++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Director of "Rain" Music Video Confirmed

From Tunelab:

http://tunelab.com/2009/10/08/creed-...w-single-rain/

"Creed have filmed a video for their new single “Rain” with director Gavin Bowden, keep a look out for it sometime soon. The track is the second single from their upcoming new album ‘Full Circle‘, due out October 27th."

More info about Gavin...

http://www.videostatic.com/vs/windup/index.html

SHOT: Creed - Gavin Bowden, director

* artist: Creed
* song: "Rain"
* label: Wind-Up
* director(s): Gavin Bowden
* production co: Collaboration Factory
* rep: Laure Scott
* commissioner: Bill Richards

Steven Gottlieb at October 8, 2009 in Collaboration Factory

Gavin Bowden is an award-winning video director whose work is currently represented on CBS television with the miniseries "The Courier". Gavin's credits of note are the chart-topping Red Hot Chili Peppers Documentary "Funky Monks," which was also awarded a Billboard Gold Video Sales Award. Later he made the Chili Peppers' first music video that was documentary in style, followed by their first single "Warped" video, and "Aeroplane." Daniel Lanois, REM, Butthole Surfers, Blues Traveler, Matchbox 20, Lit and P.O.D. are among Bowden's musical clients. Matchbox 20 "3 A.M." reached #1 video on both MTV and VH1, and was awarded a Billboard Viewers Choice Award.

Videos he's directed...

http://www.collaborationfactory.com/director.php?v=20

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Re: Director of "Rain" Music Video Confirmed

Hopefully this time they're doing a legit video instead of live footage or one of their old weirdy ones lol.

It's always been weird to me that creed's writing has always had such good storytelling in it but the videos have not.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) Hopefully this time they're doing a legit video instead of live footage or one of their old weirdy ones lol.

It's always been weird to me that creed's writing has always had such good storytelling in it but the videos have not.

Yeah... I think one reason why people hated Creed so much in the past... is because of their videos.

Their music should be able to inspire good some pretty awesome music videos.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

how exactly do you tell a story in 4 minutes with music? please enlighten me. watch some of Tool's music videos to see what a real "story" is like in a music video. Their videos are second to none the only reason you don't see them on MTV is because their actually good music videos... and their sort of long.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »

Where the hell is this video even going to air? Do music channels even show them anymore?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

haha. good question ^^^

music videos are pretty much worthless now, i really dont know why anyone makes them. MTV and VH1 just play reality tv all day, its a wonder music videos are still made
Old 10-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #7
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) haha. good question ^^^

music videos are pretty much worthless now, i really dont know why anyone makes them. MTV and VH1 just play reality tv all day, its a wonder music videos are still made

Yeah, exactly and what few videos that do get played are just lame pop and obnoxious hip-hop videos. Not exactly Creed's demographic.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yeah, exactly and what few videos that do get played are just lame pop and obnoxious hip-hop videos. Not exactly Creed's demographic.

i noticed they all have dancing in them... lol

can't make a music video anymore without idiots lip syncing and dancing around i guess. hannah montana is very effective in this method
Old 10-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #9
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Where the hell is this video even going to air? Do music channels even show them anymore?
UH NO we have realtiy tv and keep in mind its for real cheesy talk and game shows for artists hard up for exposer we have the cash cow teen pop is growing ya mite get lucky there So no To Be hontest Music Televison Plays Everything But Music sad but true I recall VHI The List Favorite Episode Was With The Godfather Of Soul James Brown but it was canceled it was about music great little show indeed so more in likley you,ll have to down load it unless it makes the top ten Makes Ya Miss Back When I Sware Back When Mtv Played Music
Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I mean, shoot me for saying this (if you can beat me to doing it myself), but i've always felt like, even though the songs were shit, that nickelback's videos told a pretty good story.

Someday and Saving Me in particular stood out as a decent video for a 4 minute song to me.

It really isn't hard to cram a story into a short period of time, you just need a smart writer.

If you've ever seen Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog by Joss Whedon, he crams into 40 minutes what most professional hollywood writer/directors can't do in a trilogy of movies, and it makes MORE sense.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) If you've ever seen Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog by Joss Whedon, he crams into 40 minutes what most professional hollywood writer/directors can't do in a trilogy of movies, and it makes MORE sense.
Joss is my master