++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-13-2003, 01:35 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Crest Quest Journey

As I told you before, Iīm seeking the true meaning of the crest. James, from the band rags board, got it. Of course he wonīt share it, but he gives tips.

Since the thread about it has 156 pages so far, Iīll share with you what I found so far, so you donīt waste your time reading all that stuff.

-4 is the basic key to find out its meaning. (crest has 4 parts that make a whole)
-The original crest is on Stappīs buckle. The band modified it to give it the meaning they want.
-Bullets and OLB show good information to help us.
-The crest is actually a sunburst

This is what the most important things about the crest on the first 20 pages.

Questions:
On Bullets video, what does the bell represents? Freedom?
Stapp uses the crest to fight the evil forces, who canīt stare at the crest. Thereīs something about his shield too. Stapp throws the crest up high, then his help (Flip and Mark) comes. He threw it to Heaven or to the Sun? I couldnīt see it clearly.
Thereīs something on the Spiderwoman too, I didnīt get it.

When I get more, Iīll share with you.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:55 PM   #2
marlsy
USER INFO »
interesting Marcos, very interesting....................... Keep us posted!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
Yes, that is quite interesting! Thanks for the info!
Old 06-13-2003, 05:23 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I hope someone helps me with the questions above, maybe I missed something but Iīm not in the mood to read it all over again
Old 06-13-2003, 05:58 PM   #5
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
4 parts four guys?
Old 06-13-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
thatīs the first thing I thought. 4 parts, 4 people that work together as a whole. Originally: Scott, Mark, Flip and Brian, but he left. Thatīs right, seriously. But why is it right? I donītknow the rest yet.

Anyway, it can also mean: fire, water, air and earth or summer, spring, winter and fall. Itīs deeper, we gotta keep diggin.

One more thing people are saying is it has a fish on it. I donīt see it... they said the top part looks like a whale... oh, whatever...

And it could also be a man, on the middle of it.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #7
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i like the 4 elements Marcos.....but.....
..I've always thought it had to do w/ love....because it looks like 4 "Love signs" put together and it looks like 2 hearts put together aswell........

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
just read more of the bandrags thread, the meaning of the crest has to do with Creation.

Sun meaning is really important on this...

I alone, found out more 2 symbols:
The maze
The 3rd Creed Crest - it was on Creed website before Weathered was released (itīs a rounded one)
Old 06-13-2003, 07:52 PM   #9
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
PS....i just got the MOP tab book....and i just realized that Stapp has had that belt buckle since MOP....u kno the pic where they're like standing in that lil hall...and mark is sitting down w/ his feet up....STAPP IS WEARING IT IN THAT PIC!!!!....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
<b>i like the 4 elements Marcos.....but.....
..I've always thought it had to do w/ love....because it looks like 4 "Love signs" put together and it looks like 2 hearts put together aswell........ </b>

it could be what you said as well. it can be anything. It could be: Love, Peace plus 2.

But one thing for sure is that the 4 band members is right.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #11
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
yeah...i loved the 3rd crest...i have a Wallpapers w/ it on it ...you can find it on Dan's Site...it's the "Chrome Creed" one....

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-13-2003, 08:12 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
on Bullets video:
the Arrowhead symbolizes: Alertness
the Arrow symbolies: Protection

The Seeker says: Youīre learning!
Old 06-13-2003, 08:15 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Whispers &nbsp;

Listen! Can you hear the sound of my voice? It can be found among te crashing of the waves, the frothing of foam against the sand and the rushing of winds through the sky. It comes with the stillness of fear, a quiet breath before the first roar of thunder. Whispers of great and lesser things, of warnings and welcomes. &nbsp;

I live and breathe and sing my song for special men. Men whose ears are trained to hear the heartbeat of the sand and the thoughts of the sea. Men who listen to the wind among the branches. Men who can understand strange secrets that would chill the souls of others. Men with hearts that beat with the blood of warriors. &nbsp;
- Michael Tremonti
Quote:
A couple of quick things note in this. In the contest we learned that the Crest was connected to divine power, as the seeker was shocked to see it able to be twisted into evil purposes, so you might want to keep that in mind. Also discussion about the importance of the sword was going around. In the middle ages the sword was the chosen weapon of the crusaders and many other christian warriors, as a sword (of longsword or broadsword styling) pointed down is shaped in the form of a cross, thus they considered it a holy weapon. Also the Bible refers to Christ's tongue as a two edged sword. A couple of additional ideas I've been batting around are that the crest has something to do with Power or Free will, both gifts of God and symbols of divine might, but both can be used for evil or corrupt purposes by those who turn from the light. Just my two cents. &nbsp;

The Sun and Son have been swapped up before in Creed's work, as there are two versions of Is This the End between the normal and the Acoustic version if you listen very carefully. The acoustic version has a very definite message to it, and the lyrical changes were posted in one of the threads on CQ, which is unfortunately gone. I've got both versions on my computer though, and I may try to post the lyrics from the acoustic version's change on here. I think you definitely have something with the Son/Sun thing though. I've always had a feeling that My Own Prison touched on that duality too, with the "We're all held captive out from the sun, a sun that shines on only some", as some are held held back from Christ's love and salvation by their own prisons of guilt, lack of faith, or inablity to admit they can't do it all themselves, etc. I also still have a feeling that this has some connection to free will as well, as it is the ultimate act of God's love for creation and a use of divine power, but by this act, God allowed mankind to chose to follow his will or to turn away from it (in essence to corrupt or pervert the divine gift with sin). That's all I have for now. Keep on questing &nbsp;
-Palomides
Old 06-13-2003, 08:24 PM   #14
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Hmm, the lion is a symbol too, it used to symbolize the sun (and/or the Son) we have a lamb too...

so far:
1-Crest
2-Tremonti Crest
3-3rd Crest
4-Man in the Maze (Crossroads! the man is formed by the choices he makes, or path he takes!!! crossroads=4 paths = 4 (Crest)!!!)
5-sword/shield
6-angel
7-sun

I think we made it!
Old 06-13-2003, 08:29 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Cindi
Spider Woman spun two silver strands, one connecting east to west, the other north to south. This connected the four corners of the earth, with the Spider Woman as the center. The strands created the Road of Life in the Hopi tradition, which has as it's symbol the equal-armed cross. &nbsp;

As a sustainer, Spider Woman is always urging us to reconnect to our own source of higher power. She tells us that our natural role is to live in peace and harmony, with reverence toward the earth and it's beings. She imparts her sacred widsom to the people as they sleep, connecting them to her spiritual wisdom through a filament spun from her body and attached to her crown. &nbsp;
Quote:
James - who already got the truth about it
These are All great points but do not confuse All song lyrics with the Crest meaning. &nbsp;
You have all done great research and indeed are Learning,but keep it simple. IT IS STARING AT YOU. &nbsp;

The truth of it is there's a right way to live &nbsp;