++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #1
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Justification v. Salvation

I was reading today, and found this site:

http://nov55.com/rel/juc.html

after reading the contents, i must admit, i am somewhat confused....what is meant by justification verses salvation?

is it incorrect for one to justify within themselves that they believe in Christ and in doing so...once they realize they need to change and do so, are they not saved?

according to this article, justification is not acceptable if one is to become uncorrupted...they just seem to be making it more difficult than it needs to be...then again, i have always believed that there is more truth in simplicity...

comments?
Old 11-06-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Justification v. Salvation

Justification is the legal declaration where God declares the sinner to be innocent of his sins. It is not that the sinner is now sinless, but that he is "declared" sinless...

This justification is based on the shed blood of Jesus, "...having now been justified by His blood..." (Rom. 5:9). God imputes (reckons to our account) the righteousness of Christ. at the same time our sinless imputation to Christ when he was on the cross. That is why it says in 1 Pet. 2:24, "and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed."

To be saved means that God has delivered us from His righteous judgment. It means that we will not be judged for our sins and be sentenced to eternal damnation. To be saved means that we are justified. Only Christians are saved. Only Christians are justified. The issue at hand is whether or not this salvation, this justification, is attained by faith or by faith and something else...

Here is a list of verses that show that salvation/justification is by faith. (my viewpoint anyway...)

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."

Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"

Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."

Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"

Rom. 4:11, "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,"

Rom. 4:16, "Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."

Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Rom. 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."

Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."

Rom. 9:33, "just as it is written, “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”

Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

Gal.3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Gal. 3:8, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "All the nations shall be blessed in you."

Gal. 3:14, "in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Gal. 3:22, "But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe."

Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

Eph. 1:13, "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise."

Eph. 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."

Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."

1 Tim. 1:16, "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life."

Heaven

Old 11-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #3
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
thank you, heaven for the explanation...
Old 11-08-2004, 01:57 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
i didn't read all the way through that but i'll give my two cents on the topic. justfication is where God looks on the believer as rightous because of Jesus did at Calvary, NOT on what the believer has done. this is why the roman catholic teachings are generally wrong IMO. santification meanwhile is a gradual process where the believer becomes more and more Godlike. Justification however is a once only event and so the two are linked but are not one and the same.

I must point out that I don't think the bible teaches that there is such a thing as a carnal christian. If someone is a "christian" for 30 years and their life has changed not one iota then one would have to ask the hard questions, and that person is probably only fooling themselves.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 11-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
i agree if someone has not growed in the last 30 years Good Lord They Of Course Need To Get With The Program
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-06-2004, 06:06 PM   #6
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i didn't read all the way through that but i'll give my two cents on the topic. justfication is where God looks on the believer as rightous because of Jesus did at Calvary, NOT on what the believer has done. this is why the roman catholic teachings are generally wrong IMO.
Catholics don't believe a person is justified on their own accord. Catholic teaching is that justification is the work of God alone. By our free will we must accept God's love for us, but God does all the justifying, not anything we do.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:56 AM   #7
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
simply, its by grace we are saved, after all we can do. for example, being baptised by immersion by the proper authority, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost by laying on of hands by the proper authority, and also enduring to the end, in keeping all the commandments of our Heavenly Father.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new