++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Waxing Poetica
Today's Posts «

Old 03-31-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
tremontirocks!
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Road Not Taken

I lay in the darkness, in my nice warm bed. It’s so peaceful and quiet, as I rest in the stillness. But I feel so alone, all I can hear now is the wind whistle against my window as it worries and probes at the chips and cracks caused by some long forgotten mishap. Maybe the wind is a sign from heaven, telling me that she is still out there in a spiritual level.

Laying, resting, thinking…of how many choices I’ve made in my life, of how many roads I’ve traveled. I’m thinking of how many people have hurt me along those roads. Tears flow out of my eyes, like raindrops falling in to a dark black river…making me feel unwanted, empty, forgotten because of all the missed turns to happiness. My heart begins to cry, making me feel like an exhausted warrior fighting the desperate battles to find my inner peace…the light. I feel like I’ve been used, wasted and discarded, a weathered and rusting hulk, crumbling slowly into fragments to be claimed by the earth and vegetation that surrounds me. I took the wrong road…

As I drift into a fevered slumber, the dream comes again. I hear and feel my ragged breath tearing from my chest in time with the slap of my heavy boots against the frozen earth. The bullets begin to fire, thunderous reports like cannons thumping in my worn out heart…I’ve had enough. When will the golden bullet finish me off? I’m hit, I begin to bleed. I’m falling behind, out of breath, out of ammunition, beaten, nearly dead…How am I supposed to fight? Blood leaks out of my body, red rivulets flowing across the unforgiving ground. Will my life feed the hunger of the enemy? Will they leave me to die in peace? Will they leave me to live in peace?…I took the wrong road…

The sun now rises with another day. The light streaming through the window shining so bright releases me from the fear and dread of my dream, to the despair and heartache of my reality. My inner eye can see the road again, stark and golden in the frozen moonlight, the opportunity I had. I could have saved you! I would have taken it, but I was out of ammunition, nearly dead…I couldn’t fight. I spread my hand across my eyes to block the dazzling light and allow myself to refocus on reality. I lift up my head, dragging myself out of bed. I feel sick, dizzy. I’m still caught somewhere between the dream fantasy and the misery of consciousness. The illusion of you goes away…it’s a still photo day… I took the wrong road…

I find myself now limping, bleeding, down that dark lost road of what is left of my life. I’m beaten, and I wish you were here with me now…to lessen the pain. I feel so lonely, now that you’re gone…If I took the other road, you may still be here…But I didn’t…I took the wrong road…the wrong way…the road that wasn’t taken was the road to my fulfillment.

This is a story I wrote for the subject English for school this year...Its based on a true story that I went through... I hope you all liked it...
By W.D.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:23 AM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, I can feel the pain and emotion in this. Really good description, too. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Old 04-01-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
"The sun now rises with another day"..."I took the wrong road"...A little Creed influence there?? Good stuff!
Old 04-01-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
This was awesome Tremo...

Don't know which verse to pick to be my fav:

The bullets begin to fire,
thunderous reports like cannons thumping in my worn out heart…
I’ve had enough.
When will the golden bullet finish me off?

I’m hit, I begin to bleed.
I’m falling behind, out of breath,
out of ammunition, beaten, nearly dead…

Loved that one!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 04-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
wow tremontirocks That did rock
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-07-2004, 11:41 PM   #6
tremontirocks!
USER INFO »
thanx for the support guys
Old 04-07-2004, 11:51 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Your welcome
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything