++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Do you let your religion dictate your political view and vote?
Yes 3 21.43%
No 8 57.14%
Some times 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #46
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yea I know
Old 09-06-2005, 12:46 AM   #47
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) That is a very Vain and subjective statment. I don't sit here and say that my morals are better than yours. I say this for 2 reasons

1. I am not you
2. It would be stupid of me to just dismiss your moral base and background

Like I have said a million times my moral base has nothing to do with my political views.
who's "vain and subjective"? You're allowed to look down upon my views, but I cannot do so upon yours?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:19 AM   #48
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
but you see I am not looking down on anyone here I voiced an opinion weather you agree or not is your business. but when you make laws so that I (or people like me) have freedoms taken away based on your religious beliefs or morals that is when it has gon too far. I have said this time and time agian.... If you don't like the rights afforded to you THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THEM. it is plain and simple how can you people not grasp that? Legislating religion and morals is wrong, people should be free to make their own choices regarding it.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:29 AM   #49
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You think I don't dialogue with atheists? I do. In fact I have had lots of discussion and debates with them at other forums.
they way you "defend your faith" I would say you lose a lot of your arguments. I will be the first to say that I am not the Athiest that has all these resources at the table but I do have afew up my sleave. but I am also not the worlds greatest debater but I have see many exchanges on many boards and you are probably the worst apologist I have ever see I mean you make Josh McDowell look good as an apologist.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) So, I am goign to take your advice and leave this board where people "agree" with me, because I am sick and tired of you.

Leaving huh? thats why you're still posting right? and hey I joined your catholic board I don't see you anywhere on my Ex-Christian board but then agian I am not surprised you have given me no reason to give you any trust or hold you as a person of integraty.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:31 AM   #50
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Leaving huh? thats why you're still posting right? and hey I joined your catholic board I don't see you anywhere on my Ex-Christian board but then agian I am not surprised you have given me no reason to give you any trust or hold you as a person of integraty.

Well, You really understand the leaving forums practice as an emergency exit...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #51
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Well, You really understand the leaving forums practice as an emergency exit...

Not really but we can pretend Anna

I left becasue I needed a break in the time I was gone my wife gave birth to our 2nd child and my over all on-line activity was almost non existant I knew that it would be coming so I bowed out for a bit, its not like I have not taken a leave before remember I was gone while I was in the army and I have left other times as well I have never had to make an "emergency exit" as you put it I have never left a board because of some one else (thats what the ignore feature is for )
Old 09-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #52
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Your threads are getting rather old From now on I plan to ignore them You left anyways...remember? So we shouldn't even be seeing your threads here.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #53
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) but you see I am not looking down on anyone here I voiced an opinion weather you agree or not is your business. but when you make laws so that I (or people like me) have freedoms taken away based on your religious beliefs or morals that is when it has gon too far. I have said this time and time agian.... If you don't like the rights afforded to you THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THEM. it is plain and simple how can you people not grasp that? Legislating religion and morals is wrong, people should be free to make their own choices regarding it.
i would say that, in calling my opinions/statements "vain," you are, in fact, looking down upon them. your choice to say that legislating religion and morals is wrong is, most definitely, looks down upon the view held by those who believe that religion and/or morals should be legislated. why do you choose to do anything and everything you do? would i be too incorrect in assuming that it's because you believe that you hold those particular actions/beliefs to be superior to any alternatives?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:11 PM   #54
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) would i be too incorrect in assuming that it's because you believe that you hold those particular actions/beliefs to be superior to any alternatives?

Well thats a loaded question (which is a fallacy) are you just trying to squirm your way out of this?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #55
creedsister
USER INFO »
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa your Right there is no getting it You Won PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaa now hushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #56
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) they way you "defend your faith" I would say you lose a lot of your arguments. I will be the first to say that I am not the Athiest that has all these resources at the table but I do have afew up my sleave. but I am also not the worlds greatest debater but I have see many exchanges on many boards and you are probably the worst apologist I have ever see I mean you make Josh McDowell look good as an apologist.

Yes and you make Ozzy Osbourne look moral. I DID stop posting but when you stopped posting... well I saw no reason to continue in my absence.

I have pretty much won every argument I have had with you but you can't see it because you don't even understand how they work. For instance:

Quote: have freedoms taken away based on your religious beliefs or morals that is when it has gon too far.

This simple sentence presupposes a ZILLION things. First, that we should have freedom at all. Who said that? Second, that peopel shouldn't have the FREEDOM to take OTHERS freedom away. Who said we can't do that? And also, if we are to presuppose that we have some freedoms, who decides which oens we have and which we don't? You would have us give people the freedom to murder rape and pilfer? Probably not. Yet you have no problem with those "freedoms" being taken away.

Quote: and hey I joined your catholic board I don't see you anywhere on my Ex-Christian board but then agian I am not surprised you have given me no reason to give you any trust or hold you as a person of integraty.

Oh like I have noticed you. How many of these topcis have you opened up? I'd love to see you start a thread saying that that the Bible is really contradictory and unreliable. Maybe if you do that I'll go join your little pet board.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #57
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Well thats a loaded question (which is a fallacy) are you just trying to squirm your way out of this?

HE squirming? You are most definitely the one squirming.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #58
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) HE squirming? You are most definitely the one squirming.

No I just refuse to play in to a loaded question there is no answer where I can be read right....

its like the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" if you answer yes then that means you did beat your wife. If you answer no that means you are still beating your wife

do I need to draw a diagram?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:34 AM   #59
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) No I just refuse to play in to a loaded question there is no answer where I can be read right....

its like the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" if you answer yes then that means you did beat your wife. If you answer no that means you are still beating your wife

do I need to draw a diagram?

If it is so loaded explain how. Say "I was never beating my wife".
Old 09-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #60
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) If it is so loaded explain how. Say "I was never beating my wife".

You are in fact joking right? becasue what it looks like to me is that you are denying the existance of a logial fallacy.