++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-04-2004, 01:44 PM   #31
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by goddess_bb) it sounds like some ppl need to accept that CREED IS OVER!!
After hearing Scott's beautiful new song, I am sooooo over the Creed break-up. I will always love their music, but Scott can hold his own. He has proved that with Relearn Love.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #32
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) After hearing Scott's beautiful new song, I am sooooo over the Creed break-up. I will always love their music, but Scott can hold his own. He has proved that with Relearn Love.

He can do on his own with his lyrics and his singing... but with the music backing him up I was kinda disappointed... but I'll only judge when his first real solo single comes out.

And I do miss Creed yet.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:23 PM   #33
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Well, it's been a verry looong time since I've posted here. I'm currently listening to the new album on VH1. ~Open Your Eyes~ has grown on me some more. AB is definitely not CREED! The sound is very different and I'm soo glad to be hearing Mark play some heavier stuff. They have exceeded my expectations because I really wasn't sure what to expect after hearing the first single. I'm very much liking the heavier sound. I'm such a Scott addicted but Myles has a great voice and I like the range in it. ~In Loving Memory~ is a great song and I can see Scott singing it too. I will definitely be picking up this album.

I miss Creed,too!!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-04-2004, 04:38 PM   #34
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
KRIS!!!

Missed you badly... So great to see you again!!

I second every word that you just said! I dig Alter Bridge a whole lot better than I expected. But after hearing both, AB and our beloved Scott, I just realized how much I miss CREED even more... I thought I was "over" it...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 08-04-2004, 10:10 PM   #35
jurquiza
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) Hey jurquiza! Just wanted to let you know your cd rocks! Hope you're doing good.

Hey farmgirl,

Thanks for the post. We're doing good. We're getting some area play in our area and around Iowa and Illinois. Hopefully good things will happen. Good to hear from ya.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:49 PM   #36
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) He can do on his own with his lyrics and his singing... but with the music backing him up I was kinda disappointed... but I'll only judge when his first real solo single comes out.

And I do miss Creed yet.
Marcos, I will always miss Creed. But it has gotten much easier for me now that I know Scott can do solo and do it well! I loved Creed for the songs and for Scott's voice. With Relearn Love, we have Scott back and I am thrilled.

I just didn't get that satisfaction with AB. I guess it's because I really, really missed Scott's voice.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:59 AM   #37
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by jurquiza) Hey farmgirl,

Thanks for the post. We're doing good. We're getting some area play in our area and around Iowa and Illinois. Hopefully good things will happen. Good to hear from ya.

You're welcome Jose! I'm glad you guys are getting some air play and if you come to Wisconsin, I'll be there. I'm sure good things will happen for you...you have alot of talent.

ttyl
Rose
Old 08-06-2004, 01:40 PM   #38
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I just didn't get that satisfaction with AB. I guess it's because I really, really missed Scott's voice.

I think that too, and I don't think you even want to like either AB or Myles. (Just my thought, I might be wrong, but to me it seems like many Stapp diehards wants to hate AB)

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #39
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) He can do on his own with his lyrics and his singing... but with the music backing him up I was kinda disappointed... but I'll only judge when his first real solo single comes out.

I think his solo record will be better, and I also expected more, but Relearn Love have really growen in me, and it's a great message.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-06-2004, 02:27 PM   #40
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) I think that too, and I don't think you even want to like either AB or Myles. (Just my thought, I might be wrong, but to me it seems like many Stapp diehards wants to hate AB)
Lith, that's not the fact at all. I wanted to like AB. Mark and Scott had meant so much to each other, best friends, brothers. I had every intention of getting the CD.

But in all honestly, and especially after hearing the AB album, I got so turned off by Myles. I thought the music was great. In Loving Memory - the lyrics are beautiful - but I think Myles singing ruined the song. JMO.

And, I don't know if you have heard any of AB's comments this week from the interviews they have been doing - but it's starting all over again. When it comes to Scott they should say NOTHING! They made a comment about him in regard to Chicago, made a comment about WAWO. It sure hasn't taken them long to forget where they came from and who helped get them to where they are now. If Mark has a problem with WAWO then he should return the Grammy.

I could go on and on about this, but I really don't want to start an argument with anyone. Everyone has their own opinions. I am not against AB. I'm just more for Scott.

Last edited by Shadow : 08-06-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:20 PM   #41
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I respect that. After what happened at PBF I've started to maybe... Watch my words before I say something... I don't really think I did something wrong at PBF, but it went wrong anyway...

If you say so, of course I believe you, but I'd like to read/hear that interview... I've been pretty much catching them all and I just think they're straight about it. To me it seems that, (it's breaking my heart to say this), but Stapp is sort of is to blame for the break up. Of course he didn't ment to, but I just think Mark and Flip are being straight about it and telling the fans the truth, and I believe them more than the Stapp fans.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-06-2004, 08:41 PM   #42
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) But in all honestly, and especially after hearing the AB album, I got so turned off by Myles. I thought the music was great. In Loving Memory - the lyrics are beautiful - but I think Myles singing ruined the song. JMO.
Really? Why is that? I'm just curious. Is it because it's basically Mark's song, dedicated to Mark's mother? And Myles singing it takes out the feeling? That's what I'm thinking it will do to me, but I guess I will have to wait and see when I hear it.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 08-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #43
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker) Really? Why is that? I'm just curious. Is it because it's basically Mark's song, dedicated to Mark's mother? And Myles singing it takes out the feeling? That's what I'm thinking it will do to me, but I guess I will have to wait and see when I hear it.
Hi Hayley.
When you hear In Loving Memory, you will know what I mean. The words brought tears to my eyes. Mark did a great job with the lyrics.

But, to me, Myles voice is just tooo cold for that type of song, it's just not *warm* enough. He doesn't have that passion. It just makes the song sound cold. His voice does not do the song justice. I am in no way comparing this to Scott either. I can't even picture him singing this song.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #44
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hayley, I'm sure you'll love it, you're one of those persons that is open for both Stapp and AB, just as I am. I'm not saying that Robyn is not, but she's much more into Stapp than AB. But after hearing this record Myles is at least as good as Stapp!!

I have to say I respect, but disagree with Robyn's option to 110%!! Mark HAVE done a great job, yes, but Myles sings this with such a passion no one could do it better, and I don't think this song is supposed to be warm. I don't think Stapp sings MOP worm, it's cold, but it matches the words and the song. This is the same thing!

I think Myles is really the right man for Alter Bridge!! And actually I got a feeling you will agree with my option more than Robyn's after what I've heard you say about AB and Myles!! Just listen to what Myles does in the end of Find The Real!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 08-06-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:43 PM   #45
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) I'm not saying that Robyn is not, but she's much more into Stapp than AB.
Yes, you are right. But I DID give AB a chance and listen to the CD.