++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Do you let your religion dictate your political view and vote?
Yes 3 21.43%
No 8 57.14%
Some times 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #16
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i, personally, do allow those beliefs to influence my decisions. that is not to say that i support this country becoming a theocracy. i do feel, however, that the morality espoused by my religious views is correct & the best (if i didn't believe that, then what would be the point of holding any convictions).

I do have question RMadd by this statment are you implying that it is impossible to have moraltiy with out a system of belief? what about ethics?

just curious

-JESTER
Old 09-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #17
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Well if you look at it you didn't have a vote 'til you were 18 and you were subject to the laws of the land anyway so are you saying that we should let EVERYONE regardless of age vote? No matter how you slice it Uncertain your view on arbortion is motivated by religious reasons (your religion says it is wrong) that is something you can not deny.

My religion says murder is wrong. If that means I'm letting my religious beliefs influence my decision making, I am proud of it.

Quote: Actually I do believe that drugs and polygamy should not be illegal and as for murder well if you look around it is legal in some states under some circumstances (in Texas it is legal to murder as long as you tell the person when and how you are going to kill them. and in D.C. dueling is still legal). I think people have the right to govern themselves. Now don’t get me wrong I have morals just because something is legal doesn’t mean I will do it. If it were completely legal to murder I wouldn’t. I go with the philosophy of treating people as you would want to be treated. You get what you give in that respect. Keep in mind that I do have a political affiliation (Libertarian) I do have my ideals but I am smart enough to know that I have to work with the system to change it 

So you want total and complete anarchy? You want drugs legal? What is wrong with you.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #18
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist)
and for the record I am for public nudity as relieving yourself in public there are health concerns about that and I can't think of many people who would want to have intercourse in the street (I know I wouldn't) but agian what ever I am not say that any of thoes things are or are not imposing on your religious beliefs.

You are for public nudity and sex in public. Why am I even arguing with you?

Quote: Oh believe me I have been a member on many Christian boards the problem is that the second I raise a voice in protest BOOM I get banned I have been on Christianteenforums.com and Christianforums.com as well because the don't want to hear a different point of view so the second you say anything to the effect of "I don't believe that god exists" Boom Banned

Now I am more than happy to joint this board of yours if I am not going to get banned just for being an Atheist otherwise I am not going to waste my time. I can guarantee that you won't get banned for your beliefs you can say what ever you want and the admin will not bat an eye. So do tell me Uncertain will this be a waste of my time or not?

As logn as you voice your opinions in a respectful manner, which doesn't always happen, you will never be banned for your beliefs.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:48 PM   #19
creedsister
USER INFO »
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa If Folks Wants To Get Jiggy Wit On The Streets Hey FREE LOVE What Can I I voted No I never Vote Anyways If their be anything like banging your head through a break wall Voting is hehe But I cheer On the morons who think their vote is going to change the world HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA its just all for the Love that ya had your 2 cents in it
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #20
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Your post, as usual, is illegible, unreadable, sounds like it is in a foreign language and no one can understand what you are saying. This is really discourteous to not take the time to make your posts readable for other people.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #21
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) So you want total and complete anarchy? You want drugs legal? What is wrong with you.

Wow it took you that long to say that when my name is Anarkist (yest I know I spelled it wrong it was done on perpose)

Yes legalized drugs the stupid ones will weed themselves out there is nothign wrong with using drugs as long as it is done in a resposible manner (I myself do not do drugs I have no interest in them).
Old 09-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #22
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Your post, as usual, is illegible, unreadable, sounds like it is in a foreign language and no one can understand what you are saying. This is really discourteous to not take the time to make your posts readable for other people.

we have been telling her this for ever Uncertain I have just accepted that it will never change I attempt to read them but just move on
Old 09-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #23
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) You are for public nudity and sex in public. Why am I even arguing with you?

Quote:
Now if you take your beliefs in politics out to their ends, we shouldn't illegalize murder, drugs, polygamy or anything like that. You wanna make those legal? If you do, I'd actually respect your position more. Right now you are jsut being contradictory.

