++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
theironhorse
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
sd#201

Sunday Dispatch #201

I had run from my faith when I left home and ran right into rock 'n' roll, which was the worst thing my dad could have ever expected me to do.

But when you're called to write, you just write what you feel. At the time I was writing those songs, I didn't think about or question why the lyrics had religious or spiritual connotations. I just wrote about what I was feeling, what I was struggling with. It did mess with the dynamics of the band. They were mad at me. They'd say, 'We didn't want to be in a Christian band!' They wanted to be in a rock 'n' roll band. ...

But I had a [spiritual] calling on my life, from when I was younger, and the way I was raised, and I couldn't run away from it.

At the time, we could honestly say we weren't a Christian band. I was rebellious, kind of running from God, struggling in my faith. It was challenging, but it was a blessing in disguise, because it really allowed our music to go places where normal secular music wasn't allowed to go.

I also found out I wasn't alone in the world. There were a lot of people out there that had the same struggles with their faith.

~Scott Stapp, former lead singer of Creed, in World
Old 10-03-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 10-03-2004, 09:10 PM   #3
Light is Life
USER INFO »
He hasn't even noticed that these struggles are the very manifestation of our OWN faith. I could never be where I am now without facing all those conflicts and struggling with them. I've spent years thinking and thinking... trying to read a secret book called God.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
thanks for posting that Iron Horse...
good post...

particularly liked ths line from the post:

Quote: I also found out I wasn't alone in the world. There were a lot of people out there that had the same struggles with their faith.

and that is very true, no one is ever alone, no matter how much it feels like they are...it is the battles we fight that lead us to victory and help each of us realize that without fighting those battles the victory would not mean as much...therefore our faith is strengthend by what we are able to accomplish in this life and what we learn...that is the spiritual calling for every soul God has created...sooner or later we each realize this.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
without agoney there is no defeat without weakness there is no stregnth with out lifes ups in downs there is no victory blessed be those who finds peace that passes all understanding with in their struggles thats inside of us all,,,,,, you will never know the real peace untill its truly truly need it,,,,,then you know,,,,GOD BLESS
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 10-05-2004, 12:47 PM   #6
whitebird
USER INFO »
Scott Stapp is a person that I would some day like to meet. Not because the world considers him a "Star", but because I would like to look into his eyes to see the spirit within the man.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:38 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Eyes Are Mirrors Of The Soul Your Right Whitebird