++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-16-2003, 12:57 AM   #16
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
well you should they rock
Old 09-16-2003, 01:04 AM   #17
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
idk...they just never grew on me
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-16-2003, 03:23 AM   #18
Delirium
USER INFO »
I used to hate Illusion, but after listening to it more and playing it on guitar, it has become one of my favs. So After much Soul Searching:

Wrong Way Is the worst creed ever! It's sooo slow, but not in a good way, like a boring way. It's lyrics weren't that good, and the guitar was Tremonti at his worst (sorry to say).

Other bad creed songs are:

Don't stop dancing: im not a kid, so there is nothing i can get out of it, and i don't like listening to songs addressed to little kids.

My Sacrifice and One Last Breath: to me they were manufactured to be singles from the word go and i just thought they felt too poppy and not enough ROCKY!
Old 09-16-2003, 06:52 AM   #19
tupelocreedfan
USER INFO »
The song I don't enjoy listening to would have to be Sister.
Most favorite-MOP, and OLB has so much spiritual significance
to me. It came out at a time in my life when I felt I was holding
on by a thread, just struck a chord with me.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:03 AM   #20
Blaize
USER INFO »
For some reason Freedom Fighter has never, ever clicked with me. If there's one song I would skip over, it would be that one......
Old 09-16-2003, 12:15 PM   #21
wrongway
USER INFO »
I must say I don't agree with you there Delirium... As you might be able to tell from my nick, i really like Wrong Way. The way it builds up, the emotions it brings up. Everything in it, basically. I think it needs the slow pace, because there are a lot of changes in the song, ya know, from verse to refrain etc... Really Really like the chorus too!

To stay on the subject (-: I never really listened a lot to Bound And Tied. So I guess I wouldn't know, but it never brought me anywhere...
Old 09-16-2003, 06:45 PM   #22
Rune
USER INFO »
zion please stop capitalizing every first letter of everyword and putting ........ everywhere, it makes it tedious to read your posts.

And there is no solo in unforgiven (unless you count that little bass/drum thing as the solo). If you're thinking guitar solo you might be thinking of The Unforgiven by metallica.

Anyways, a lot of people give Don't Stop Dancing a lot of heat because of the chorus lyrics, but i guess no one realizes it's not meant literally, it's a metaphor "children don't stop dancing, believe you can fly" is basically saying that everyone (not kids like people seem to think) should not be bogged down by things that happen in their every day life and believe that anything is possible as long as they have hope (not that peoples kids should literally not stop dancing and believe they could fly, it's poetic).

Anyways, illusion used to be my least favorite song but it's definately grown on me.

I think the song i skip the most is Faceless Man, it is in no way a bad song at all, it's got great lyrics and great guitar, it just isn't my type of song.

Freedom Fighter is one of my favorite songs just because it sounds so militant and tense and it's fun as heck to play.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:15 PM   #23
hide
USER INFO »
Freedom Fighter has taken on so much more significance after the events of 9/11, even though the lyrics were written before that event. "Face to face with me"
Old 09-16-2003, 11:34 PM   #24
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Rune
<b>zion please stop capitalizing every first letter of everyword and putting ........ everywhere, it makes it tedious to read your posts.

And there is no solo in unforgiven (unless you count that little bass/drum thing as the solo). &nbsp;If you're thinking guitar solo you might be thinking of The Unforgiven by metallica.

Anyways, a lot of people give Don't Stop Dancing a lot of heat because of the chorus lyrics, but i guess no one realizes it's not meant literally, it's a metaphor "children don't stop dancing, believe you can fly" is basically saying that everyone (not kids like people seem to think) should not be bogged down by things that happen in their every day life and believe that anything is possible as long as they have hope (not that peoples kids should literally not stop dancing and believe they could fly, it's poetic).

Anyways, illusion used to be my least favorite song but it's definately grown on me....Na &nbsp; &nbsp;i &nbsp; &nbsp;didnt &nbsp; take &nbsp; &nbsp;dont &nbsp; stop &nbsp; dancing &nbsp; lyrics &nbsp; &nbsp;poetic &nbsp; at &nbsp; &nbsp;all &nbsp; &nbsp; it &nbsp; &nbsp;made &nbsp; &nbsp;me &nbsp; &nbsp;think &nbsp; i &nbsp; &nbsp;was &nbsp; &nbsp;super &nbsp; fricking &nbsp; girl.........and &nbsp; &nbsp;i &nbsp; &nbsp;think &nbsp; unforgiven...had &nbsp; a &nbsp; &nbsp;solo &nbsp; &nbsp;of &nbsp; &nbsp;its &nbsp; &nbsp;own....as &nbsp; to &nbsp; many &nbsp; other &nbsp; songs...that...dont...have a &nbsp; solo...not &nbsp; the &nbsp; bass &nbsp; drum...but &nbsp; the &nbsp; gutiar...should &nbsp; have &nbsp; been...extened...it &nbsp; was &nbsp; my &nbsp; way &nbsp; of &nbsp; &nbsp;saying &nbsp; &nbsp;it &nbsp; &nbsp;should &nbsp; have &nbsp; had &nbsp; one &nbsp; without &nbsp; being &nbsp; a &nbsp; critcle &nbsp; toward &nbsp; the &nbsp; song &nbsp; because &nbsp; its &nbsp; &nbsp;good &nbsp; and &nbsp; it &nbsp; did &nbsp; not &nbsp; need &nbsp; my &nbsp; opion....and &nbsp; i &nbsp; &nbsp;know &nbsp; the &nbsp; diffrence &nbsp; from &nbsp;metallica......and......creed....ive...rocke d &nbsp; both &nbsp; genarations...so &nbsp; &nbsp;thank &nbsp; you &nbsp; rune &nbsp; &nbsp;for &nbsp; your &nbsp; insight....No &nbsp; Onfence.........PEACE

I think the song i skip the most is Faceless Man, it is in no way a bad song at all, it's got great lyrics and great guitar, it just isn't my type of song.

Freedom Fighter is one of my favorite songs just because it sounds so militant and tense and it's fun as heck to play. </b>
Old 09-17-2003, 02:23 AM   #25
Delirium
USER INFO »
Wrong Way: i'll listen to it some more and i may change my mind, maybe its one of those "grow on you very gradually" type songs.

Freedom Fighter and Bullets are definentely the songs of choice if i feel energetic. I heard that for those 2 songs they used 6/8 timing instead of 4/4, like they do in every other songs. Dont play piano so don't know what that means but it definentely has some energy in it.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:36 PM   #26
Rune
USER INFO »
zion, if you meant to respond, lemme know cuz you just quoted what i said and posted it again lol
Old 09-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #27
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Rune
zion, if you meant to respond, lemme know cuz you just quoted what i said and posted it again lol
Just Never Mind I will Fix it Later.......peace
Old 09-17-2003, 06:54 PM   #28
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i made a thread like this, i think it was the first thread i ever made and some people thought i was a basher
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 09-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #29
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: Originally posted by Delirium

Wrong Way Is the worst creed ever! It's sooo slow, but not in a good way, like a boring way. It's lyrics weren't that good, and the guitar was Tremonti at his worst (sorry to say).

dude! Wrong Way is awesome. that is rock at its finest! come on now!
Old 09-17-2003, 07:53 PM   #30
facelessman
USER INFO »
i didnt like illusion at first either, but it grew on me