++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If you were Brian Marshall

He is a founding member of the band. But if you were him and you realize that you're gonna have to learn "Weathered" songs, what would you say to yourself first? And speaking of which, how well does he play them? I'd like to hear him play the title track to that album, which Tremo did an excellent job on.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Re: If you were Brian Marshall

Well i can say from a skill level that it wasn't a big deal because the bass parts to weathered were relatively simple compared to how he wrote the bass parts for human clay and my own prison.

Plus you have to consider it's not like he hasn't played bass with the guys since he left during the human clay tour. He wrote two albums worth of material for alter bridge and then another albums worth for full circle, so i think having to learn the bass part to a few songs he didn't write doesn't bother him much.

Plus what people don't understand is that for (i won't say most) musicians, especially these guys, it's really about getting up there and playing and getting to do that every day that is the rush, it's not worth spoiling it by saying "i didn't write these few songs, so i hate them."

Plus Brian is just a cool fucking dude, and i think as long as he's having a good time he doesn't care.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 11-01-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

He seems to be doing really well with the songs this past tour. My guess is like EROCK adds his parts with the songs Brian is adding what he think fits best with the songs on Weathered. Personally not worried about it because the guy is an awesome bass player.

Side note: How awesome would Weathered be with Brian playing bass on that album...WOW!
Old 11-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) Well i can say from a skill level that it wasn't a big deal because the bass parts to weathered were relatively simple compared to how he wrote the bass parts for human clay and my own prison.

True but you can't blame Mark for that..he is not a Bass player so Weathered would have been that much better with Marshall on Bass. It is a shame he left, but I am go glad he got back with the guys. Bret Hestla? I thought did ok but he looked like he didn't fit with Mark,Flip, and Stapp. Glad Brian is back he fits like your favorite pair of shoes.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) Side note: How awesome would Weathered be with Brian playing bass on that album...WOW!
Not sure about that one. Like I said, Mark did great on bass for that record esp. the title track. Heck, the bass was the hook for that song.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo)
And if we look at it from a monetary standpoint, Brian didn't even have any writing credit for the songs on ANY of the albums until AB and now Full Circle. For My Own Prison/Human Clay he didn't have a writer or publisher credit so he wasn't getting royalties from those songs, however, tremo split up the writer royalties amongst the whole band for alter bridge and the latest creed album.

Where did you get all this? Full circle was published and written by "tremonti/stapp". flip and brian have never been credited for writing any creed song.

And where did you get this info about him not getting royalties?
Old 11-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I can't say how i have access to this information without putting myself in jeopardy to be honest, if you want a more detailed breakdown i can PM it to you.

And i didn't mean to knock tremo's bass skills, he did very well with weathered, but there is still a significant difference between a guitarist playing bass and a bassist.

Last edited by Icedmofo : 11-01-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
rebsgirl
USER INFO »

He seems to be doing really well with the songs this past tour. My guess is like EROCK adds his parts with the songs Brian is adding what he think fits best with the songs on Weathered. Personally not worried about it because the guy is an awesome bass player.

I totally agree