++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-20-2004, 01:35 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Anthony Keidis-Scar Tissue An Autobiography

A Sneak Peak at Anthony's Scar Tissue

Red Hot Chili Peppers' singer anthony Kiedis' long awaited autbiography, "Scar Tissue", is already available for preorder now.
Reviews say: "As lead singer and songwriter for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthony Kiedis has lived life on the razor's edge. So much has been written about him, but until now, we've only had Kiedis's songs as clues to his experience from the inside. In Scar Tissue, Kiedis proves himself to be as compelling a memoirist as he is a lyricist, giving us a searingly honest account of the life from which his music has evolved... In Scar Tissue, Anthony Kiedis defies the rock star clichés. In his telling, we can see everything he has done has been part of a passionate journey. Kiedis is a man "in love with everything" -- the darkness, the death, the disease. Even his descent into drug addition was a part of that journey, another element that he has transformed into art."

A sneak preview exerpt from the book in Anthony's own words reads:

"One day I showed up to rehearsal and Jack and Hillel and Flea, who probably loved me more than any three guys on earth, said, "Anthony, we're kicking you out of the band. We want to play music and you obviously don't, so you have to go. We're going to get a different singer and we're going to go on so you're out of here.
I had a brief moment of clarity where I realized that they had every right in the world to fire me. It was really an obvious move, like cutting off your damn foot because it was gangrened so that the rest of your body wouldn't die. I just wanted to be remembered and acknowledged for those two or three years that I had been in the Red Hot Chili Peppers as a founding member, a guy who started something, a guy who made two records, and whatever else would come after that, that was theirs. Part of me was very genuine in letting go of the band. But part of what made it so easy for me to accept was that now I knew I had zero responsibilities and I could just go off with Kim and get loaded.
Much to their amazement I just shrugged and said, "You guys are right. I apologize for not contributing what I should have been contributing this whole time. It's a crying shame, but I understand completely and I wish you guys the best of luck."
( Excerpted from Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis. Copyright © 2004. Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.)

man he didn't really give a stuff back then, in a way i think the other members are much more talented then anthony is but is a good entertainer, i will give him that.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-20-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Huh. Neat. I'll have to check it out when it's finished.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"