++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
metalchris25
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It's about time....

Metallica have more than two dozen song ideas ready for the follow-up to 2003's "St. Anger", which they expect begin recording next month for a late summer/fall release via Warner Bros. The CD is being produced by Rick Rubin, who has previously worked with Audioslave, Slayer, Slipknot, System Of A Down, And Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Metallica released its first-ever collection of all its music videos, called "The Videos 1989-2004", on Tuesday, December 5. The DVD contains all 21 of the band's videos, from 1989's "One" to 2003's "Some Kind of Monster", along with a few bonus features. The DVD also features alternate versions of the "One" and "The Unforgiven" clips, as well as the trailer for the band's 2005 documentary, "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster". A trailer for "The Videos 1989-2004" can be viewed at YouTube.com.

Metallica is sponsoring a contest in conjunction with the DVD release in which the winner and a friend will get a chance to hang out with the band at its San Francisco headquarters. More info can be found at Metallica.com.

An autographed promotional copy of Metallica's 1983 debut album, "Kill 'em All", was recently sold on eBay for $1,476. The record was signed by all four band members at the time, including late bassist Cliff Burton.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
GrafiTTied
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to GrafiTTied Send a message via Yahoo to GrafiTTied
Re: It's about time....

i was just wondering what thery were upto lately.........
Old 12-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Rick Rubin is a GENIUS(imo) I'm hoping he will produce an Alter Bridge cd at some point.

-Homer Simpson

Old 12-09-2006, 02:00 AM   #4
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »

Dont think it will matter whether Rubin is producing or not, they are well past it IMO. Hetfield voice is shot and after the mess of St Anger I wont be expecting much. Probably heard this 1000 times before but they will never top or get even close to their first 4 albums. Would love them to come out with something decent though.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 12-09-2006, 05:03 AM   #5
inside_us_all04
USER INFO »

know im gunna get boo'd but hell man i thought st anger rocked, its my 2nd fav disk of theirs nexct to the black album
Old 12-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I liked St. Anger as well, though not all of it. I'm looking forward to the new release. I still have hope .
Old 12-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #7
bilal
USER INFO »

^ yes me too, and as some previous posts suggested, the album is gona be having more explicit work of Kirck Hammet in the Guitar Solo department..... so that is always gona be interesting to see
Old 12-11-2006, 06:33 AM   #8
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Yes, we will see the return of solos, thank God, and I hope this album is better than St Anger/it had some good tunes on it, but it just wasn't Metallica-good. I dont believe the guys or Rubin are gonna disappoint us.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Just a little more info on the new stuff. Basically already been said, but here you are anyway:

Metallica is tentatively scheduled to enter the studio this month and begin recording the follow-up to 2003's "St. Anger". Although the band spent most of 2006 writing the new record and will spend a good part of early 2007 laying it down, drummer Lars Ulrich told Launch Radio Networks that he doesn't feel the process is taking any longer than usual. "I don't think it's taking a particularly longer time than it has, it's just that the work is spread out," he said. "The days of 16-hour studio days and six days a week, that's not really happening. We sort of come down here at, you know, nine in the morning and then we sit and work 'til we have to go pick the kids up, or 'til somebody has to go to the dentist or something, you know (laughs)."

Ulrich recently told Launch that Metallica has written about 25 songs for its ninth studio effort and will trim that down to one album's worth of material.

Referring to the controversial, low-fi production on 2003's "St. Anger", Ulrich said that he's "taken the drums out of the cardboard boxes" this time, and that lead guitarist Kirk Hammett will have guitar solos on this record.

The new disc will be produced by Rick Rubin and is expected out by late 2007.

Ulrich and actress Connie Nielsen are expecting their first child together after dating for two years. The baby is due early next summer.

Thanks for the info to Blabbermouth.net