I have mede my position known and you have contradicted yourself. I tell you what I think on the topics of drugs and polgamy and such and you turn coat Typical bait and switch tactic of an apologist.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #24
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) I have mede my position known and you have contradicted yourself. I tell you what I think on the topics of drugs and polgamy and such and you turn coat Typical bait and switch tactic of an apologist.

Yes, your position makes SENSE, logically, now. But if you really believe all that, then I really have no interest in arguing with you. But I have one more question to see if maybe I can get a more objective debate started:

Who says we deserve freedom? Where is it written that human beings are all supposed to be free to do whatever they want?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #25
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Wow it took you that long to say that when my name is Anarkist (yest I know I spelled it wrong it was done on perpose)

Yes legalized drugs the stupid ones will weed themselves out there is nothign wrong with using drugs as long as it is done in a resposible manner (I myself do not do drugs I have no interest in them).
You just said drugs aren't a problem if used responsibly. Drugs aren't a problem if used responsibly? USING them is irresponsible! They aren't illegal for no reason at all! They are illegal becasue they are HARMFUL, and if you give me a stupid web page that "proves" it otherwise it will do nothing but prove the rest of your sources unreliable, because as you probably know, anyone can make anything look proven on the internet, and it is a freakign fact that illegal drugs such as heroine and cocaine are harmful. Nor granted this has LITTLE to do with the debate but COME ON man.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) I do have question RMadd by this statment are you implying that it is impossible to have moraltiy with out a system of belief? what about ethics?

just curious

-JESTER
i'm not quite sure how you got that out of my statement but no, i don't think it's impossible. certainly not for ethics, anyway. there are many unethical christians, just as there are, i'm sure, many ethical atheists. what constitutes morality, however, is far more subjective. i'm sure that you have a set of beliefs from which your morality is derived; i, therefore, cannot write off your morality as being illegitimate. never having been an atheist or irreligious, nor having studied it deeply, i am not particularly knowledgeable regarding the basis for an irreligious person's moral compass. just because i believe my morality is superior to yours does not make your morality entirely invalid, if that's what you're accusing me of doing. just because the Cardinals are superior to the Cubs (and just about every other team in the MLB) doesn't mean that the Cubs (or anyone else) effictively cease to exist as a pro baseball team.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #27
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Wow it took you that long to say that when my name is Anarkist (yest I know I spelled it wrong it was done on perpose.
yeahhh... he's not really the sharpest knife in the drawer

Old 09-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #28
RMadd
USER INFO »
i guess i should qualify the extent to which i allow my religious beliefs to influence my voting behavior. for me, two of the main moral issues facing this country today are gay marriage & abortion. it is my belief that both are wrong & sinful. ceteris parbus, i would vote for the candidate supporting these views. however, in the past 3 or 4 months, i have realized that president bush, while in line with my views on these two issues, has failed us on a number of other counts. that is not to say that i wish to take back my vote last november and place it in favor of sen. kerry. i'm kind of a neo-con-moderate, i guess you could say. if taxes need to be raised, hike 'em up on the rich a bit. if the federal gov't needs to expand its power to get something of grave importance done, so be it. but, as i said above, i still support these particular christian views, so yeah.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:39 PM   #29
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Yes legalized drugs the stupid ones will weed themselves out there is nothign wrong with using drugs as long as it is done in a resposible manner (I myself do not do drugs I have no interest in them).

Using drugs in a responsible manner????? Does it exists?

Also, Im always defending the freedom in EVERY level: freedom of speech, of religion,sexual, all kinds of individual freedom. ..but saying theres nothing wrong with using drugs is at least irresponsible and inadmissible.

After that, this thread clearly has no sense...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-02-2005, 12:49 AM   #30
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Who says we deserve freedom? Where is it written that human beings are all supposed to be free to do whatever they want?

What county do you live in??? cuz if you live in Canada then this question makes sense otherwise you just felt like filling a little more space in your post.