++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-11-2003, 08:56 AM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Remembering September 11, 2001

My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones on this day two years ago. May those who were directly affected feel a peace on this day and the healing process continue. I am proud to be an American then and now, may God Bless America and the world always. Thank you to those who daily protect this incredible country, the police men to the firefighters to the soldiers you have my continous RESPECT!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-11-2003, 10:18 AM   #2
tupelocreedfan
USER INFO »
I agree with you Jen. This day is so significant for me in so many ways. My son, Zack, was born at 6:28 am on 9/11/01.
After I delivered, we got into our room in postpartum at exactly 8:30am and the TV was on and the 2nd plane hit as I was moving over from the stretcher to the bed. We couldn't believe it.
it was so unreal. It was the best and the worst day in my life. We were so blessed to have a healthy baby, and at the same time, people were losing so many fathers, husbands, wives, mothers, and children. It wasn't until later in the day that we really thought about the significance of Zack's birthday. Ten years from
now he will read about it in his history book at school. I almost want to cry now just remembering it. I'm sure I will before the day is over. Sorry to go on ,I just felt like sharing our experience on that day with the board. Zack was our light on that dark day, and he is the light of my life.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:31 AM   #3
Marty
USER INFO »
I've always said, when one goes out, another comes in. For every man/woman who dies, a baby is born to replace them. Not that I believe in recarnation, but I think it gives us hope.

God Bless America.
________
Park Royal 1 Pattaya

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:16 AM   #4
Weathered
USER INFO »
i didnt lose anyone 2 years ago...but it still affected me a lot just b/c of everything that happened....also...my girlfriends uncle is a firefighter in NYC and he was there that day...3 or 4 years ago he said that one day those towers are going to fall over b/c they were so unsturdy
Old 09-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #5
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
My heart goes out to everyone who lost loved ones in the towers on 9/11. I hope that you can find comfort and hope at this time. I commend all of the firefighters and policemen that lost their lives/survived this May God Bless You!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by tupelocreedfan
I agree with you Jen. This day is so significant for me in so many ways. My son, Zack, was born at 6:28 am on 9/11/01.  
After I delivered, we got into our room in postpartum at exactly 8:30am and the TV was on and the 2nd plane hit as I was moving over from the stretcher to the bed. We couldn't believe it.
it was so unreal. It was the best and the worst day in my life. We were so blessed to have a healthy baby, and at the same time, people were losing so many fathers, husbands, wives, mothers, and children. It wasn't until later in the day that we really thought about the significance of Zack's birthday. Ten years from
now he will read about it in his history book at school. I almost want to cry now just remembering it. I'm sure I will before the day is over. Sorry to go on ,I just felt like sharing our experience on that day with the board. Zack was our light on that dark day, and he is the light of my life.

WOW.... how special. I can't imagine how that day affected you. What an angel your son is, he was a huge glimmer of hope on the darkest day in our history

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-11-2003, 12:04 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Amen, Jen. I couldn't have said it better myself. My sympathies and prayers go to all who lost loved ones and friends on that dark day.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:50 PM   #8
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Re: Remembering September 11, 2001

Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones on this day two years ago. May those who were directly affected feel a peace on this day and the healing process continue.  I am proud to be an American then and now, may God Bless America and the world always.  Thank you to those who daily protect this incredible country,  the police men to the firefighters to the soldiers you have my continous RESPECT!

Very well said, Jen. I feel the same way.

And tupelocreedfan, what a day of mixed emotions for you. I can only imagine.

I have two coworkers that lost a family member that day so my thoughts and prayers are with them today as well. I had kind of a bittersweet experience myself that morning. I was at work and called my parents to see if they heard what was happening. My dad picked up the phone and I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was extremely upset and he just broke down and started crying. I've only seen/heard him break down like that two other times in my life and soon I was in tears as well. I'm sharing this here because although it was very sad, it also brought my dad and I a little closer together. Since then, I have noticed changes in him and between us. So out of the horrific tragedy of that day, some positive things came out of it for me.

Relearn Love
Old 09-11-2003, 12:59 PM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Aww! Sheila, I am very happy for you that this whole thing brought you closer to your Dad That is what times like that are for, bringing people together. Its good that a tragedy brought some good
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-11-2003, 01:27 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Sheila I am glad to hear that something so tragic had some positive impact on you. You are a very special person, your dad is lucky to have you! It put so many things into perspective for me that day, I know the impact on us all is different. I was at work that day and watched it all unfold on TV, when the plane hit the Pentagon we were on code red alert, nurses and doctors and essential personnel were not allowed to leave that day. Seeing that the Pentagon is 30 miles from my work, it set a fear in me like nothing ever before. I felt a STRONG desire to help out on that day, after our shift was allowed to go home, I immediately got online and became a Red Cross volunteer as a nurse. I felt compelled to do something that very moment. I cried for days after watching it all on TV, it changed me forever!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-11-2003, 02:54 PM   #11
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
tupelocreedfan what a day that must of been for you. You had a very special on this day!

I still remember this day as it were yesterday. I was pregnant with Sara and I was taking a nap. I was about 6 months pregnant and my husband came in and woke me up to tell me that the twin towers had just been hit. I almost didn't believe him. I just sat there with tears coming down my face in shock of what had just happened in NYC! I called my mom and she couldn't even talk!

God Bless to all those who are still grieving from this tragedy! My heart is with you today!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 09-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm truly sorry for the innocents who perished that day, and for the families that were broken.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #13
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thank you so much for your kind words, Julie and Jen. I understand exactly what you're talking about, Jen when you said you had a STRONG desire to help out because I did too. I even looked into going to NYC with some people from work to help volunteer but it didn't work out.

Relearn Love
Old 09-11-2003, 05:43 PM   #14
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Your Welcome Sheila:P
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 09-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #15
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Well it was really bad Thing ....Really For All The babies That were Victims....God Bless There Little Hearts...But Im Not ashamed To Say At The Time It Happenend....I Wished I Was In It.....Praise God...But Good Did Come Out Of It....People Seem To Unite Care About Each Other More.......Why Does It Take...A Tragedy To Happen For People Just To Relalise To Put Love In There Hearts For Each Other Its A Lesson That seems Like will Never Be Learned.....