++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2004, 11:11 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
09/17/2004 - London, UK - ULU

Went to this show? Post your review...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 09-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
riggersversion1
USER INFO »
Alter Bridge Live @ ULU, London 17/09/04 Photos

What an awesome show. No words can describe how awesome it truely was. Just look at the photos we took to see for yourselves:-

Alter Bridge Live @ ULU, London 17/09/04 Photos

I also met the band and got lots of photos. Spoke to Myles & Mark for a while also. Should have those photos back tuesday, so expect another post then and maybe a review sometime soon also.

Riggers Version 1.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:30 PM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »
The best day of my life...

Read below to get a picture of my day!!

Tracklist:
Here's the tracklist:
1) One Day Remains - wild, just wild
2) Find The Real - wow, you have to see for yourselvs
3) Broken Wings - everybody sang the words for the chourse
4) Watch Your Words - I like this song even more after the show
5) Burn It Down - Mark Tremonti y'all
6) Metalingus - heeavvy, heeaavy, heeaaaaaaavvvvvyy
7) The End Is Here - Myles hit the high notes while the rest of the band were insane
8) Shed My Skin - Myles sits down and sings the first verse, he's such a good actor on stage
9) Down To My Last - "To the ones in which we sing, we are honored you let us in" *metal-sing*
10) In Loving Memory (acoustic) - beautiful... No other words but beautiful
11) Open Your Eyes - they all gave the rest of their energy they had
Over all - best show I've ever seen and one of the bests I ever will see.

Me and the band

Now, you SHOULD really read about my day!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 09-21-2004 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:38 PM   #4
The Lithium
USER INFO »
The best day of my life...

Now this will be pretty long... But read it - it's not only a simple review,
this is all about how one of the biggest dreams a boy once had came true!! This is all about the best day ever in my life!!

I got to ULU at 1 pm. Dave was there with 3 of his, really nice, friends.
So we were 5 people who was queuing.

About 4 pm Switchfoot - who was the support band arrived. Now, don't ask us what the hell we did between 1-4, it was just bullshit, bullshit and bullshit, but hell it was fun!!

After a while we heard that there was some kind of soundcheck that was going on - so me and Dave's friend Liam checked it out. But it wasn't fun, we just stayed there for about 1 minute. When we left we saw THE BAND arrive, so we talk fast to them and I ran fast to get my stuff and some other fans. So we took some pics there, then Mark said: "Well guys, we don't have time for this, but you could come with us!!"

It felt SO weird to see them!! I've been a big Creed fan since I was 12, now I'm 15. I've been a fan for more than 3 and a half year!! And almost everyday I've been seeing these guys on pictures or videos. So it felt so weird to see them in real life, I was like: "Man, this can't be happening!! There's gotta be some kind of screen somewhere here between us!!!!!!!!!!!" But it wasn't. I MET ALTER BRIDGE!!!! I told 'em: "Guys, this is like my biggest dream coming true, I'm all the way from Sweden", and they were SO friendly!!

Now, the band had invited us to their soundcheck, but it wasn't that easy... When we got up there some blonde girl said we weren't allowed to be there. But we said "The band invited us", so she got their touring manager; Andrew. He kinda said the same thing, but we kept on going "The band invited us!!" Me and another fan; David, who also is from Sweden said that we had come all the way from Sweden just to meet the band and see the show, so after a lot of talking with Andrew he let us in. Dan was there as well, (webmaster of Mark-Tremonti.com and one of the webbies on AlterBridgeBand.net). So it was me and David from Sweden, Dan, two friends of his and 2 other girls I don't know the story of.

On the soundcheck they played:
1) One Day Remains
2) Find The Real
3) Open Your Eyes
4) In Loving Memory (acoustic)
5) A "not yet finished" AB song acoustic

Which was TRUELY AWESOME!!! I took some pics from the soundcheck I will post in another topic I'll problably name: "Exlusive pics from the soundcheck in London" - or something in that way.

