be paying for it when the record comes out. Look, the same thing happened on a much smaller scale years ago when friends and I would swap tapes. I'd tape an album to cassette for them and vice versa. I'm not saying it's right, but it's reality. If you choose not to download, that's fine, and I respect that. But I don't feel I'm actually stealing it when in the end, I will be paying for it as if I never heard it. To me, this is like hearing it on the radio only it's through the computer. It's just another source.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Obviously, we see this from different perspectives. I understand everything you are saying. The problem goes far beyone people simply not paying for the single. The structure in place does not benefit the artist anyway. They get precious little from sales, and just because I happen to download does not mean I'm keeping them from making any money when I fully intend to buy the CD as I would have if I didn't hear the single. And I'm not naive enough to think the artist doesn't know it's out there. As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the artist was behind the leak.

To be honest, if they'd put it out on iTunes, I'd pay the 99 cents to get it. And I will be paying for it when the record comes out. Look, the same thing happened on a much smaller scale years ago when friends and I would swap tapes. I'd tape an album to cassette for them and vice versa. I'm not saying it's right, but it's reality. If you choose not to download, that's fine, and I respect that. But I don't feel I'm actually stealing it when in the end, I will be paying for it as if I never heard it. To me, this is like hearing it on the radio only it's through the computer. It's just another source.

alright ...alright........i tried to convince you..............but since ur sure ull be buying the album any ways........prolly thats the reason ur not feeling bad for ur downloading and listenin to the songs...............but i am sure ull agree on pure grounds that piracy is infact piracy....ur intentions are honest but not of the one who actually ripped the songs and uploaded it....ur not the only one whos gonna downaload the songs from the above link and then listen em .............may be some 1000 peeps will download it and never buy the album...........hehehe...........and yeh......ur right about that copying songs to cassets and giving to freinds....no body actaully considers that as piracy too..............ive done that in the past too......even the books u buy....it says dont lent it to any one esle too............in strick sence...........u cant even lend the book to ur brother or room mate.........hehehe............i myself will perfer to fail the exam then to borrow and read.......for me its piracy too.............i am not blaming you....i. am blaming this whole system of piracy..............and thats the only reason i am not downloading.....................

peacE!

Last edited by bilal : 04-15-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) alright ...alright........i tried to convince you..............but since ur sure ull be buying the album any ways........prolly thats the reason ur not feeling bad for ur downloading and listenin to the songs...............but i am sure ull agree on pure grounds that piracy is infact piracy....ur intentions are honest but not of the one who actually ripped the songs and uploaded it....ur not the only one whos gonna downaload the songs from the above link and then listen em .............may be some 1000 peeps will download it and never buy the album...........hehehe...........and yeh......ur right about that copying songs to cassets and giving to freinds....no body actaully considers that as piracy too..............ive done that in the past too......even the books u buy....it says dont lent it to any one esle too............in strick sence...........u cant even lend the book to ur brother or room mate.........hehehe............i myself will perfer to fail the exam then to borrow and read.......for me its piracy too.............i am not blaming you....i. am blaming this whole system of piracy..............and thats the only reason i am not downloading.....................

peacE!

On a purely black-and-white level, you are right, it's still piracy in some form, and the same holds true for sewing and knitting patterns. They charge a ton for those because they know darn well the buyer will lend it to someone or make a copy of it for someone. So yes, it's the same. But as far as keeping me from downloading, I guess I would feel more guilty if I weren't going to buy the CD. I rarely download just to have it because I like liner notes and looking at album art. My downloading is for shopping purposes . I buy more CDs than I ever have because of hearing someone else's copy of something. If I like it, which a lot of times, I do, I'll buy it. It's the same as if a person let me borrow the CD to listen to it. For me, there's no difference because I end up buying it anyway .
Old 04-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #14
bilal
USER INFO »

yeh....same here...i sometimes buy albums just becaue i listened to it in my friends car...........or in restaurant..........may be thats what radio is for........if there was no or minimum priacy....may be these things would cost almost as half as what they do know.....heheheh

but no one can convince me that dowloading from the link posted in this thread is not piracy.......
Old 04-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #15
GregS
USER INFO »

I didnt like the song..