++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-06-2003, 03:15 AM   #1
Delirium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Is tremonti being held back by creed?

Let me first say that i love the way Mark plays the guitar. I find him to be one of the best (if not the best) rock guitarists in the world.

But after listening to the 3 cd's very often. I find that i think his skill is getting held back by alot of the creed songs. Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounds awesome in all the songs, but most of them are incredibly simple to play. Just get a couple of years expreience and some good coordination and you could play just about any of their songs. there are some exceptions, like the legendary riff in Stand here with me... To quote a reviewer who reviewed a Creed CD "Tremonti plays all of the songs like they were his children, they are just not very bright children"

If you've ever been to a creed concert, you'll find its a completely different story. Sometimes he just gos all out and plays the songs with more notes and more complex rythm. If you've ever seen the video of Bullets live @ SNL (you can get it off kazaa) you'll see it.

It may be cause the band wants to keep it as soft as it can be. What do you guys think?
Old 08-06-2003, 09:12 AM   #2
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Tremonti can do a lot of things that we don't know about. Bill Peck (Tremo's shredding friend) said that Creed fans would be very surprised if they knew what Mark is capable of. (or something along the lines of that, I've forgotten the actual quote)

I think what Mark does is play for the song, not for showing off. Obviously, who would want to hear endless wank after another when it doesn't fit in with the song/subject matter.

So no, I don't think he is being held back (obviously he has a lot of talent and skill), I think he's just playing these riffs because it fits.
________
Buy Herbalaire
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
benkenobi
USER INFO »
And there could always be another time for showing off his skill, if he ever comes out with a solo album.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 08-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Quote: Originally posted by benkenobi
And there could always be another time for showing off his skill, if he ever comes out with a solo album.

That would be cool if he did...just imagine...

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-06-2003, 12:33 PM   #5
benkenobi
USER INFO »
There's been a lot of talk on here about it lately. Mostly rumors I think or wishful thinking.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 08-06-2003, 05:52 PM   #6
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: Originally posted by tremonti.net
Tremonti can do a lot of things that we don't know about. Bill Peck (Tremo's shredding friend) said that Creed fans would be very surprised if they knew what Mark is capable of. (or something along the lines of that, I've forgotten the actual quote)

I think what Mark does is play for the song, not for showing off. Obviously, who would want to hear endless wank after another when it doesn't fit in with the song/subject matter.

So no, I don't think he is being held back (obviously he has a lot of talent and skill), I think he's just playing these riffs because it fits.

yeah, plus i dont think some things will fit the song. take Torn for example, its an easy guitar part, yes, but i love it. i love playing it, i love listening to it. tremonti does get chances to show off his skill, in albums, SHWM for example, or in concerts. i dont think hes being held back. plus, doesnt he right the guitar parts? for the most part at least?
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 08-06-2003, 10:12 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

I have an interview that Mark said that... I canīt find it right now... mybe I lost it when I formatted my puter...

anyway, no, Creed is not holding Mark. Thatīs a delirium of yours!

Old 08-06-2003, 11:57 PM   #8
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman

i agree
Old 08-07-2003, 02:12 AM   #9
Delirium
USER INFO »
Ok maybe he is willingly playing more simple riffs than he can do. But why would you do that? If you can go all out, go all out.

Show the people how good you are! i love reading people that review Creed Albumns, to get there opinion on the music and the reasons they like it or dont like it. An often recurring statement is that Tremontis guitar playing is mediocre at best.

And why would a more robust guitar part not fit the song? whether its "wash away those years" or "unforgiven" a more complex lead guitar would sound awesome.

Anyway thats just my opinion...
Old 08-07-2003, 03:10 AM   #10
facelessman
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Delirium
<b>Ok maybe he is willingly playing more simple riffs than he can do. But why would you do that? If you can go all out, go all out. &nbsp;

Show the people how good you are! i love reading people that review Creed Albumns, to get there opinion on the music and the reasons they like it or dont like it. An often recurring statement is that Tremontis guitar playing is mediocre at best. &nbsp;

And why would a more robust guitar part not fit the song? whether its "wash away those years" or "unforgiven" a more complex lead guitar would sound awesome. &nbsp;

Anyway thats just my opinion... </b>

yeah thats true, but i dont think that its Creed that is holding Mark back
Old 08-07-2003, 05:19 AM   #11
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
He also has said something about keeping the songs tight. Sure he could go out and have a 5 minutes wank fest in the middle of the song, but it would lose the passion and energy or something keeping in mind Mark is also the only guitarist in the band. What I'm saying is, Mark writes good songs, not complicated songs.

What would you prefer to listen to, a good song with a simple guitar peice, or a bad song with complicated guitars?
Old 08-07-2003, 07:05 AM   #12
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Here is my veiw...

You know what we guys in Sweden use to say....As simple it can be, as better.

I also know that Mark can play FUCKING impossible riffs....If Mark would play that fast on the CD's Creed would quickly become Metallica...and not Creed anymore...I LOVE Metallica...I FUCKING LOVE 'EM!!!! But I love Creed more...Metallica is me no: #2...and Creed no: #1....

Yes, I think it would be cool if Mark on the new CD could play at least one or two songs that's real heavy and just go one like Kirk Hammet...Or...Why not just Mark Tremonti....Mark can sounds like 3 guitarist at the same time....I don't mean that I want him to sounds like Kirk, 'cause I DO NOT!!!
I just mean that Kirk, in the Metallica songs get more space to do more solos...If only Creed could give him some time...Like "One" - Metallica...It's a real good example...If Creed could let Mark get that time like Kirk have, Creed would get even BETTER...and that's almost impossible!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #13
JenRN
USER INFO »
I think he is an awesome guitarist for sure, but NO I don't think CREED is holding him back. I think it would be beneficial to the band and to Mark to encorporate more solos in the next album to show off his incredible talent. I also think a solo album would be cool too, does not mean they are breaking up it can be an extra on the side, would be cool! I personally want some more "heavier" stuff on the next CD!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-07-2003, 11:41 AM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Said Eyes
He also has said something about keeping the songs tight. Sure he could go out and have a 5 minutes wank fest in the middle of the song, but it would lose the passion and energy or something keeping in mind Mark is also the only guitarist in the band. What I'm saying is, Mark writes good songs, not complicated songs. &nbsp;

LMAO @ "wank fest" ...Anyway, I agree, and there is something to be said for simplicity. There is beauty in that as well. It's not just about skill and talent. You have to feel the music and send that emotion to the listener. I think he does a pretty good job at that. Plus, live he's just a blast to hear and watch. He gets into it big time and just looks like he's having a blast!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:22 PM   #15
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I totally agree with you, Dogstar. You can tell he feels the music and is having a great time wailing on that guitar!!

Relearn Love