++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I am the only way?

If we don't preach the gospel, people will not be saved?

Do you believe that? I don't. That's salvation as commodity, not salvation as a gift, and I don't believe that is God's intention either...

Think about it, some Christians (First Assembly, for example)say that unless you have heard about Jesus and made an explicit commitment to being his follower, you cannot be "saved". Leaving aside the question of those who have heard about Jesus and not responded, and of those who never hear about Jesus in the first place? This is what I believe Carlos was trying to convey, not that he didn't believe the way, but that there are more ways to get there than just one.

Abraham, for example...

When Jesus says he is the way, I think he is saying that he represents the larger way, saying that the path to Truth is the way, not necessarily Christianity in church form.

Jesus anticipated this when he said: "Anyone who resolves to do the will of God will know whether the teaching [I am giving] is from God or whether I am speaking on my own." (John 7:17)

Someone who wants to know God will recognize the importance of Jesus when they do hear about him, this happened for me about 20 years ago, after I went to church throughout my childhood, btw...

Not trying to make this difficult, I just don't subscribe to a one track mindset, I also fear the church of today though.

Heaven

Last edited by HeavenBesideYou : 11-12-2005 at 10:32 AM. Reason: It's early...
Old 11-12-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen !!!!

Great Opening Look at a very open mind opion Hev Now About the midst the feast jesus went up to the temple and taught and they marvelled saying How knoweth this man letters having never learned He Said unto theme My Doctrine Is Not Mine but his that sent me , if any man will do his will he shall know of the doctrine whether it be Of God or whether i speak of myself He That Speaks Of Himself Seeks His Own Glory But He That Seeks His Glory that sent him the same is true and no Unrightteousness is in him, did not moses give you the law and yet none of yas keep it anways... yes the churchs of today in a bad shape you come out of,em feeling worser than before you walked in to one
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-13-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life. You can get to Heaven only through Him. But Native Americans who never even heard about Him--nor could they have--didn't necessarily need to KNOW it was He who was saving them. Once one DOES know one is obligated but if through no fault of your own you just never learn, God's Justice would not send one to Hell. That's like creating someone JUST to send them to Hell, and that is evil, which God cannot be.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:37 AM   #4
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
all though some of theme have never know christ you will find that some of their beliefs and relgions and gods are simliar to the ways of christ, GOD made theme that way for his unique reasons i like to hear the storys and their beliefs COL. ch 1.15 For by HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED that are in heaven and that are in earth visble invisble thrones or dominions princcipalities or powers All things were created for him by him thats why i dont argue with the other half of christian socitey when they place everbody in hell
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 11-26-2005, 02:19 AM   #5
Ivan_Creed
USER INFO »
The church* is corrupted, and people must do it on a smaller scale - individually at least (not by organizing their own church/whatever). I don't want to go in a mile long post, but everyone must do what they feel is right.

*the phrase church is debatable, but it is in a general sence.