++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Anybody else kind of

get pissed off at Alter Bridge fans constantly bashing Stapp? They constantly claim he sucks and say myles is better and stuff like that.

It's so annoying. Don't they realize that without stapp, there very well may have never been Alter Bridge in the first place? Just an annoyance of mine, i don't bash myles, he's awesome. they are all talented. some people(the fans) need to grow up.
Allthough, not all fans do this, i know.

just my 2cents.

Last edited by nagpo : 04-19-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Re: Anybody else kind of

I was one of those people. At that time I blamed Scott S. for Creed's demise. It has been a long time and people should move on, but you know how some are.

-Homer Simpson

Old 04-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

yeah, i listen to both AB and SS. Let bygones be bygones i say. just listen to the music. Which is still great, might I add.

Last edited by nagpo : 04-22-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
Stappishot
USER INFO »

It's always gonna be a love/hate thing with them. Some people will never be happy! He seems to be on a great track these days!!!! I am very proud of him for sticking it out this long without doing something dumb as hell! I also love AB and Stapp, they are both great, I'm not gonna pick and choose, I'm just gonna listen, if I like it, I like it, if I don't, I don't. They should just keep it at that, and stop acting like 5 yr olds, whatever happened with Creed, is in the past, I'm sure they know that as well. But, some can't forget, and some can't move on. It's always gonna be like that. Maybe they're acting up cause, now scott's is posting on myspace, "creeds scott stapp" and maybe they think he's pointing a finger at Mark, and Scott P. Who really knows.

Last edited by Stappishot : 04-19-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

It's "bygones"

But yeah, the Stapp-bash festivals got old to me a long time ago. Basically, I just avoid the AB boards because I don't like drama to begin with, not on my Internets.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
It's "bygones"

Danget. now i have to edit my post.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

I think that part of it is because alot of AB's fanbase, especially some of the newer fans, like AB without liking Creed at all. I belong to the Megadeth forums, and there are some people who see nothing good in Creed, but absolutely love AB's new album. Sure, AB's initial fanbase was undoubtedly made up of Creed fans, but they are more and more developing a distinctive fanbase separate than that of Creed. You've got to remember how much Creed was hated, with alot of that hatred being generated by Stapp's behavior and public persona. So I think that alot of AB fans nowadays who bash him may not be doing it because they blame Stapp for Creed's breakup, but because they never liked Creed in the first place, but have come to like AB. Also, the AB fans that do dislike Stapp because they blame him for Creed's demise just feed in and reinforce the dislike of him by other AB fans who have always hated him, as well as pushing AB fans who initially didn't like or dislike Stapp into thinking that he's a bad guy.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Stappishot
USER INFO »

u know it's sad, cuz stapp did make a lot of AB fans not like him, for what he has done in the past. I'm sure stapp is sorry for what he has done in the past, I'm sure he reads what the AB fans and other ex-stapp fans are saying, and a lot of what they are saying is harsh, but u know, he did put this on himself. But like I said be4, he is doing a lot better these days, but a lot of people can't seem to say ok, I forgive him for what he has done in the past, cuz stapp is known to be a good boy for a while, and fu*k up all over again. So a lot of people just had enough of saying it's ok, so now they're saying the hell with him, and moving on from creed/stapp. I'm happy for stapp right now, he has done a 180, he seems very happy in his life right now, and that is great, I hope he can keep this up, and show the media, and the ex fans that dislike him, that he can be a better person, and maybe he can get those ex fans back! But there is something in the back of my mind that is saying, how long be4 we have another stapp drama in the media. But a person can't really blame ex fans for being like that towards stapp, he put it on himself. But drama from any site that deals with ex fans are always gonna talk bad on the other person, know matter how much of a life change they have made! I'm all for stapp and AB, they both rock in my favor, but not everyone can forgive and move on.

Last edited by Stappishot : 04-22-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #9
ABYanks
USER INFO »

i like both too but its easier for AB only fans to bash stapp bc of his numerous personal problems and egotistical attitude
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Hey, I'm still a Stapp fan [I'm one of those unconditional-love people... if I gots love for you it's forever], but I was VERY upset with him when the shizz started hitting the fan. I still don't think I'm over it. Especially since, like Stappishot said, he can't seem to stop putting himself in sticky situations. I really can't blame the AB fans for anything. I just don't like reading about it all day.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
Hey, I'm still a Stapp fan [I'm one of those unconditional-love people... if I gots love for you it's forever], but I was VERY upset with him when the shizz started hitting the fan. I still don't think I'm over it. Especially since, like Stappishot said, he can't seem to stop putting himself in sticky situations. I really can't blame the AB fans for anything. I just don't like reading about it all day.
GLORY yes LETS STILL PUT OUT THE BEAM GLORY LETS LOVE AND FORGIVE AND FORBEAR ONE ANOTHER IN LOVE GLORY BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO HAVE MERCY RATHER THAN ANGER FOR THEY SHALL OBTAIN MERCY we,ve all been down that road that lead to only GOD knows why situtions AMEN and without his mercy love and understanding that the world would see not where would be brother
Old 06-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
Lost Tiger
USER INFO »

i agree
Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
metalchris25
USER INFO »

when it comes down to it, its all about the music. i could not care less what musicians do in their personal lives so long as the tunes are good. why people cant like both scott and AB is beyond me.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #14
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) when it comes down to it, its all about the music. i could not care less what musicians do in their personal lives so long as the tunes are good. why people cant like both scott and AB is beyond me.
AMEN AND AMEN Thats Why Areosmith As Stood the test of time And you Know They Expressed The Changing Times In The Late 90,s With Big videos i really dont think they wanted to take home the video of the year award But what i felt Evening when we lost Kurt Corbain Areosmith Wrapped That Comfort Of PURE ROCK IN ROLL WHISKY AROUND YOU Its All about the music Rock Roll Never Dies im old school and i recall the days what gossip was WHEN IS YOUR FAVORITE BAND COMING TO TOWN and what happend at that show you missed
Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lost Tiger) i agree
AMEN AND AMEN its best you do Haaaaa im kiding but im only good for a debate for about 5 mintues i love your signature I encourage you to post as often as u wish Lost Tiger warm welcoming Hugsssssssssssssssssssss