++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-06-2004, 12:28 PM   #61
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Well no offense to SCOTTSMYMAN, but I was bashing Stapp before Creed broke up. I don't know if you can find any of my posts here but I was saying for a long time prior to the breakup that Stapp had problems and I didn't like the persona he was giving off with all of his "bar fights" and other such public incidents. There always seemed to be a problem, and with his voice deteriorating over the years, he just wasn't the same as he was early on.

This is where I think you and I differ. You see I can bash Stapp or Tremonti or whoever else but still like the music. Just because I said Stapp has a poor character doesn't mean I don't like Creed's music or Stapp's solo music, or Alter Bridge's music. As has always been said from the begining worship the music, not the band members.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #62
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Signs) So by comparing what AB is doing to what Stapp is doing is constantly insulting to ANY Creed fan as Creed IS no longer together. And personally to me, the constant comparing of what either AB or Stapp have chosen to do IS insulting as it reflects that one of them is supposed to be better than another.
ahhh, but on the other hand, Stapp doing Creed songs, and especially in the manner in which he is so doing (singing poorly, w/ shitty backing bands, and being announced as "THE founding member of Creed" at the NASCAR awards) is insulting to me as a Creed fan.

Old 12-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #63
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Well no offense to SCOTTSMYMAN, but I was bashing Stapp before Creed broke up. I don't know if you can find any of my posts here but I was saying for a long time prior to the breakup that Stapp had problems and I didn't like the persona he was giving off with all of his "bar fights" and other such public incidents. There always seemed to be a problem, and with his voice deteriorating over the years, he just wasn't the same as he was early on.

This is where I think you and I differ. You see I can bash Stapp or Tremonti or whoever else but still like the music. Just because I said Stapp has a poor character doesn't mean I don't like Creed's music or Stapp's solo music, or Alter Bridge's music. As has always been said from the begining worship the music, not the band members.

I do worship the music! And yes, Scott had some trouble but all anyone seems to focus on anymore is all negative. He has done only one solo song so far and he has sang "Higher" at an award show and everybody is being pissy and hypocritical. Haven't given the guy much of a chance and most of you have made up your minds about his efforts. And Steve you don't bash Tremo! You never have if I can recall. You know what, what difference does it make.

SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME!!!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 12-06-2004, 04:18 PM   #64
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I haven't found a reason to bash Tremonti yet. If he gets in a bar room fight or something, I'll probably speak out about it. Until that time comes there's no reason for me to bash him.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-06-2004, 04:24 PM   #65
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Of course there's not reason to bash Tremo , cos he is not that kind of guy....he could be a selfish rich guitar rock star....but for all contrary he is a great person....a sweet, careful, nice, laid back guy...he's got all my respect...and he showed to me more than once....Tremo rocks...
Old 12-06-2004, 04:50 PM   #66
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Of course there's not reason to bash Tremo , cos he is not that kind of guy....he could be a selfish rich guitar rock star....but for all contrary he is a great person....a sweet, careful, nice, laid back guy...he's got all my respect...and he showed to me more than once....Tremo rocks...

Pedistles were made for falling off of...and from what i read, not only above, but in other posts, some have put Tremo (and the rest of AB) up there pretty high.

Unless you live with someone, or are around them 24/7...what you see is what THEY want you to see....will you be so accepting of Tremonti, or for that matter of any of them when they fall?

They will someday, ya know...'cause they are only human beings...just like the rest of us...all prone to making mistakes...we all do...

When that happens...will you all loose compassion for them as well. Will you be the same people that will pick apart everything AB would do, after their fall from grace comes to pass? Will you condemn any or all of their attempts at rebuilding after seeing them for their weaknesses after knowing their strengths for so long?...Will you turn on one another, because some will support them, while others will not?...

The answers to these questions have already happend once...and they will happen again...unless people remember that nobody's perfect...and that what each of you do to another...you also do to yourselves...doesn't matter if it is somebody you know, a stranger on the street...and in this instance...stapp...

This was something i had to say...take it for what it's worth...but at least i hope it made you think...
Old 12-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #67
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Of course they are like anyone of us...i agree completly...just that at least Tremo and the guys are not luying at radio stations and trying people think they are angels....like Stappp pretends everyone think about him...they live in the real world and get over the past....i don't think Stapp is doin' that.

