++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Do you let your religion dictate your political view and vote?
Yes 3 21.43%
No 8 57.14%
Some times 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #76
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: God wants people to not only choose His ways but to choose HIM by their own free will, so enforcing laws like no gay marriages for example, on a gay couple who love each other and know no other life, is an obvious opressive and unrealistic restriction. They cannot find God or in my beliefs, Jesus in that - they only find condemnation and rejection.

I tend to agree with you here. But are you also saying that such thinss as murder shouldn't be legislated? As long as wrongdoing only invovles those who are INVOLVED IN THE DECISION making, I wouldn't say the government should care. But the government also has to protect people from those who would do them ill, don't you agree?
Old 09-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #77
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I tend to agree with you here. But are you also saying that such thinss as murder shouldn't be legislated? As long as wrongdoing only invovles those who are INVOLVED IN THE DECISION making, I wouldn't say the government should care. But the government also has to protect people from those who would do them ill, don't you agree?

I would like to say at this time Uncertain that there is a point when things do have to be legislated (i.e. murder) in any government system if they are to have any hope of maintaining order (mind you this is speaking from a logical prospective no my political prospective). Make sense?
Old 09-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #78
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by metalanus) America is a Christian Nation. Well used to be. Ragrdless if the founding fathers were christian or not they based alot of thought around biblical principles. There is no such thing as seperation of church and state. Thomas Jefferson mentioned it in a letter. However he was writing that Government should not run the churches.

http://darkenmoon.net/sig.gif
Old 09-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #79
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Well thats a loaded question (which is a fallacy) are you just trying to squirm your way out of this?
you want a loaded question? let's start with your initial question in this poll: "Do you let Religion dictate political views?"
-"let"--as if we have no choice in the matter: we either allow x to happen, or we are subsmed
-"dictate"--another word with a negative connotation, for obvious reasons.
why not phrase the question as "Does religion play a role as you shape your political ideology?"
or to take a connotation opposite yours:
"do politics get in the way of your religious views?"

Old 09-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #80
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) The usual.

Anakrist/Jester has this weird problem, Julie, its called logic. You see, he likes to attack Christianity and all Faith based religions because he feels threatened. That is the ONLY reason in fact. There is no reason for an atheist to attack someone else's religion except becasue they feel threatened by the fact that we have found something they haven't. Because otherwise, it should make no difference to an atheist. After all, its US wasting our time reading Bibles, worshipping, praying etc.

The logic problem comes in when he attacks Faiths. Instead of actually giving reasons, he gives unprovable and equally non-disprovable statements like how we are all deceived, it is all a big sham, etc. etc.

When called upon to explain why a simple question is a "fallacy", he can't do it! So of course he likes to insult (that is always what someone does when they have nothing left) but he has no answers. I just asked him why he thought the question was a "logical fallacy" and instead of answering (If it is so easy that I am STUPID for not understanding, surely he could explain it to me, right?) he jukes, evades, and runs like he always does.

Sure, he has plenty of atheists on websites backing up his "claims" but anyone can prove anything on the internet. I could come up with a zillion Christian sites "proving" everything I claim but do I bother? No, because he won't listen. And he ACTUALLY THINKS that his oscillating universe idea is a scientifically credible theory. That right there should tell you all you need to know.

Anarkist in the last thing I shall ever say to you unless you change your ways drastically, congratulations. You get the world record for the most red herrings, straw men, fallacies, presuppositions, ad hominem attacks, and evasive non-answers that anyone has ever seen. Ever notice how NO ONE agrees with you on this board, even though your personal beliefs AREN'T all that far from certain ones, like Ana4Stapp? She is not religious, pretty liberal, and would probably agree with you on msot things. And even SHE thinks you aren't arguing well, or by the rules. Oh WAIT, I FORGOT. You don't want rules. You want Earth to become a living embodiment of your own nickname. Everyone doing whatever they want, complete godlessness, lack of morals, and lack of any sort of charity at all.
touché

Old 09-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #81
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) you want a loaded question? let's start with your initial question in this poll: "Do you let Religion dictate political views?"
-"let"--as if we have no choice in the matter: we either allow x to happen, or we are subsmed
-"dictate"--another word with a negative connotation, for obvious reasons.
why not phrase the question as "Does religion play a role as you shape your political ideology?"
or to take a connotation opposite yours:
"do politics get in the way of your religious views?"

Ahh but you see Rmadd I gave the choice of Yes No and sometimes which does not make it a loded question and in addition to that I give you a chance to explain why you voted the way you did. So you see it in fact is not a loaded question.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #82
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Ahh but you see Rmadd I gave the choice of Yes No and sometimes which does not make it a loded question and in addition to that I give you a chance to explain why you voted the way you did. So you see it in fact is not a loaded question.
are members here discussing at greater length than yes/no/sometimes, or are they not?

Old 09-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #83
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) are members here discussing at greater length than yes/no/sometimes, or are they not?

some like you have chosen to, others not, that choice is on them