++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-16-2004, 01:36 AM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) Weathered was better then HC IMHO and at about the same level as MOP. HC was not as consistent with songs like Wrong Way and Say I not as good as some of the others (Never Die as well). Weathered went in some different directions and if the process went a bit longer it would have being out of this world. Saying that MOP would be their best album, then Weathered and HC last but by no means least.
Hmmm, gotta disagree with you there about Weathered being on par with MOP. I thought Weathered was wildly inconsisent. It has its moments, but it doesn't come close to the vibe of MOP. I mean, Lullaby?? That just doesn't belong on a rock record. MOP record had a much deeper, darker feel to it than Weathered even came close to. MOP was much more raw lyrically and musically and HC was a notch or two down from MOP in my estimation but still rockin' hard enough for me. Weathered went too commercial and poppy for my liking. It was rushed and I think the label wanted to cash in on the Creed formula as long as it could. Overall, it just doesn't move me the way the other two do. I haven't listened to it in a loooooong time.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:01 AM   #17
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I seem really seperated from all of you on the topic of Weathered. I love it. I love HC. I love MOP. I love Creed. I am just happy to have thier music and find it un uplifting part of my life. Their music has helped me through some tough times. All 3 albums have. I don't analyze their music to determine what is better than a previous album.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 04-16-2004, 02:04 AM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That's great for you, H-D, but not everyone has the same reactions to things. I'm happy to have the music, too, but I like the first two albums better than Weathered. I still like Weathered, but I don't enjoy it as much as the other two CDs.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:12 AM   #19
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I mean, Lullaby?? That just doesn't belong on a rock record.
I have to agree with you there. But I guess rocks bands need to experiment or the albums can get boring if you have the same range of rock over and over again.
I mean Pearl Jam's indifference doesn't belong on a rock album, but the lyrics are what matters most, and there is a very long stretch of meaning between Indifference and Lullaby.

My thoughs on Weathered, I do agree with Dogstar, the lyrics on Weathered didn't come close to MOP or HC, but Weathered was still a very touching album. I do think that it was fairly rushed and you can tell that in the album, compared to other Creed songs. Weathered comes last in my list of Creed albums, and HC the first. To me, my personal experiances Human Clay suits me best, lyrically and musically, that's why I rate it my favourite. But Weathered still is a beautiful album.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-16-2004, 02:15 AM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, Hayley. I agree. I like it still, just not as much as the others. WGMB still sends chills down my spine.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #21
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Well, except for Weathered...

I have to agree with you on that..... WEATHERED was not their best stuff...the first 2 albums were the best!!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #22
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Human Clay hasen't had the staying power with me as the other two albums have. When I first bought it, it was the best thing since sliced bread but I don't find it as consistent as the other two albums, which is strange since that is levelled at Weathered it seems. With Weathered you have Bullets and Freedom Fighter which give you a good kick up the backside, then the truly epic WGMB and Signs is a good rocker although lyrically weak IMHO.

Then its the commercial rock period but some great songs in OLB, MS and SHWM which has an awesome solo. Weathered is something a little different, Hide was something a little different that turned out great while DSD and Lullaby show a willingness to take a risk and the later while not their greatest song does show Scott's range. MOP would be the clear leader if Sister wasen't on the album. Its not bad but its clearly the weakest track IMHO.

I will agree that the lyrics did seem rushed with Weathered and they should have got someone to take the bass duties. Compare it to the 3rd album from basically any other rock group and it stands tall.

I honestly have the feeling this new album could blow Creed's stuff out of the water........I would have never said that a couple of months ago.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:04 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: ...while DSD and Lullaby show a willingness to take a risk and the later while not their greatest song does show Scott's range.

I think it shows they (or the label) wanted to cross over to make yet more money.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:15 PM   #24
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: I honestly have the feeling this new album could blow Creed's stuff out of the water........

Ditto.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #25
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Ditto.

well you've seen and heard them thanks! Dogstar I fail to see how Lullaby could be an income generator considering that it wasen't a single, received no radio play as far as i know and it hasen't really being received that well by the "hardcore" fans. rockgoddess can you tell us if anyone of note was at the showcase? such as Myle's MF4 bandmates, his muscian friends from other notable bands, the guys from Submersed or other friendly bands such as Indorphin, Sevendust etc: I guess someone would have said something if Stapp was there.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:39 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I was talking more about DSD...that one was released as a single and played on easy listening, pop stations, light music stations....
Old 04-16-2004, 12:58 PM   #27
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: with songs like Wrong Way and Say I not as good as some of the others
I'm going to pretend I didn't read that...

Creed~~Bullets
Old 04-16-2004, 01:30 PM   #28
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Well said, Hayley. I agree. I like it still, just not as much as the others. WGMB still sends chills down my spine.

Are those good or bad chills?
Old 04-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #29
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I was talking more about DSD...that one was released as a single and played on easy listening, pop stations, light music stations....

DSD got me really ticked off at Creed. Not only was the music video in a church, but the lyrics sounded very preachy.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #30
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Ditto.

Only you would know.