++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 04-25-2005, 04:31 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
silly forms of music?

yes i know all genres are equally valid blah blah but come on there are some silly ones out there. exhibit A is christian death metal......nothing says praise the lord like rah raaahhhhhhhh raaahhyyaaa raaaahi raaaaaaaaaaa backed by really heavy and depressing music.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-25-2005, 01:21 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
true true
how about country? if i want a drinking song, i'll take Lil Jon any day over any lame-ass twangy, drawling "I've been sittin' here all day just tryin to drink my sorrows away".... and if I want a lovin song, there's always Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, etc. for me country is just fuckmazingly annoying. and silly.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol, I hate Rap, R&B, Country and Pop the most. So I guess they'd be silly forms of music for me, lol.

But, I agree with Aussie, Christian Death Metal is pretty silly. Really, that screaming type of metal(the type where you can't understand a word the vocalist is singing) is silly. The music might be alright, but the vocals just stink in my opinion. I like the type of Rock music where I can actually, ya know, UNDERSTAND what the vocalist is singing. Otherwise, it seems kinda pointless for me to listen to it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) yes i know all genres are equally valid blah blah but come on there are some silly ones out there. exhibit A is christian death metal......nothing says praise the lord like rah raaahhhhhhhh raaahhyyaaa raaaahi raaaaaaaaaaa backed by really heavy and depressing music.
Well I For One Taketh Metal Very Serious I Dont Find It Silly At All PRAISE AND PLAY WITH A LOUD NOISE But Good Lord Help Me What Is Sily And Makes Me Deppressed Oh THE AGONEY OF BLUE GRASS GOSPEL ...It Makes One Think That The Good Lord Said Oh Let My Children Suffer No Longer Let THERE BE ROCK IN ROLL PRAISE YOU JESUS THANK YOU LORD For Having Mercy Up On Us ....And Nobody Laugh At Me B/c Im Serious As A Heartache...Where Would We Be .. ..Something To Think About ... :Really ...
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
i don't think they're bashing jesus, just the fact that it doesn't seem "jesus" and "death" metal" are perfect complements for each other

Old 04-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
revisfoot
USER INFO »
You know what I find silly?

American Idol (or, as I like to call it, "American Karaoke")!

I can't stand that -- get up there, sing someone else's songs and try to make it "big". Come on, do it the REAL way!! I don't need American Idol to "make it".
Old 04-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
I'm with you on Idol although I must confess it can be addictive viewing!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-28-2005, 10:39 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) You know what I find silly?

American Idol (or, as I like to call it, "American Karaoke")!

I can't stand that -- get up there, sing someone else's songs and try to make it "big". Come on, do it the REAL way!! I don't need American Idol to "make it".
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa Dorks
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-14-2005, 03:37 AM   #9
Ivan_Creed
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) yes i know all genres are equally valid blah blah but come on there are some silly ones out there. exhibit A is christian death metal......nothing says praise the lord like rah raaahhhhhhhh raaahhyyaaa raaaahi raaaaaaaaaaa backed by really heavy and depressing music.

Christian Death Metal is fun!!!
It's all up to someone's taste, and it would be ridicoulous to discuss about it (in a manner that it is silly and whatever..)....

I hate rap and alike, but that's my opinion, and I won't harm anyone.

I don't know why I posted here.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Pop-Punk... that's like a COMPLETE Contradiction

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-15-2005, 11:25 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ivan_Creed) Christian Death Metal is fun!!!
It's all up to someone's taste, and it would be ridicoulous to discuss about it (in a manner that it is silly and whatever..)....

for the same reason im doing it DEATH METAL is truly where its at HAAAAAAAAA i dont know why they labeled it CHRISTIAN DEATH METAL because there is,nt really much of a differ HAAAA,
Old 06-16-2005, 01:43 AM   #12
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ivan_Creed) Christian Death Metal is fun!!!

whether its fun or not isn't really the point. the point of any christian music is to worship. now i'm all for rocking out ( love some metal but death metal isn't my thing i must admit) but christian and death metal shouldn't go together IMHO.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 06-16-2005, 04:21 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I Worship Just Fine i dont have a probleam with that ...I worship Pray Get It All Out , The Go For Something Mellow And Then By That Time Its Hits And Grabs You That We Worship The UNIVERSAL GOD everybody has that right TO WORSHIP HOW THEY FEEL...i gotta be honset i take just a good old fashion feel sometimes and then it only makes me wanna PRAISE LOUDER AMEN AND AMEN, The Louder The Better Everything Else Just Holds Ya Back*** LET EVERYTHING PRAISE DA LORD !!!!! Because EVERYTHING HEARS THE LORD, So The Lord Can Be Heared Now Those Who Look For Other Passages Other Than Believing GOD IS THE EVERYTHING GOD And Without Nothing Him NOTHING WAS ... Im Changing topic ..but of course im known to do that and i cant help my lit self...
Old 06-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #14
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
I know respecting all the differents music tastes is the correct policy but country music is silly, and rap and pop music are also silly!!!! And I definitely dislike any kind of christian music...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-26-2005, 02:40 AM   #15
Ivan_Creed
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) whether its fun or not isn't really the point. the point of any christian music is to worship. now i'm all for rocking out ( love some metal but death metal isn't my thing i must admit) but christian and death metal shouldn't go together IMHO.

I do understand it might be a oxymoron (and this you will understand only if you actually listen to Death Metal), but some people want to praise him loud, and when they say DM, they probably mean the style of music, not ideology and philosophy of it. One good example might be the band Demon Hunter (there are probably better than this, but not even close to actually 'popular' as Demon Hunter)...