++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mark, Scott P and Brian still chained to Wind-Up?

This still just doesn't add up completely. A few people have made some interesting observations on here already...

There's Myles' quote from his myspace where he says this is a 'complex situation' and 'it had to be done...' 'Don't forget we're (Alter Bridge) here to stay,' he adds.

There's a new Creed album coming out that's already got a title?? So the guys are going to write, reherse, and bang out a new record by August just like that? Have they been working in secret or something, at the same time Mark and Myles have been working on Alter Bridge III?

Alterbridge.com has a re-assuring news update saying how AB isn't breaking up and will be 'back with a vengance in 2010,' then directs fans to MK's myspace with the interesting quote mentioned above.

All speculation of course, but this just doesn't sound like a naturally occurring event...more like Wind-Up once again pulling the strings to get what they want just as much as any Creed fan...more Creed.

I don't doubt that this will all pan out, and I'm sure it'll probably be great, it just seems the circumstances are a bit fishy.

Could Mark, Flip, and Brian still be prisoners of Wind-Up and the Creed days? Did they agree to one last horrah in exchange to get out of those shackles once and for all??
Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Mark, Scott P and Brian still chained to Wind-Up?

Yes, I'm wondering about this as well. I don't know if they are still contractually obligated for another album. If so, that might be why they are going this route. I wonder about the new record, too. There have to be some unreleased songs under consideration. I just don't see how they could crank that out that fast, unless this has been quietly going on for some time now.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking in this manner. It hasn't even been a decade so this feels more like a revisit rather than a reunion. However if this temporary "reunion" provides us with previously unreleased/un-recorded songs then I'll be very pleased.

-Homer Simpson

Old 05-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
ABYanks
USER INFO »

this is from that mark T interview

"It's baby steps for Creed," he says. "We're going to see how we make it through this album and tour, although we're not looking at this as a one-off; we would like to make Creed an ongoing band once again."

doesn't seem like a one time deal
Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

If you recall the band broke up while they were recording their 4th album..so they might owe windup a 4th album..but lets face it the guys all missed the spotlight and money so they are all ready to get back to work as well.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Also mentioned in some interviews is that they reconnected in December and started jamming, so this has been in the works for a few months now.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
Agent D
USER INFO »

It's very refreshing to see a thread where people just don't eat this up without thinking about how bizarre it all is. FreedomFighter, like the old days, makes a great post full of points that I'm dying for some answers to.