++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #31
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sounds like you had a killer time at that show, Karen. I've only heard of PLC because you've mentioned them. I'll have to check them out. Oh, and ramble as much as you like, we totally understand!

I LOVE that site. It's where I got most of my pics of Maynard.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 03-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #32
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Are they playing with anyone or just solo? Do they have a web site? The Tool guys DO indeed kick azzzzz. I wish Adam Jones was ripping it up somewhere, too. He is awesome on the geetar!
Major bummer about the drumstick! You'll just have to get Josh's at APC . He's pretty bad-ass on the kit as well .

They are just doing a hand full of shows here in the Midwest...just solo...their web-site is pigmylovecircus.com...I sooo agree with you about Adam too...Is it fair? that ONE band, has it ALL!! To me, the greatest singer, drummer and guitarist!! EVER!!! Believe me, I will be flying all over the floors in NY and NJ to get band stuff from those guys!! Especially want Maynards water bottle!! Did you hear what happened to Josh?? I read on the APC board that he broke his foot the other day, I'm thinking it was Monday, they still played, but he had to used his left foot to play!! Poor Guy!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 03-24-2004, 06:45 PM   #33
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OMG, no, I didn't hear about Josh!! Wow, that sucks! I wonder how he did that? Hey, btw, the tickets for Rochester came, and somehow we got these early entry passes. I have no idea what this means, but we get to go in at 6:30. Maybe it means a prime spot on the rail? I'm going to call closer to the show and find out what that means .
Old 03-25-2004, 12:18 AM   #34
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) OMG, no, I didn't hear about Josh!! Wow, that sucks! I wonder how he did that? Hey, btw, the tickets for Rochester came, and somehow we got these early entry passes. I have no idea what this means, but we get to go in at 6:30. Maybe it means a prime spot on the rail? I'm going to call closer to the show and find out what that means .
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen soooo many of those tix on e-bay, with the early entrance!!! And thinking, "Damn, I want that!!!" And WE GET IT!!! I'm sure it means you get in earlier than the general public? It's got to mean something *good* This is sooooooooo going to f*ckin" ROCK!!!! God, can April get here any SLOWER!!! Kerri, you ARE a flippen' Goddess!!! I wonder how many of the early entry they give out? I guess WE'LL find out!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 03-25-2004, 01:44 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I'm guessing (I can't remember) but I think you had to be in the first 100 people to order tix or something. If that's the case, our azzes will be on that rail, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sooooo can't WAIT...And then we get Camden the next day...and Linda and I will be in Cincy the week before. HURRY UP, APRIL!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:36 PM   #36
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
UMM.... Hello, I might not be in the pit with you guys, but I will be front row at Camden!! I am sooo looking forward to trying to hook up with you guys and Linda maybe after the show so we can drool and sigh for just a little while longer!! I'll be on a concert high and won't even get the chance to come down when I hit the PNC show again on Saturday. My seats are gonna suck but I don't care because I get to enjoy it all over again in a matter of 3 days. This is a big deal for me. My last live show was Creed on NYE!! Yes, it was over a year ago. Yeah, I know I'm lame but I have small children so I don't get to enjoy concerts as much. Plus, money always comes into play! This year it was a gift from my hubby for me to go to both shows. He knew how bad I really wanted to go and when he saw we had crappy seats for PNC , he let me shop e-bay and get front row seats for Camden. I wanted to be in the pit but he didn't so, I sacrificed just so I would be able to go. I don't think front row is to shabby anyways!! Just as long as I can see Maynard move I just need a live music fix sooooo bad!!

Kiss away night
Old 03-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Kris, first row will be GREAT. Linda and I were 10 or 12 rows from the pit for Lollapalooza and the seats were GREAT in Camden. Don't worry, you KNOW we will hook up. ABSOFRICKENLUTELY!!! Luvscott and I will be on a concert high as well because we are seeing them the night before in Rochester, N.Y. !!! We'll be damn tired, too, but I know I will be running on adrenaline in a huge way, so I'm not worried, hehehe. And I'm on fricken vacation, so how bad can that be??? We are going to have a fricken BLAST, girl. April can't get here soon enough!!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #38
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
God, you guys are gonna be dragging. You have to drive all the way from Ny to Jersey!!!???? You guys will be going on sheer adrenaline. When you both get to Vegas, you'll probably fall over. If not you'll both do it as soon as you get home.