And another thing...happen what happen and now for me have been almost 6 years... i will support Tremo and AB forever....
Old 12-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #68
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Pedistles were made for falling off of...and from what i read, not only above, but in other posts, some have put Tremo (and the rest of AB) up there pretty high.

Unless you live with someone, or are around them 24/7...what you see is what THEY want you to see....will you be so accepting of Tremonti, or for that matter of any of them when they fall?

They will someday, ya know...'cause they are only human beings...just like the rest of us...all prone to making mistakes...we all do...

When that happens...will you all loose compassion for them as well. Will you be the same people that will pick apart everything AB would do, after their fall from grace comes to pass? Will you condemn any or all of their attempts at rebuilding after seeing them for their weaknesses after knowing their strengths for so long?...Will you turn on one another, because some will support them, while others will not?...

The answers to these questions have already happend once...and they will happen again...unless people remember that nobody's perfect...and that what each of you do to another...you also do to yourselves...doesn't matter if it is somebody you know, a stranger on the street...and in this instance...stapp...

This was something i had to say...take it for what it's worth...but at least i hope it made you think...
1) That is so horribly ironic, I dont know what to say.....
2) Steve just answered, and I agree, the other guys simply havent done anything yet.
3) sounds like you speak from experience. If Stapp has fallen off of the pedastle so many people have put him on, why would you defend him? Why would you be so against AB?
I simply dont understand how it doesnt work both ways.
If AB had performed Creed songs, I'd be even more upset, because theyve already said they wouldnt. If they began to show the kind of misbehavior we have seen from Stapp in the last couple of years, I would loose respect for them. I wouldnt stand blindly by and just support them.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-06-2004, 06:16 PM   #69
Chase
USER INFO »
Jerry Cantrell performs Alice in Chains songs... and Velvet Revolver has performed "Sex Type Thing." Who cares? Why doesn't anyone crucify them? I, as a Creed fan, don't want Creed's music to be buried in a vault and locked up forever. It was the rest of the band's decision to ditch Stapp. Who cares if a Creed song or two is still alive? Read any promotion or review about Alter Bridge... each one will mention that it has 3 members of Creed. C'mon... if it wasn't for them being in Creed... they wouldn't be playing as many sold out shows as Alter Bridge. I really don't see what the big deal is? It's so easy for people to bash Stapp... give him a break... he's been through hell and back over the past couple of years.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #70
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Chase you are wasting your breath with these people because they don't give a shit. Scott is a human being but because he was in a rock band as big as Creed, made a few mistakes because of personal things, he is aloud to be ridiculed and demeaned. I keep forgetting how so many of you were there when all the mistakes he made and have the right to speak ill of him because you feel you know everything.

I can't wait for the day when Tremo and the rest of them fall of the pedestal you have all put them on. AlterBridge is soo great and this that and the other thing but if it wasn't for Creed they wouldn't even exist.

As far as any of your know Tremo is a nice guy and hasn't done anything wrong. I guess he is just better keeping it out of the paper!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 12-06-2004, 07:53 PM   #71
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN) Chase you are wasting your breath with these people because they don't give a shit. Scott is a human being but because he was in a rock band as big as Creed, made a few mistakes because of personal things, he is aloud to be ridiculed and demeaned. I keep forgetting how so many of you were there when all the mistakes he made and have the right to speak ill of him because you feel you know everything.

I can't wait for the day when Tremo and the rest of them fall of the pedestal you have all put them on. AlterBridge is soo great and this that and the other thing but if it wasn't for Creed they wouldn't even exist.

As far as any of your know Tremo is a nice guy and hasn't done anything wrong. I guess he is just better keeping it out of the paper!!

Jeez, you are bitter. It's really amazing that you actually hope the AB boys have something bad happen to them just to spite those of us who enjoy their music.

I find myself in both camps. I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp and wish them the best. And having said that, I feel free to say that supporters of both sides are obnoxious pricks and everyone needs to shut up and enjoy the music.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:53 PM   #72
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion)

Pedistles were made for falling off of...and from what i read, not only above, but in other posts, some have put Tremo (and the rest of AB) up there pretty high.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote: 1) That is so horribly ironic, I dont know what to say.....

but it appears you DID have something to say...

