++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-28-2004, 04:18 PM   #46
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I like his style of singing in "Eden (Turn the Page)".

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 03-28-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:25 PM   #47
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) - I personally like a stronger baratone voice the best.

I'm with ya on that!!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-28-2004, 05:57 PM   #48
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) No, you can't compare Myles to Stapp. They have different styles and technical skills.

Yet, I love Stapp's tone. It caught my attention the first time I heard him. I love his lyrics. He's my favourite singer.

Myles is great, although I'm personally not a fan of the high ranges. I'm looking forward to listen how he fits to Mark. Maybe he'll come up with a different style of M4, since he sounds really versatile.

no you can't compare but but it will obviously be done! Just like Zak De Rocha and Chris Cornell and Axl Rose and Scott Weiland. All four of these guys are vastly different singers and yet are compared because their bands remained basically the same with a lineup change in the vocalist department.

I personally prefer a higher range singer such as Chris Cornell or Myles Kennedy but besides these guys and Axl Rose no-one really does it very well. A baritone is great for Mark's style of music and I will miss having Scott's lyrics here but oh well. This does free up Mark though where he can wail and doesn't have to detune his guitar half the time.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:23 PM   #49
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) no you can't compare but but it will obviously be done! Just like Zak De Rocha and Chris Cornell and Axl Rose and Scott Weiland. All four of these guys are vastly different singers and yet are compared because their bands remained basically the same with a lineup change in the vocalist department.

I personally prefer a higher range singer such as Chris Cornell or Myles Kennedy but besides these guys and Axl Rose no-one really does it very well. A baritone is great for Mark's style of music and I will miss having Scott's lyrics here but oh well. This does free up Mark though where he can wail and doesn't have to detune his guitar half the time.

Mark can finally express himself as a musician. He can solo as much as he wants. He has written all the lyrics to his songs and he's got a rhythm guitarist. Mark will enjoy this band more than he ever did with Creed.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #50
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Mark can finally express himself as a musician. He can solo as much as he wants. He has written all the lyrics to his songs and he's got a rhythm guitarist. Mark will enjoy this band more than he ever did with Creed.

its a vastly different dynamic to Creed, this is all Mark really with a fantastic singer to sing his songs while Creed was really a partnership at least songwriting wise between Mark and Scott. Whatever happens in the future Mark I hope will be very grateful for Creed, otherwise Myles probably wouldn't have auditoned for the singers spot. He wouldn't have being asked to produce Submersed's album, write songs for Troy Stetina the list goes on. Sure Mark earnt what he has received but Scott was a major reason for Creed's success.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:33 PM   #51
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
dudes... you're here because you're Creed fans, not only a member fan.

Stop saying/acting like Creed sucked or that the new band is way better than Creed... you didn't even listened to them yet.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:44 PM   #52
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
hey unlike my friend Trees of Wisdom here I do like Scott Stapp and think he's a great singer, lyrcrist and performer. I'm trying to be a little objective here, and please can we still have Creed? No doubt this album will rock like a mule though!
Old 03-28-2004, 08:07 PM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree, Marcos...Creed were ALL of them, and ALL of them made the band successful, not just one or two. That said, I'm still psyched to hear whatever they put out solo-wise...Mark AND Scott .
Old 03-28-2004, 11:23 PM   #54
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) Whatever happens in the future Mark I hope will be very grateful for Creed,
I may have read that wrong, but what do you mean you hope that Mark will be very grateful for Creed? Of course he will be, he has been with them for like 5 or 6 years, how could he not be grateful.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) Sure Mark earnt what he has received but Scott was a major reason for Creed's success.
Grrr, dude stop saying that. So many people have said that already, and we all keep on saying the same thing. Creed just wasn't Stapp, Creed was Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and until Human Clay, Brian Marshall. When a band becomes succesfull, popular, and builds its fans, well actually to put it simply, when you are a band, it's not just one band member putting it all together and making a band what they are, it's all of the band members. For Creed it wasn't just Stapp, it was all of them.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 03-29-2004, 04:14 AM   #55
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) I may have read that wrong, but what do you mean you hope that Mark will be very grateful for Creed? Of course he will be, he has been with them for like 5 or 6 years, how could he not be grateful.

Grrr, dude stop saying that. So many people have said that already, and we all keep on saying the same thing. Creed just wasn't Stapp, Creed was Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and until Human Clay, Brian Marshall. When a band becomes succesfull, popular, and builds its fans, well actually to put it simply, when you are a band, it's not just one band member putting it all together and making a band what they are, it's all of the band members. For Creed it wasn't just Stapp, it was all of them.

yeah i know its all of them i'm trying to restore some balance Scott's way for what its worth. I have heard plenty around here about how great Mark's band will be (which it will be i'm psyched) but because we don't know much about Scott's stuff I don't think he's getting as much love. It was a songwriting partnership after all. I think you are poiting out the obvious here!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:20 AM   #56
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) yeah i know its all of them i'm trying to restore some balance Scott's way for what its worth. I have heard plenty around here about how great Mark's band will be (which it will be i'm psyched) but because we don't know much about Scott's stuff I don't think he's getting as much love. It was a songwriting partnership after all. I think you are poiting out the obvious here!

i'm quoting myself here hehe but why am i talking in the past sense? ggrrr
Old 03-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #57
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i'm quoting myself here hehe but why am i talking in the past sense? ggrrr

I can sense a spamer here!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #58
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I can sense a spamer here!

spam?

Wind-Up will announce this new band including an introduction of Myles and they will just get a shrug of the shoulders!
Old 03-29-2004, 07:23 PM   #59
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Mark can finally express himself as a musician. He can solo as much as he wants. He has written all the lyrics to his songs and he's got a rhythm guitarist. Mark will enjoy this band more than he ever did with Creed.

I whole heartly aggree 110%, I think possibly this band could succeed creed. And I garentee you that this band will receive ten times the respect creed EVER got.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #60
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) I whole heartly aggree 110%, I think possibly this band could succeed creed. And I garentee you that this band will receive ten times the respect creed EVER got.

i have thought about this possiblity and already people are giving this group some respect and want to see what they will bring out. but hey call me selfish but i want creed and the new band just like Tool fans have APC as well. they will be their own band with their own sound not creed mark 2. lyrically it will not be as good as creed i am willing to bet on that. i hate that it seems people are taking sides lets just embrace whatever they do. i think i might even the "jesus christ poses" hehe