++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #1
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ON THE RAIL- Help plz

OK - from someone who has ZERO experience with having any kind of decent seats for any concert in her life (ME) - I need a detailed explaination about how to get on the rail. I mean how do I buy my tickets, how much should I expect to pay for them, when do I arrive at the venue, how do I beat all the pretty, scantily dressed women to the front... just everything one would need to know to make it to the rail.

I started my CREED TOUR change jar today - I am saving all my silver change to pay for my next ticket - Now I need a plan!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 10-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Jez
USER INFO »
Jules....you hve a long time to wait until you're going to need this kind of plan! :lol:

Creed~~Bullets
Old 10-08-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
Julbright
USER INFO »
That's OK - I still want to know - I like to plan ahead - way ahead - plus I am just curious about it....
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 10-08-2003, 11:18 AM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
Rail tickets are sometimes hard to come by. Anyways you get FLOOR tickets and it is a first come first serve basis. You get there as early as you can stand it. I was on the rail 3 times and I have waited as long as 8 hours to get even in the doors. You make friends with the security people LOL..... and when you go through the detectors you run like hell to your post and DON'T MOVE!!!! You have to not leave, which means go to the Bathroom way ahead of time and don't drink anything while you are there! Wear comfortable shoes, and know the stage set up so you know what area to run to when the doors open. It can become a real push and shove kind of thing as well, I have gone home with bruises and still have a scar from one pit experience for CREED. I like the cat walk, but most people run to get right in front of Mark, because that is usually where all the action is. The cat walk is good because all of them come down it and Scott spends a lot of time on it! Usually the skanky girls are not in front, they are too prissy to run and don't want to mess up their hair But they ALWAYS want to try and get up and smooz thier way to the front. This is why I have a scar, she did not get in the front! LOL

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 10-08-2003, 11:30 AM   #5
Blaize
USER INFO »
Jen pretty much said it all.....Buy a General Admission ticket, go stand in line as long as you can stand it, get an idea of the stage set up, make friends with security, and when they open the doors, run like hell and claim your spot on the rail. Oh and be prepared for all the pushing and shoving that WILL go on behind you because people like to push to get up front...Stand your ground lol....
Old 10-08-2003, 11:55 AM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
They pretty much said it all. Very important to make friends with the guards and have an idea of the layout of the stage so you know exactly in which direction you'll need to run. Get to the venue as early as possible. For the NYE show, Dogstar got to the Spectrum at 6:00 a.m. and there were already 4 or 5 people there. When we were in Ft. Wayne last November we got to the venue at 7:00 a.m. and we were first in line. The early bird gets the rail. Stop drinking a few hours before the doors open and empty your bladder as often as you can before you go in. And they are right, be prepared for the pushing and shoving, it can get nasty. Philly wasn't actually that bad, we had breathing room. But Ft. Wayne was just vicious with the crowd all pressing to be 2 inches closer to the stage. We came out of that place as flat as pancakes. But it is all most definitely worth it!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #7
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
yeah
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 10-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #8
Julbright
USER INFO »
Ok- so if I didn't understand the whole eye contact thing - this wouldn't sound like much fun at all! Bruises?? Scars??? Running and pushing and flat as pancakes???? Stop drinking when they open the doors????? No potty for hours and hours?????? I am going to have to think long and hard about deciding to try for the rail - I don't know if I have what it takes to make it there!!!!! you are all my heros!!!! Can't I just make like a huge donation to WAWOF and get VIP passes and meet them after the show- wouldn't that be easier - I am poor and have no money but I would almost rather sacrifice $$ than my personal safety and be a sardine!
Give me eyes of a child

Old 10-08-2003, 02:04 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OMG, don't give a second thought. It is ALL WORTH IT, Julbright! The adrenaline rush is incredible! I've been on the rail for Creed three times and for Jerry Cantrell twice. At the Jerry show in Philly, the surge was so intense, I bruised my knees trying to keep my place in front of Jerry! And I did...I used my elbows a lot, LOL! It can get rough, but boy, there is NOTHING like being that close. I've seen Creed from the rail and from afar, and the rail RULES by far!
Old 10-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
LOL..... The rail is SERIOUS business, remember there are tons of people just as crazy of fans as you and want that spot! You can't fool around, you must have a plan. The couple of times I went I went with different friends, one was 7 months pregnant at the time, and one was older than me, and She could not keep up with my mad sprint to the stage, so I saved a spot for her. The one time I had to literally run over a mile to get to the stage, this was an outside venue and they checked you in way out in the parking lot and I studied the stage map and had a serious plan and ran like I never had before:lol: I had a mission and that was to get that eye contact I had the week before with Scott AGAIN!!!! The adreneline came over me like nothing else before!!! The bruises well, I had some problems with these bimbos who wanted my spot on the rail because it was so damn good and Scott came there alot. They weezled thier way to the front and I was not backing down and they started to shove me. I said to them "better knock it off" and they persisited and kept on nagging me. The one purposely stepped on my heels and I took my leather heel of my shoes and nailed her in the shin, she got the message then The hell you have to endure to get to that spot ....... believe me you will not give it up without a fight!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 10-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #11
Julbright
USER INFO »
Gosh this makes me want to run back over to the Encouragement and Motivation thread even faster and get myself if shape - if I am going to have to hold my own in this fashion, I need to be in tip top shape!!! You guys are too funny - thanks for indulging me and sharing your rail stories - how fun!
Give me eyes of a child

Old 10-08-2003, 07:09 PM   #12
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It's all in the planning, Julie. If you know the layout of the stage, you get to the venue as early as possible and you and your rail-buddies all stick together and run like hell as soon as the doors open, you will get the prime spot, in front of Mark. Don't wear heels, wear very comfortable clothes (don't worry about trying to make a fashion statement, it's all about the comfort).

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-08-2003, 07:19 PM   #13
Sheila63
USER INFO »
This is all great info for me too because I'm with you Julie, during the next tour I want to be on the rail. Thank you all of your stories and advice. I'm still hoping that as many of us as possible can get together and go to at least one concert together.

Relearn Love
Old 10-08-2003, 07:33 PM   #14
JenRN
USER INFO »
Good advice Teri on wearing comfortable shoes, I did not at a couple and paid for it dearly! They do notice what you have on though, some people wore specific sports shirts and they winked at them or gave them the thumbs up. I did notice a lot of cameras (big video cameras) going around in the pit at 2 shows, it was weird.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 10-08-2003, 07:44 PM   #15
creedchick02
USER INFO »
When all is said and done...NOTHING BUT NOTHING...beats being at the rail, you can read all the discriptions all you want, it is all that and more, you don't care about the wait, the tix prices the hasstle, It is all worth it...
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020