Myles was awesome and cracked jokes at me and David all the time 'cause we were headbanging and singing along!! At the end of OYE he said: "Take it away guys!!!!", and we got to sing the last line all by ourselvs!! And then he said: "Wooch, take it easy guys, your heads might fall off... Happened to me actually, they had to put it right back, was kinda sceary", and then we and the band laughed.

After the soundcheck we got to meet the band. So I got ODR signed at two places and HC as well. I can't believe how friendly they were!! I talked about 5 minutes to each band memeber, and when we had to leave Mark told me: "You know my brother Micheal, right?" - and I said: "Yeah, of course!!". Then Mark said: "Alright, whenever we come to Sweden - make sure to talk to him, and he'll get you backstage passes." So my dream finally came true... I met Alter Bridge - I still can't get it!! I got the feeling they thought it was as fun to talk to me as I thought it was to talk to them!! I guess it means a lot to know they have such a diehard fans all over the world!!

So after that I got back to the queue and told all the other guys 'bout it! Then the show started and I placed myself at the "Chris spot". That means I was frontrow in the middle, so I had Myles JUST infront of me!! But first Switchfoot got up on stage - and they were SO much heavier live than on CD, and they rocked the whole place crazy!! I know some of their songs, so I sang along. Jon - the lead singer saw me, 'cause I was frontrow in the middle, you know! So he asked me what my name was, and here's the conversation:

Jon: "What's your name?"
Me: "SEBASTIAN!!!!!"
Jon: "Alright, this is Sebastian"
Me: "I'M FROM SWEDEN!!!!!"
Jon: "He's all the way from Sweden!! Now, everybody, say hello to Sebastian from Sweden!"

And believe me... Everybody did!! It was so fun, he talked to me every now and then during the show! They were freaking crazy on stage!!

During the break between Switchfoot and Alter Bridge I met 3 really nice girls who stood right behind me. They were shorter than me, so I'm a nice guy and I let them go infront of me. I mean, I was still frontrow, so it wasn't a big deal. In fact one of these 3 girls was fucking hot so it didn't really matter that much!! They were all 3 so friendly. Especally the "fucking hot one" I flirted a bit with.

Then it was time for THE BAND!!! Their first song was One Day Remains, and the crowd went totally crazy!! I quote Myles:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Myles Kennedy, 09/17/2004 - London, UK - ULU) You guys are fuckin' crazy!!

In the end of that song the sound was so loud that I turned my face from the stage, and what happens is that I just happen to turn my face to the "fucking hot girl" and she kisses me!! Which I didn't mind at all, 'cause I had sort of been thinking of the same thing. I missed some of the early parts of the show, like the first minute of Burn It Down - 'cause we were, well... Kinda busy *cough*...

After One Day Remains they played Find The Real, and it ROCKED!!! I had heard both of these songs earlier on the soundcheck, but of course this was better!! There was no gap between the stage and the crowd, so I was able to touch 'em all the time!! And as I said, I had Myles RIGHT in front of me!! It was so funny - 'cause they all recognized me and David from the soundcheck, and each time we screamed "LOVE FROM SWEDEN!!!!" they smiled even MORE than they already did before!! When Myles sang "There’s a face I put on all my life" he held up his right hand right in front of his face, like it was his second face, and it just was really cool!!

After about 5 songs the "fucking hot girl" I was kissing had to go back, 'cause she couldn't breathe, which was a pitty - 'cause I never got her e-mail. All I know is that she was from england and 15, won't be easy to find that chick!!

Very well, I got some more space when she left...

I never got to see Creed live myself, but I've seen a lot of live videos, etc. Now for all of those old Creed fans that already knows the band rocks on stage, but ain't sure about Myles... I had no idea how he would appear on stage, but you won't miss Stapp for a second!!! HE WAS FUCKING INSANE!!! When he sang "Down To My Last", he got SO much "metal-signs" raised upon him when he opened his arms to the crowd and sang "To the ones in which we sing, we are honored you let us in"!! The whole band smiled all the time, and gave high five to the crowd a whole lot of times!!

