++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-16-2003, 12:32 AM   #46
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Those notes were taken by sweetdreams when she read 300+ over on the bandrags board.

Quote: Here is the post:  

Okay, When I read all 300+ pages of the Crest I made some notes. If James would be so kind as to look over these, and help to weed out any wrong information, I know I would be greatful and appreciative. Okay this may take a while:  

"4" is a big part of it. Find a connection between the band& the things we already know.  

The SUN gave the Crest Power. Why? The Original Crest is a Sunburst.  

On Page 15 is a picture of the original crest, and the Creed Crest.  

Part may symbolize Creation...  
Part may symbolize 4 band members?  
Part may symbolize Sun on Weathered CD  
The Crest was tossed up into the RAys of the Sun in Bullets video.  

Hearts are similar to arrowheads, Arrowheads= Alertness  
Arrow= protection  

Sun= healing energy, also thought to be Guardian of the Earth by day.  

Lion symbol is strength & courage, but wisdom as well, also ancient symbol for sun.  

Open Hand only has 4 fingers?  

IT IS STARING AT YOU.  

Turn sideways(the crest), and look in the center. By turning it sideways, it is more noticeable.  

Crest looks like an eye. <b>No, the Crest doesn't look like an eye. The "eye" is in the middle. </b>

Clues from James L. &nbsp;

SUNBURST, EYE, ONE &nbsp;

James also defined Creed;n 1 a brief statement of religious belief, especially one accepted as authoritive by a church 2. any statment of belief, priniples, etc. &nbsp;

Crest - any growth on the head of an animal, as a comb or tuff. 2. a heraldic device placed on seals, silverware, etc.3. the top line or surface; summit 4. The highest point, level, degree, etc. -vi to form or reach a crest- crested adj. &nbsp;

Another Clue from James SEE THE LIGHT &nbsp;

also from James - Solar Energy? Why did Scott hold the crest up to the sun in bullets video? Why is crest in sun on Weathered cover? Why? Why? Why? <b>Doesn't "symbolize" the sun on Weathered cover. It's just hidden in it, don't let that confuse you.</b> &nbsp;

On Page 96 Mushroom 40 has an entry. James L replies that "YOU ARE THINKING" &nbsp;

aLSO SUN IS STRENGTH &nbsp;

On page 199 James talks about the 4 directions &nbsp;

East= red= success, triumph &nbsp;
North= blue defeat; trouble &nbsp;
West = black = death &nbsp;
South = White= peace;happiness &nbsp;

Crest = truth &nbsp;

The third Eye- a unique device brings you the ultimate spiritual experience. The 3rd eye reference? um, nope not exactly.

Turquoise protects from evil(p213) <b>Turquoise is on the "original Crest" It represents the sun. </b>

A symbol of the 3rd eye, a connection to the 2nd sense, the reflector, to ward off peril and eveil and an insight into the future. &nbsp;

10/21 The date Jagger was born =1/21 or 1twenty1 &nbsp;

Waht reflected the crest into the water. THINK & CONNECT EVERYTHING. (Sun) &nbsp;

30% Spriritual &nbsp;

"Find a connection that links the things we know, a common ground, the key to the knowledge that we have." &nbsp;

TRAVELER; An Eye, the eye of the sun, but not exactly the sun itself. <b>Don't let the "EYE" part be a factor. </b>

Re-reference by James L.:1. The #4 permeates Navajo philosophy, the 4 directions, first 4 clans, & the 4 colors asst'd with the 4 sacred mountains. &nbsp;
2. The #4 directions guide daily activities, sequence goals, & produce a path of harmony. They are applied to an individuals teachings & learning as well as to his or her own way of living. &nbsp;
3. The directions are sequenced, as East,South, West, & North. The directions can be described as representing knowledge, self-disipline, social awarementss, & respect. &nbsp;
4. East: is the direction of the dawn & represents thinking and knowledge. &nbsp;
5. South: is the planning direction, where one plans what one is going to do. Planning takes discipline. &nbsp;
6. West: is where one does his or her living, and living involves the social pattern or habits. &nbsp;
7. North; is the evaluation portion of one life, a DIRECTION OF REFLECTION. Representing maturity, it can also allude to respect. &nbsp;
8. The 4 directions are an integral part of Native American cultures as well as Navajo, & there are a variety of resources concerning this subject, so choose wisely. &nbsp;
9. in a way the Sunburst is a circle with a cross, the universal symbol originated with southeastern & southwestern tribes. Each segment can be indentified by ones own physical & spriritual significance. &nbsp;

3rd eye_ part of the 6th path on the medicine wheel, is also referred to as "seat of the soul". &nbsp;

Creedfeed has a Crest article ABAJO MTNS &nbsp;

Orignial Crest- shape of sunburst &nbsp;
Jewel in cnnter symbolizes an eye &nbsp;
Eye- eye of the sun, or creator &nbsp;
Creed added stuff to it. THINK &nbsp;

All 8 items in the story had crest on it. Stapp's armour had crest on it].(Bullets video) &nbsp;

Last clue James gave us: THE SUN IS SHINNING &nbsp;
SEEKING? I hear the ROCKY MOUNTAINS are great this time of year. (This was up to the page that it appeared. There have since been more clues.) &nbsp;

Corrections from ThePhoenix &nbsp;
Like i said before, do not let the videos and items in the story confuse you. The items themselves don't have influence in the Crest symbolism.Those weren't the last clues I gave=(Last clue James gave us: THE SUN IS SHINNING &nbsp;
SEEKING? I hear the ROCKY MOUNTAINS are great this time of year. that was the 4 Corners part...Taking us to the Anazasi's...)

Old 06-16-2003, 01:15 PM   #47
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
okay, I just edited the post above with the corrections JamesL made. Pay attention to the bold parts.

hereīs what I found too:

http://go-utah.com/mapDetailed.cfm?objectI...AE80050DAB32CA6

check this link, itīs the map of the Abajo Mountains, itīs at the 4 corners. Is it related? sorry if someone already
posted that

this site is very interesting too, about the Navajo:
http://www.navajocentral.org/faq02a.htm
they talk about how they were created...2nd dimension?

the next link: http://www.pointandsquirt.co.uk/justin/ima...s/bearlake1.jpg
Bear Lake at Rocky Mountains, Colorado - kinda looks like the lake on weathered
Old 06-16-2003, 01:44 PM   #48
TakeUHigher
USER INFO »
i would really like to know the meaning of the crest. it is an awesome piece of work. i have it tattooed on the back of my neck. and i would like to know what it means.....
Old 06-17-2003, 10:16 PM   #49
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
I could probably peice it all together if you wanted Marcos. You could even help write some more for it you seem to know whats going on.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:28 PM   #50
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Iīd love that, Ben!
Old 06-19-2003, 03:47 AM   #51
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Gimme a few days, I'll see what I can do.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:15 PM   #52
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Thanks!!!!

Btw, your new avie is SO cool!
Old 06-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #53
theseeker018
USER INFO »
i was thinking about the link of the picture of the lake and how marcos said it looks like the one in the weathered book. on the link it says bearlake, now wasn't there a story in CQ about the warrior going to a lake, and wasn't there a bear chasing him, something like that. i can't remember exactly, but then again i wasn't able to follow the quest as closely as i wanted. maybe someone can remember, i thought i was in a thread somewhere around here, but we all know about those disappearing threads!
Old 06-20-2003, 12:32 AM   #54
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by theseeker018
i was thinking about the link of the picture of the lake and how marcos said it looks like the one in the weathered book. on the link it says bearlake, now wasn't there a story in CQ about the warrior going to a lake, and wasn't there a bear chasing him, something like that. i can't remember exactly, but then again i wasn't able to follow the quest as closely as i wanted. maybe someone can remember, i thought i was in a thread somewhere around here, but we all know about those disappearing threads!

Yeah, thatīs one of the main reasons I posted that!

Iīm happy you noticed it! Many people didnīt!

I think weīre on the right track! But I need to get a different point of view... that will help me to come to conclusions!
Old 06-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #55
theseeker018
USER INFO »
yea, you know me, i'm up on it like that
Old 06-20-2003, 04:41 PM   #56
theseeker018
USER INFO »
i think we're on the right track also. is there anyway we can get some help from someone in colorado?
Old 06-20-2003, 05:47 PM   #57
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I dunno. I talked to an indian who was "Historian/Storyteller" but he couldnīt help much...
Old 06-20-2003, 06:33 PM   #58
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Holy crap!!!

below is a pic of Indian Creek Valley ... itīs in Utah.

http://www.ut.blm.gov/wilderness/wrpt/wrptseindian.jpg

doesnīt it look just like the OLB video?
Old 06-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #59
theseeker018
USER INFO »
wow, yea, it does share a certain similarity...also, what did you talk about with this "historian/storyteller"? did you bribe him?
Old 06-22-2003, 12:30 AM   #60
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I just asked if he knew something similar to the Creed Crest, if it had a special meaning for Indians... and I sent him the buckle crest too