++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 08-17-2003, 02:55 AM   #1
Rune
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Live Bands You've Seen

Hey, everyone post here the bands they've seen live and whether or not they were good and why you felt they were good/bad!

Me so Far:

Shinedown: can't give an accurate description, the mix they had was horrible so all you heard was the guitar which was really simple stuff, didn't get into them much.

Stereofuse: They have some good songs besides everything, they had this one song (allison i think it was) that was really good.

Creed: Needless to say, the people sitting next to me had to restrain me from headbanging the whole show cuz i was blocking their view, and my dad told me to shut up cuz i was singing so loud he couldn't hear the band lol.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:02 AM   #2
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Man, everytime someone does one of these, I always lose my head and forget one, but I will try mybest to post everyone.
1. Creed - 3 times
2. Full Devil Jacket (Opened for Creed)
3. Collective Soul (Opened for Creed)
4. Kid Rock
5. Fuel (Opened for Kid Rock)
6. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
7. Socialburn
8. Our Lady Peace (Opened for 3 doors down)
9. Seether (Opened for 3 doors down)
10. Shinedown (Opened for 3 doors down)
11. 3 doors down
12. Finger Eleven
13. Some country people that I saw back in the day, like Ricky Van Shelton, McBride and the Ride, etc.
14. Stereofuse (Opened for Creed)
15. Cinder (opened for Creed)
16. 12 stones (opened for Creed)
17. Saliva (opened for Creed)

I know there are others that I cannot place right now. It's 2am and I am tired, but I will update as soon as I think of anymore!
Old 08-17-2003, 03:12 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO, Rune...too funny. Yeah, I have hard time NOT headbanging to Creed, LOL...My list would be too long to get into detail, but I'll give a few good ones:

Creed -- In my top five...just full of energy and great vibes, and the music's pretty darn good, too.

Jerry Cantrell -- The former Alice In Chains guitarisit is bad-ass live. No-nonsense kind of show. Very little talking, lots of guitar playing and kick-ass tunes...A good mix of his solo stuff and Alice...Major, major fan here...

Pearl Jam... OMG...incredible. You don't even have to be on the rail to feel the love and the vibe from this band. Excellent mix of stuff and they vary their set lists from show to show, which makes you want to buy every bootleg you can your hands on. Vedder rocks! Plus, they surprise with covers. And they usually play 2+ hours. Friggin' AWESOME.

Les Claypool -- Amazing bass player who tours with his Frog Brigade, whose members sometimes change. Very trippy show, but very cool. Zappa-esque in his approach, lots of free-form jamming. You just can't stop grooving to this guy.

Springsteen --- Just saw him for the first time Monday...Two words: Fucking incredible! At 53, this guy has fricken boundless energy. Played for 3+ hours with no breaks, save for a funky intro of all the band members. I would pay anything to see this guy. The young guns could learn a thing or two from The Boss. He believes in giving people their money's worth, plus, they all looked like they had a hell of a time up there...Clarence Clemons is the coolest dude!

Foo Fighters -- Dave Grohl has acquitted himself quite nicely as a front man since his days in Nirvana. The man knows how to rock and have a good time. Plus, his bandmates rock! Taylor Hawkins on drums is a maniac on the kit, plus, he's wicked hot! Sorry, couldn't help myself. This is one show where you will be tired and sore from headbanging, dancing and singing. Rockin' good time.

Audioslave -- Chris Cornell still has it. That man can friggin' sing! Plus, Tom Morello is wild on guitar...Rage + Cornell is an awesome combo in my book. Their songs are natural crowd-pleasers and they soooooo get people going with tunes like Set It Off and Show Me How To Live...See them!

Metallica -- Caught my first show of James & Co. at Veterans Stadium in Philly. They played a lot of old stuff, which friggin' ROCKED. The newly rehabbed James is still kicking vocal a** and what can you say about the rest? Hammet is the man, Lars is nuts and new addition Rob Trujillo is a maniacal bass player. He played on Jerry Cantrell's last solo album, so I already loved him, LOL.

