++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 04-17-2004, 06:50 PM   #1
Saskane
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Kane

hi creedfans,

i'm a dutch creed fan... Besides Creed I like KANE. KANE is a dutch rockband and you have to hear this group!!!
Maybe I'd feel not so cold.
Damn those eyes...

KANE - Damn Those Eyes
Old 04-17-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
Welcome! You'll love it here, guaranteed.
Do you have a website for Kane? I'm always open to listening to new/obscure rock bands!

Old 04-17-2004, 11:08 PM   #3
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
I thought this thread was about the WWE wrestler.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:27 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
uh nope cant say that i have but my veins are always pumping for new music
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-17-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) uh nope cant say that i have but my veins are always pumping for new music

My veins are always pumping new music... NEW MARK TREMONTI MUSIC THAT IS!
Old 04-18-2004, 08:26 AM   #6
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
They're good... Sas is right!!! I've posted this a few months ago:

Don't know if it'll interest you but I like this dutch rockband called Intwine...
Their site is still under construction though... English is not yet available but you can go to Nederlands and then choose the mediasection... on the bottom right! There aren't any video's yet.. only audio and photo's of the band! They will get this week an award for the best dutch live-band! Hope you will take the effort to check them out! www.intwine.nl

The singer of the band took part of the Idols-auditions and get to the last 10... but he stepped out of it 'cause he wanted to write/produce/play his own music and not wanted to be a puppet of that whole Idol-hype. Their first CD was released in October 2003... You can hear a part of all the songs on that album in the mediasection! I think they're not that bad JMO...

Another favourite artist of mine is a dutch female rock-artist her name is Anouk... www.anouk.nl

and the last one is the rockband Kane... a review :

Kane What If
(RCA,2003)

Producer: Dinand Woesthoff & Michael Schoots
Style: Modern rock (soft)
Format: Album
Reviewed by: Pär
I saw Kane opening for The Calling a few years ago and I remember thinking that they where really damn good even if they didn’t have that much own identity and attitude. Still, their latest album was a good journey, but and that is a big fuckin but, the new album is something completely different. This is one of the best albums of 2003. Probably top 10, but we’ll see when we sum it up in January what position it will take. The opening track “Rain Down On Me” is completely melodic ecstasy, and it just goes on. Third out – the bombastic masterpiece “Damn Those Eyes” with a slow start and as I said bombastic end with a symphonic orchestra is easily the best track of 2003. A track I can listen to 10 times in a row without getting one percent tired. What a HELLUVA tune!!! And what a HELLUVA production!!! Marvellous. Fourth out “So Glad You Made It” is the missing link between U2 and modern guitar-orientated rock, and fifth out “Can You Handle Me” sounds like a tougher mix between Blessid Union Of Souls and Gun. All with a perfect refrain. Phew. And yes, there are more… The ballad “Let It Be” is beautiful and proofs how great voice Dinand Woesthoff has and “Head Down” starts out quite slow and ends up in a AOR-esque modern rock madness. Well all songs are good – so I don’t ned to sit here and write more superlatives… Buy a copy today folks. Nothing else matters. The band is from Holland so you will not find it in all stores around the globe. And if you’re lucky, you’ll get the limited edition with a free DVD included, where Kane plays live and proof how good they’re on that as well. Hallelujah. I’m in love.

Related Albums
Roller - Impossibly real
(Key,2003)
Mayer, John - Room for squares
(2001)
Longwave - The strangest things
(RCA,2003)
Emmet swimming - Big Night Without You

Jeremy Camp - Stay
(BEC Recordings,2002)

Comment by FunkOdyssey at 2004-01-09 09:51:58
My rating:**********
-I agree with peabody, ALAYWT is the best album, but the best song is waiting, Waiting (on that album of course) It was the first album i bought in my life and still it is the best!! U just gotta get it, but to get to know the band What If is also a nice album.

Comment by peabody at 2003-12-05 02:03:09
My rating:*****
-This is not the best Kane cd. Not even close... Their best album is their first one, which is called As Long As You Want This... and songs like Damn Those Eyes and Can You Handle Me are on that one to, because What If is just a sort of best of cd especially released for the international market. And I can understand that. But to me its the least album because of the smooth and cold production which made the songs less alive... So if you want to hear Kane at their best you should buy ALAYWT, where other excellent songs like Not here, Rescue Me, Untill Nothing Else Matters, Just Go, My Hearts Desire and Taurus will blow your mind!

...and another review:

Kane
So glad you made it
(BMG,2002)

Producer:
Style: Modern rock
Format:
Reviewed by: Wippsson
Kane opened for The Calling on a concert earlier this year and was my first meeting with the band. These guys from the Netherlands really rocked that night and got the normally hard flirted Swedish modern rock crowd “quite” wild. With their hook filled modern rock they impressed me, so I picked up their nine song album on a second hand store when I had the opportunity. If I’m gonna compare them with some bands and will say that they sounds like Mad at gravity mixed up with a portion of Train. Guitar based rock with a soulful touch all over packed with some own identity, which makes them a pleasant act. Best tracks are the forth out “Rain Down On Me”, which is great faster history such as the power groovy “Free”, which was a great live song. Those tow tracks stands out and shows their tougher side. But they also handles the softer side nice with emotional filled songs, which is a quality proof. Overall “So glad you made it.” isn’t an album that you have to run your legs of to find. But if you finds it like I did or if you have the chance to see them, they’re really worth it. At last I wanna say that it’s great to hear bands that doesn’t comes from the standard countries.

Related Albums
Seven Places - Lonely for the last time
(Bec,2003)
Lustre - An explanation for my behaviour
(self released,2003)
Love 45 - The Seattle Sessions E.P
(Love 45,2003)
Incubus - Morning view
(2001)
Curtis Stephan - Through The Storm
(Razed Records,2002)

I hope you like a bit of this stuff...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God

Last edited by WeatheredWoman : 04-18-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
At least it's better than The D.. ..arkness!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 04-19-2004, 03:36 PM   #8
Saskane
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) At least it's better than The D.. ..arkness!

the darkness.... I hate them...!!!!

You can find kane on the web here:
www.kane.nl (official site)
www.cyberkane.nl
www.kane-el.nl

so go and check it outttttt!!!!
Maybe I'd feel not so cold.
Damn those eyes...

KANE - Damn Those Eyes