++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-21-2003, 10:43 PM   #1
weezer17
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed advance news from Chicago Sun Times

I just saw on Fox News Chicago, that in the Sun Times Paper tomorrow there is an article about how some fans in Chicago have filed a lawsuit against Creed for the concert they did here back in December. I'll post anything else I find out, if it hasnt been posted already.

Kevin
Old 04-22-2003, 12:02 AM   #2
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Whoa! Really? Yes please post if you find out anything! That sucks
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-22-2003, 12:06 AM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
"fans"
Old 04-22-2003, 12:22 AM   #4
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh, wait, wait,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What are they suing for? You whacky Americans and your frivilous lawsuits... Boo fucking hoo, I didn't enjoy my concert. I know! I'll lawyer the fuck out of them!
Old 04-22-2003, 03:06 AM   #5
hide_tremonti
USER INFO »
From CreedLounge.com
Quote:
News Update for April 21, 2003 - Fans have launched a class action suit against Creed. As reported on WGN tonight, a class action suit has been filed against Creed for $2 million for their show in Chicago on December 29, 2002, claiming that Stapp was too high or drunk to remember lyrics.

Old 04-22-2003, 07:22 AM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>"fans" </b>

I just had the same thought after reading that!!

I can't believe it! :madder:

Relearn Love
Old 04-22-2003, 08:11 AM   #7
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
$2 Million? Hahaha. Maybe if they sued for their $50 back it'd be fair. But how can they possibly make 2 million? Did Stapp in his drunken/drugged haze murder their first born?

I don't think this can be taken seriously at all.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:46 AM   #8
Marty
USER INFO »
To quote Red Foreman, "DUMBASSES!"

Of course I like this one:
"Eric, I thought I told you to wash up for dinner. I know! Its hard hearing me when your head is up your ass!"
________
How to roll a blunt

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:07 AM   #9
marlsy
USER INFO »
that is just unfricking unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor guys............Stapp must really feel like an idiot now. I can't believe someone would actually sue, what assholes!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:15 AM   #10
Yvonne
USER INFO »
Okay, here we go AGAIN!!!!!

Yes, it's true. I heard on the news this morning and on Mancow's morning madhouse that a class action suit has been filed in the circuit court here in Chicago. Not a lot of details tho, but I believe the suit is against Stapp personally and not the entire band.

My question is why wait so long, the concert was in December, it's now APRIL!!!!!!!!!

I was there for the performance back in December and it was not a pretty sight. It was like watching a friend go into total melt down and there was nothing I could do.....so I started praying.

If I were doing a presentation for my job and I was so out of it and passed out and forgot what the heck I was talking about, would I have been fired? YES!!!!!! Doing concerts is a part of the bands job, perhaps they should have cancelled the concert, or maybe even did another one for free at a later date, I think that would have appeased all the fans who were soooooo upset. But those are the chances you take when going to a concert, you might not like the damn show. Same with going to a movie, gee whiz I wish I could sue the writer, producer and director for the movie "Charlie's Angels" and a couple of more movies that absolutely SUCKED!!! Again those are the chances you take.

Again my question is, why did it take so long for someone to decided they wanted to sue????? Personally I'd forgotten all about the show, I've been busy with MY LIFE, that concert has not affected me one way or another, so why are these people broading over something that happened almost 5 months ago? This is absolutely insane. No, Stapp shouldn't have been drunk, over-medicated, upset.....whatever, but sometimes shit happens.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:42 AM   #11
Marty
USER INFO »
America is sue happy. I'd like to kick everyone of those sue-happy people in the ass everytime they opened their mouth saying "sue" or "lawyer".

I'll repeat my last statement, DUMBASSES!!!!
________
Mflb review

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:08 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Old 04-22-2003, 12:14 PM   #13
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by marlsy
that is just unfricking &nbsp;unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! &nbsp;Poor guys............Stapp must really feel like an idiot now. &nbsp;I can't believe someone would actually sue, what assholes!!!!!!

I know, I really feel bad for them, but especially Scott. I totally understand the fans being upset. I would have been too, then I would have been concerned because nothing like that has every happened before at one of their shows so, IMO, something pretty heavy must have been going one for it to have happened. I know some of will probably disagree but it's the way I feel.

Relearn Love
Old 04-22-2003, 12:46 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Unbelievable. I cannot even grasp this concept. I mean seriously. I am at a loss for words. Freakin' idiots man. I will just have to comment later.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:01 PM   #15
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I was searching to see if I could find more about the lawsuit on the internet. I could not as of yet, but I found several other things that popped up that were kind of interesting. This is a comment made by Scott when the whole Napster thing was going down. The other thing I found was the lawsuit from Brian which I will post in a sec.

Here is the Napster comment:

"Everyone I know is excited about all the possibilities the Internet has to offer. As a musician, the Internet has made it possible for me to share my music with people that could have never been reached by conventional methods. It has been taboo for artists to speak out concerning the business side of their music. The fear has been that the buying public, as well as other artists, would perceive this concern as greed, and that the artists' sole purpose for creating was the money. This perception has silenced many artists concerning MP3 and Napster. The silence must end. As a child I created music to express my inner thoughts and feelings, and that purity has stayed with me throughout. The day I decided to share my music with the world, was the day I decided to walk the fine line between art and commerce. I have been blessed in that I do what I love and can support my family with what I create. When my music is given away, as taboo as it is for me to say, it is stealing. I need not defend my motives for making music, but the distribution of my music has made me business conscious. I have decided to sell my music to anyone who wants it, that is how I feed my family, just like a doctor, lawyer, judge, or teacher. Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but my music is like my home. Napster is sneaking in the back door and robbing me blind."
-- Scott Stapp, lead singer/ lyricist for Creed