OMG, I said this wouldn't be long, but it is...sorry! I could go on an on...
Old 08-17-2003, 04:28 AM   #4
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
In somwhat alphabetical order! whooo!

The good:
Amen, Another Race, At the Drive-In, Audioslave, the Bird (x2), the Butterfly Effect, the Casanovas (x3), Cog (x4), Creed (x2), the Dandy Warhols, the Datsuns, Default, Deftones, Dungeon, Incubus, International Noise Conspiracy, Interpol, Jane's Addiction, the Music (x2), New Order, Opeth, Prodigy, Queens of the Stone Age (x3), Sparta (x2), System of a Down (x2), the Tea Party, Tenacious D, Tool, Trail of Dead...

The meh:
AFI, Alchemist, Foo Fighters, Goo Goo Dolls, Jimmy Eat World, Lifehouse, The Mess Hall, Mudvayne, Nickelback, Sahara Hotnights...

The bad:
Superheist.

Got Tickets To See:
The Butterfly Effect, Cog, Marilyn Manson, Metallica,

Want to see as soon as they get their asses down under:
A Perfect Cirlce, Creed, the Mars Volta, Our Lady Peace, Sigur Ros, Stone Temple Pilots, Zwan.

Ive no doubt forgotten many, but it gives you an idea. You must really suck (ie. Superheist) for me to hate a live show, many times Ive gone dubious about a band and ended up loving them (ie. the Music).

PS. Rune you need to get out and see more live music.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:16 AM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Holy crap, you saw Prodigy??? Very cool...They have some bad-ass stuff!
I love the songs Mind Field and Breathe.

I heartily agree on QOTSA and Jane's Addiction, too...Awesome shows...I have tickets for Radiohead on Monday. I can't wait. I have a bootleg of show from London in May. They rock live!

I hope to see Tool and APC at some point, too. Maynard is THE MAN.

I also agree with you on Mudvayne...they were sort of ehhhh. Not a big fan of yet.

Incubus and Default were pretty good, but not in the really good category in my mind...I'm not a huge fan of either, but they did put on decent shows.

I've heard lots about Interpol and Opeth...How would you classify their music? I haven't actually heard anything by them.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:20 AM   #6
The Lithium
USER INFO »
A lot of Swedish band! but there aren't coming to play for us over here ofthen...the latest was Nickelback and that was....okay....They had played in Danmark the day before and two girls disappeared...Then just hours before the Swedish performance Nickelback themselfs found 'em in a truck all durty and, you know..heh...So NB called the Swedish polise and they picked 'em up. If NB haven't found 'em they would in somehow get charged for theft...I don't know...So they were very late and was very tierd because of that...But I'm looking forwards to go and see 'em and Creed when the guys are comin' over!

Creed would have play in Stockholm (where I live), but Stapp broken his leg, and they couldn't go...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-17-2003, 05:42 AM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Other good ones: Moody Blues (extremely trippy, but awesome nonetheless); Yes; Elton John (in his younger days, LOL) Neil Young; Crosby, Stills, and Nash; Beach Boys (also in their younger days); Comes With The Fall (these guys ROCK); 12 Stones; Stereofuse.

So-so ones: RHCP (sorry, GGG ); The Distillers, Jurassic 5 (just not into their stuff); Linkin Park (also not into them, though I have seen worse); Deftones (wayyy too much screaming).

Bad ones: Limp Bizkit (even if they were virtuosos, I still would hate them, LOL), Mad At Gravity (reaaaaally awful live).