When they played In Loving Memory it was so simply beautiful!! Myles started by saying: "This song is a very deep song and very personal to Mark", and the whole crowd yelled back "IN LOVING MEMORY"!!! They did it acoustic this time too. It was so beautiful when the guitar into started and you could hear different voices from the crowd scream:
"In Loving Memory - [name] - I love you" or
"Rest in peace - [name] - I will always remember you", etc.

The whole band looked so serious and it was really a tribut to someone you loved... Someone that's forever gone!! The crowd was so loud on this song!! You could hear us scream "Go Mark" or "Be strong" all along the song.

At the end of the song, when Mark plays the outro on guitar I yelled "Mary Elizabeth Tremonti", and Myles looked very friendly at me, then he gave me high five!!

I know I haven't told you much about the show, but there's really nothing more to say than: This was the best show I've ever seen and one of the bests I ever will see!!! For all of those who are waiting for Alter Bridge, with or without tickets, you have NOTHING but awesomeness to look forward at!! 4 really nice guys that knows how to rock every crazy crowd CRAZIER!!! And I like you to find out how good they are yourselvs!

There was so many crowd-surfing, CRAZY!!!

This was a very special day I will never get to relive!! I'm sure I'll see and meet Alter Bridge again, but it's not the same... This was a day when one people united... Fans from all across Europe had come together for the love of this band, and I know I will problably never meet them again. And I will never be able to see the fifth Alter Bridge concert ever, again. This was something and some day that happens once!! And I so enjoyed it. I know it will never happen again, and it was the best day ever in my whole life!! Whatever I did, it was going my way... Well, now I've met and seen 'em and I know I'll get backstage whenever they come to Sweden, I'm the happies kid on earth!!

I have many strong memories from this day, but the strongest is problably when I have one arm over the "fucking hot girls" shoulder, and one over Liam's shoulder. I have one of my hands plasted at Myles knee and the other plasted at Mark's knee, and I'm screaming out the words to Broken Wings, and I remember thinking to myself... "Now... At this very moment... At this very second, I have it all!! It's all going my way... All I've ever wished for... I have it all"

-Peace
//Lith

Me and the band

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 09-22-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:03 PM   #5
chafin24
USER INFO »
the link you posted is not working.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:11 PM   #6
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I've changed the link and up loaded it on ABR, so now it does

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-20-2004, 04:22 PM   #7
chafin24
USER INFO »
where on the abr site
Old 09-20-2004, 04:35 PM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
On the photo album, but just click on the link I've posted and you'll see it!! I've changed the link, it works now!! And read my review too!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-21-2004, 05:52 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lith, that sounded fantastic!! I"m so excited for you!!! That's great and I'm so glad you had such a great time. You deserve it!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-21-2004, 06:32 AM   #10
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Of course I desirve it!! Haha, I'm a huge fan!! It was truely awesome, can't wait to see and meet them again! And well, maybe the other fans as well, but that won't happen! At least I found the mail to the "fucking hot girl"

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-21-2004, 07:59 AM   #11
sportsterfan
USER INFO »
hey thanks for the great review and for sharing the pictures!!! You guys rock!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:14 AM   #12
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I don't mind sharing my day with you guys!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-21-2004, 10:26 AM   #13
Sicky
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sicky Send a message via AIM to Sicky Send a message via MSN to Sicky
Wooh, sounds even more AWESOME than what I experienced at Berlin Which I thought was simply impossible, but well... Great you could enjoy it THAT much
Old 09-21-2004, 11:05 AM   #14
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Did you meet the band as well?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-21-2004, 11:09 AM   #15
Sicky
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sicky Send a message via AIM to Sicky Send a message via MSN to Sicky
No, unfortunately I didn't I arrived there too late and already left about 20 min after the concert had ended. And there were no hot chicks either But it was still awesome, read my review