Kiss away night
Old 03-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #39
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I'll fall over when I get home from Vegas!! We all know that having seen Maynard, can keep a girl up and alive for DAYS!!! And driving back from NY, we'll be knowing that we'll be seeing our *Man* again, so that will in itself keep us pumped!! And then we'll get to see you girls there, Kris and Linda! Can't ask for a better day!! We'll atleast have that Wednesday to re-coop too!! Like Kerri said: "Is it April Yet??!!!! Well thankfully, ALMOST!! Four weeks from today.....I'LL BE IN PHILLY!!!! YAY!!!!!

Old 03-28-2004, 05:02 PM   #40
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wooo-hooooooooooooooooooooooo, and I can't WAIT for you to get here...We're all going to have such a BLAST!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:56 PM   #41
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
bands such as Tool and Dream Theatre have some of the best musos ever in their respesctive positions but I think the songwriting in APC is far better and we get to hear Maynard really show us his great set of lungs.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:59 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think it's really hard to say which one is better when it comes to Tool/APC. I don't know, I like equally and find the intensity and emotion in the writing in both to be excellent. I do agree that I like hearing Maynard's vocals more prominently displayed in APC, but man, can that guy growl/scream when it's needed! Plus, I love Adam Jones' guitar playing, but Billy Howerdel also is excellent.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:36 AM   #43
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by luvscott4ever) I'll fall over when I get home from Vegas!! We all know that having seen Maynard, can keep a girl up and alive for DAYS!!! And driving back from NY, we'll be knowing that we'll be seeing our *Man* again, so that will in itself keep us pumped!! And then we'll get to see you girls there, Kris and Linda! Can't ask for a better day!! We'll atleast have that Wednesday to re-coop too!! Like Kerri said: "Is it April Yet??!!!! Well thankfully, ALMOST!! Four weeks from today.....I'LL BE IN PHILLY!!!! YAY!!!!!
Can't get here soon enough, right Karen!!???? I can not wait for April. Then I also get to see him 3 days later at PNC!!! While you guys are in Vegas, I'll be watching him again!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) bands such as Tool and Dream Theatre have some of the best musos ever in their respesctive positions but I think the songwriting in APC is far better and we get to hear Maynard really show us his great set of lungs.
I have to agree with Dogstar here. I love both bands equally. Even though I have to admit, it's been awhile since I actually sat down to listen to Tool( my hubby loves'em) You do get to enjoy Maynard's range a little bit better with APC but I feel he is just as strong when he is with Tool.

Kiss away night
Old 03-29-2004, 09:27 AM   #44
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
you can't sit down and listen to a Tool album with the ease that you can with APC. APC is much more accessible and the songwriting is better, although Tool's muscianship is out of this world. You could make a case that they have the strongest person in each spot in rock. But IMO it doesn't matter how good a musician you are if the songwriting isn't there. Not saying the songwriting is bad, but APC is much better.

With APC we now get to appreciate Maynard's vocals a lot more and he shows his fantastic range. I was already impressed pre-APC but even more so now. Not only is a fantastic growler/screamer but he can really sing with the very best of them. Add to that he is one of the best lyrcrists in the world. He would have to be one of the best singers in the business, although I do wish at times he wasen't so reserved but it does add to the mystique.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:49 PM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hmm, I disagree with your first comment. I can definitely sit down and listen to a Tool album with ease. In fact, lately I can't get enough of Undertow (OK, minus that last song, which is one of Maynard's few artistic mistakes) and Lateralus. When you refer to the songwriting, do you mean the lyrics or the music part or both? I really find both bands different musically, and equally appealing, but that's just me . I don't think he's reserved with APC, either. I think his singing is quite intense, but in a less loud way than Tool, for example. It's more under the surface than reserved. I really feel the emotion in his voice and I think it fits the music perfectly.