++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-29-2003, 06:20 PM   #16
musicsaves
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, it's not like Stapp is clinically depressed, I just thought some of this lyrics maybe reflected certain feelings he might be experiencing at one time. He does try and write uplifting songs.

Quote: Originally posted by Redeemer
[B "I choose to live for always"  
[/b]

That is a great line.
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:35 PM   #17
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Yeah, I see what you're saying, musicsaves.

Relearn Love
Old 04-29-2003, 08:13 PM   #18
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Hi: I can't get into musicsaves.net....it comes up error
wonder why?
As for Scott's and Mark's lyrics....just my theory but, it's probably easier to write about hard times than good times. At least it seems to be. There are usually more songs about tough times than happy times in music in general. Even if something just bothered them for a day or so, it might have made a cool song. Maybe that's why they sound soulful and kinda sad. Yet, as some of you pointed out...they have and up- side too. That's what makes them special. They can write lyrics that speak to every one in different ways at different times in their lives. Timeless.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 04-29-2003, 08:39 PM   #19
jango
USER INFO »
I'm liking this multi-faceted site. On one hand, there's actual intelligent conversation going on discussing the likes of Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc. On the other, I enjoy laughing myself silly at the moronic fans of pop music trying to find a "deeper meaning" to their music.

Case in point... Eminem's "Lose Yourself."

"The Decockster:

This song means TWO things to me:
#1. It just kicks ass. Listen to it and you're hooked.
#2. It's my connection to someone. Finally, something we agree on: This song kicks ass! "

Oh my goodness...
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 04-29-2003, 08:48 PM   #20
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Not a rap fan Jango??? Me neither..but if that's what some one is into, who am I to tell them they're wrong.
Yes, you can find intelligent life here. Wonderful isn't.
That's why I enjoy my trips to Creedfeed.
So, any thoughts on Staind's latest song? Price to Play?
Great tune, if I do say so. Scott Stapp might enjoy the lyrics and wonder why he didn't write it first.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 04-29-2003, 09:54 PM   #21
Marty
USER INFO »
Bad times in our lives are the easist to write about, because it helps us through it. But when we are going through good times, they are easy to write about. I consider Creed's music overall positive.
________
Kids Wellbutrin

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:21 AM   #22
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I agree with you, Dudeguydude. I'm not a songwriter but I know the times I do write in my journal are when I'm going through a tough time and it definitely helps to work things through.

Relearn Love
Old 04-30-2003, 11:28 AM   #23
shunammite
USER INFO »
I really appreciate your showing us this site, I didn't know about it, it's been around a long time, apparently, and so many artists!!!

I think the Creed comments are more thoughtful than what I remember from Creednet, people didn't really want to talk too much about the lyrics, I guess when you don't agree, it makes trouble...

But now that the band is having so much trouble, I think it helps to go back and look at why we were drawn to them in the first place, I see a lot more in the lyrics now, than I did at first.

And no one can live up to all he sees, but we just press on, and reach out to our fellows as we go, and trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new, excuse me, Metallica is all mixed up with Creed in my mess up head.

Very different "feel" but the ideas seem the same to me.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:01 PM   #24
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
You're welcome shunammite!!

What's Jango talking about??? I ain't seen him in the longest...
Old 05-02-2003, 12:21 AM   #25
jango
USER INFO »
No, I'm not into rap in the least bit. I find it nonsensical and redundant. However, I accept the fact that intelligent, artistic, rap music does exist. However, you're not going to find that in the likes of Cash Money, Ludacris, Nelly, or Eminem.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 05-02-2003, 12:58 AM   #26
souldancer
USER INFO »
<b>Oh, yeah, I def agree w/you, Sheila--Creed's all positive for me too. I mean, come on, I say this all the time, but I believe if it wasn't for Creed I wouldn't be sitting at this computer today. It's their dead assurance that everything will turn out positively in the end that really got me listening to them. I mean, what's more beautiful than a line that goes "I choose to live for always" (Faceless Man)?? Creed Alwayz!! </b>
Thanks for the web site and YESSSS TO CREED! Appreciate your comments Redeemer and Shelia. And for me, it's not just that they are 'positive', but tht they are REAL...authentic music from and for the soul, not just pop lyrics for an audience! They deal with life issues and inner struggles - always in the light of the power to believe and rise and overcome challenges. Personally, I love the sequence of songs in Weathered as they present such a great round of emotions rising from anger, to deception, overcoming, struggle, facing deep issues, reaching out to hope and strength and ending in the serenity of a peaceful, giving lullaby "just give love to all'. So beautiful! There is a humility and a warrior spirit of inner strength that comes through! I FEEL THEIR PAIN AND GET SO FRIGGIN PISSED TOO ABOUT THIS LAWSUIT....(ok, i am sorry to ramble on and then end with hostility, but I feel better now. I needed to vent..going to go raise the volume on What If
Old 05-02-2003, 12:03 PM   #27
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I totally agree with you, souldancer. Their music has been life changing for me.

Relearn Love
Old 05-02-2003, 02:27 PM   #28
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
souldancer!!!!! I haven't seen your insightful comments in a while, but I see your still as introspective as ever!! You go 'head and jam to What If, gyrl...we be jammin together!
Old 05-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #29
Charmin
USER INFO »
Scott has said that he often writes about what is going on in his life at the time-and/or life experiences he has had in the past.

I think it's pretty normal to be retrospective about a music career and the effect if can have on you. Hence the fact that he took a long break afterwards. The grass is always greener until you get to the other side........

But, I think after a rest and a chance to reflect back on what has happened his love for music, the fans and the fun of it will return en force!!

ROCK ON!!

Charmin
Old 05-03-2003, 01:15 AM   #30
souldancer
USER INFO »
we be jammin together!
You bet!!! their "stage is shared by many millions
Who lift their hands up high because they feel this
We are one We are strong"