Quote: 2) Steve just answered, and I agree, the other guys simply havent done anything yet.

actually, i'm sure that there have been a lot of things that "fans" don't know about "the other guys"...and if they did...certain people would have a problem with.

Quote: 3) sounds like you speak from experience.

not necessairly...

Quote: If Stapp has fallen off of the pedastle so many people have put him on, why would you defend him?

personally, i've never held stapp to a pedistle....and if standing up for another human being, despite what qualities they put forward with the realiziation that none of us are perfect...then so be it.

Quote: Why would you be so against AB?

in all actuality...i have nothing against AB...always wished them the best of luck in their lives and professional endeavours...i haven't posted anything for quite some time in their reguard...

Quote: I simply dont understand how it doesnt work both ways.

ya know...that is something i've been wondering about myself from what i've been reading...it's getting "old"...and life's too short...isn't it?

Quote: If AB had performed Creed songs, I'd be even more upset, because theyve already said they wouldnt.

Does that mean that you would be upset because AB would be basically going back on their word...or just because they were singing Creed songs?...stapp never said he wouldn't incorporate Creed songs in his solo act...so i don't see a problem.

Quote: If they began to show the kind of misbehavior we have seen from Stapp in the last couple of years, I would loose respect for them.

You can loose respect for someone because they make mistakes...and if that is how you feel...so be it....

Quote: I wouldn't stand blindly by and just support them.

don't think anyone is blind in their support...but then again...everyone will see it differently.

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 12-06-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #73
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) Really? On the AB CD I bought there was a sticker that announced that 3 of the members of Alter Bridge were from Creed.

The keyword here is FROM. They are promoting themselves as AB. Not Creed. Everything with Scott is Scott Stapp Lead singer of Creed. Autographs are Scott Stapp Creed. AB signes AB.

There is the major difference in the promotion of themselves.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #74
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
People are really missing the point here. Why is it that we can't criticize a performance if it was not to our liking? It has nothing to do with Scott Stapp as a person, or his fricken image, for crying out loud. Bottom line is, some of the stuff he has done since the breakup has not been good. I haven't seen the NASCAR thing, but I heard Relearn Love, didn't like it, and I watched him sing God Bless America at the World Series, again, I didn't like it. It has nothing to do with *supporting him*. It has everything to do with how he performed, and I'm sorry, but in my opinion only, he did not perform well, at least not up to the standard I have seen him reach previously. So I'm a basher because his performances so far have dissatisfied me? Again, ridiculous.

With regard to AB, yes, I like what I have heard, so am I a non-supporter because I happen to like AB and a lot of the so-called Stapp supporters don't like AB? This is ridiculous. I am anxiously awaiting what the man will do solo-wise, and because AB is ahead of the game right now, I can only go by what Stapp has done to date. Right now, I'm not impressed. I agree with Steve that I think his voice has gone downhill. I'm thinking he did a lot of damage to it on the Weathered tour. There were a number of performances on that tour in which he sings off-key and is unable to hit the notes he typically hits. Unfortunately, that insane schedule did him in, voice-wise. I'm hoping it can recover enough for him to continue performing, if that's what he wants to do.

With regard to the promoting, I do agree he's hanging on to the past. I understand his having to mention that he's from Creed, that's marketing 101, but I'm sorry, the breakup is still too new for me to be hearing him sing Creed songs without the rest of Creed. I would be just as pissed off if AB did them. He should give it more time. Sorry, just my opinion.

And as I have said countless times before, Jerry Cantrell, STP, and the rest performed those songs from their respective bands after very long periods of inactivity from their old bands, years even. In Jerry's case, what he typically performed were songs in which he wrote the lyrics, instrumentation and melodies. Also, he sang Alice songs on which he was lead vox in AIC. It wasn't like he was trying to sing Love, Hate, Love or I Stay Away or Frogs, where the lead vocals were done originally by Layne Staley.

Sorry this is so long.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #75
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
lah lah lah lah lahhhhhhhhhhh lah lah lah

*sings "The Smurfs" theme song and moves to another thread*