I'm with you, Said Eyes, you have to be god-awful to make my bad list because I looooove live music.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:34 AM   #8
zin
USER INFO »
MB20
Everclear
Lifehouse
Creed
12 Stones
Greenwheel - 2 times
Stereo Fuse - 6 times
VonRay - 2 times
Sister Hazel - 2 times
Seether - 2 times, soon to be 3
Trust Company
Chevelle
Saliva
Evanescence
Shinedown (seen someone describe them as a combo of Staind and Candlebox)
OLP
Breaking Benjamin
Depswa - 2 times
Revis
3 Doors Down

I know there's more, but I can't think of them...

So far all of mine have been great, but I was expecting more from 3 Doors Down, but it was still a good show.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:51 AM   #9
tupelocreedfan
USER INFO »
Ok, I'm going to show my age here:
I saw just about every "hair"band in the '80s:
Bon Jovi x3
Motley Crue x2
Great white
Aerosmith x2
White LIon
Skid Row
KISS(last tour in makeup)
Def Leppard x2-Hysteria and the newest show
Tesla
Bryan Adams
Slayer
Stryper
a few country shows
Eagles
Creed-Weathered
I'm sure there are a few more I can't recall due to innebriation!!
Can't wait to see 3DD later this year, and can't wait to see Creed
again!! Maybe I'll land a prime spot on the rail again, only on Mark's side this time!!
Old 08-17-2003, 08:52 AM   #10
tupelocreedfan
USER INFO »
Oh, I forgot, THey were all good
The best would be Creed, KISS, Eagles,Aerosmith, Def Leppard
Old 08-17-2003, 09:30 AM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
Creed 4 times
U2
Bon Jovi
12 Stones
Whitesnake
Metallica
Guns and Roses
Faith no more
Matchbox20
Maroon5
Sugar Ray
Tina Turner
Lionel Ritchie
Course of Nature
David Lee Roth

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #12
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I knew I would forget some: Everclear and then Godsmack and Deftones.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:30 AM   #13
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
Creed - Great Live Show
Metallica - Same as Above
Linkin Park - Good show
Limp Bizkit - Decent Band Live
Default - Good
Stereo Fuse - Good
Deftones - Kinda sucked
Mudvayne - Same as above
Journey - Very good
Boom Candle - Good, Energenic Lead Singer
BTO - Good Stuff, love the classics
Head East - Same as Above
Chevelle - Hard-Rocking 3 piece band
Disturbed - Hard and Heavy Show
Taproot - Entertaining, Rock group
GodSmack - Same as above
Collective Soul - Very Good
Old 08-18-2003, 01:18 AM   #14
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
OMG!! I could go on 4-ever!! But the one I want to say something about right now to Dogstar and Said Eyes and whoever else wants to hear it ...lol...is A Perfect Circle.............OMFG!!!!! My daughter and I just saw them Monday nite and I can't even begin to tell you how truly AWESOME that show was!! I still haven't come down from it...Since getting into more of the heavier metal stuff in the last year...I have always/only loved rock n roll, but my daughter is a complete Tool/APC freak...I have always liked Tool/APC, but after seeing APC last week, I'm sooo totally hooked!! I can't get enough and Dogstar said it, Maynard is THE MAN!!!! He is soo incredibly awesome, and has "one" of the most awesome voices (IMO) I've ever heard...I am so pumped about seeing them again on Thursday in Utah at Lollapalooza!! They are so going to kick ass!! Now, I just NEED TO SEE TOOL!!! Although I really like APC, I love Tool even more, and Danny Karey on drums is one of the BEST!!! Sorry peps, Dogstar got me going, so blame her!! lol

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 08-18-2003, 01:34 AM   #15
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN and tupelocreedfan
Whitesnake
I bet they were on fire for those shows!

It's a pity bands only tour here every 2 years or so (if that much) because it's really hard to get tickets to the good shows. Fifteen minutes of constantly refreshing the website and calling and redialing the ticketers got me a chance to get Metallica tickets and all they had left were the second teir seats. I same deal with Tool, had to settle for seats. At least living in America bands come by pretty often, so it should be easier.