++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-12-2004, 02:59 PM   #16
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: and second economics has nothing to do with it because this band is not about THE MONEY...they are about the music...thats is why they are doing small arenas, and using mini vans...

I have to slightly disagree with this...ALL bands want to make money so that they can afford to keep up their current "lifestyle"..ie...living in mansions with indoor pools and fountains and driving hummers and ferrari's. They are doing small arena's at this point in time because they aren't established in the rock world as Alter Bridge. They would never sell out a large arena at this point in time...it's too early and the majority of people don't even know who Alter Bridge is quite yet. I would imagine if this small tour is successful and album sales are successful...then they will be right back to the very large arena scene...to make more money.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:33 PM   #17
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Eventually, AB will again be playing arenas just as Creed did...in order to accomodate the fans they pick up along the way from touring...saying they will continue to do "small" venues is neive (sp).

Saying "never" to reuniting...would be akin to saying Marshall would never be playing with the remainder of Creed in another incarnation again...big surprise...look at 'em now.

Anything is possible...time is irrelevent in this reguard, as it will happen when it is supposed to happen...but realize that a "reunited Creed" would show the growth that has been attained during their solo time...not only creatively...but on a personal level too.

This is hinging most of all on forgiveness and understanding of all parties involved...and realizing where the PRIORITIES, which can change for some and stay the same for others, really are...then being able to mix it all together so it works, and that isn't easy without keeping the lines of communication open..all of this is learned from past indescretions and mistakes that are hopefully not repeated.

there is too much "energy" in these 4 souls to write them off as "over".
Old 09-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #18
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stevewk1) When Alter Bridge fails to light the world on fire the way CREED did, all will see that the way to regain the spolight and thereby refill the bank accounts, is to reform CREED.
What the? You officially are 100% full of shit!! Or maybe you just don't know how to handle the breakup, but Flip and Mark have said: "If it doesn't work out this time with AB - we're just gonna play in small demo bands where we live". Get the picture? NO MORE CREED!!!

Oh, one more thing. AB will FAIL to light the world on fire? Since AB is better than Creed - that doesn't make any sence to me!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by THE LITHIUM : 09-24-2004 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:43 PM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) What the? You officially are 100% full of shit!! Or maybe you just don't know how to handle the breakup, but Flip and Mark have said: "If it doesn't work out this time with AB - we're just gonna play in small demo bands where we live". Get the picture? NO MORE CREED!!!

Oh, one more thing. AB will FAIL to light the world on fire? Since AB is better than Creed - that doesn't make any seance to me!!

Old 09-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: This is hinging most of all on forgiveness and understanding of all parties involved...and realizing where the PRIORITIES, which can change for some and stay the same for others, really are...then being able to mix it all together so it works, and that isn't easy without keeping the lines of communication open..all of this is learned from past indescretions and mistakes that are hopefully not repeated.
Well said, Ann.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #21
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Eventually, AB will again be playing arenas just as Creed did...in order to accomodate the fans they pick up along the way from touring...saying they will continue to do "small" venues is neive (sp).

Saying "never" to reuniting...would be akin to saying Marshall would never be playing with the remainder of Creed in another incarnation again...big surprise...look at 'em now.

Anything is possible...time is irrelevent in this reguard, as it will happen when it is supposed to happen...but realize that a "reunited Creed" would show the growth that has been attained during their solo time...not only creatively...but on a personal level too.

This is hinging most of all on forgiveness and understanding of all parties involved...and realizing where the PRIORITIES, which can change for some and stay the same for others, really are...then being able to mix it all together so it works, and that isn't easy without keeping the lines of communication open..all of this is learned from past indescretions and mistakes that are hopefully not repeated.

there is too much "energy" in these 4 souls to write them off as "over".

Very well said. No one knows what the future holds so we'll have to see how everything works out.

Relearn Love
Old 09-12-2004, 06:34 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, on the near future I don't see Creed reunion (2-3 years, considering AB already have the 2nd album pratically written).

But Robyn is right: in the beginning it's always roses and champagne... I agree to most of you, except Seb...

I just would like Wind-Up released all the b-sides songs, like Nothing, even if Stapp didn't finish its vocals... heck, I can take anything, even Flip singing Nothing... it doesn't matter...

Creed is still my fav band. I love Alter Bridge to death, but I don't connect to its songs as much as to Creed's.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:18 AM   #23
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I agree to most of you, except Seb...
Well, they have said that if AB fails they will just play in small demo bands where they live, I don't think Creed ever will reunite... But if they would I think it would be great, but I don't know how it would turn out...

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #24
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Creed is still my fav band. I love Alter Bridge to death, but I don't connect to its songs as much as to Creed's.

I think I may cry.

Disclaimer....not trying to start an argument....just wowed by the fact that Bridge of Clay actually made that statement.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:14 PM   #25
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
Believe what you want ..."playing for just the music" is great and all but you cant be a bum on the street and just "play for music." No one will want to listen to you if you are some poor sap playing at small venues and thinking that your music is important. Music makes money. Entertainment makes money...AB will soon play much larger venues in order to make more money and support their large (if they ever get a really large) fan base. Sorry to say but AB is riding on Creed's glory right now whether they like it or not. You cant think of AB and not think of Creed no matter how hard you try...Creed was just too great to forget. Even people that dont listen to Creed refer to AB as "the members of that one band Creed." You will see a Creed reunion as soon as AB's flame burns out. (Which will be between 5-7 years i assume) Wind Up will make sure to milk AB and Stapp for all the money they can before they support a reunion album...WHy do you think a Creed best hits album is not out yet?? WHy release it now if Wind Up can make enough money off of just AB's album?? When sales go down...you will see Creed slowly making its return...WInd Up has many options now and they want to milk albums for all the money they can before introducing a new album. As it was already said...it really is all about economics and money..Dont FORGET...MUSIC IS ALSO A BUSINESS!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:16 PM   #26
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
[quote=THE LITHIUM]
Since AB is better than Creed QUOTE]

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I think Mark and Flip are incredible at what they do, but AB IS NOT BETTER THAN CREED!!! And never will be...Sorry, just my opinion!! But it's not like I'm not going to go see AB next Tuesday night!! yayayay!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 09-24-2004, 03:55 PM   #27
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Bridge of Clay actually made that statement.
Marcos is just like me a diehard Creed and Alter Bridge fan. Just that he thinks Creed is a bit better and I think AB is a bit better.

Quote: (Originally Posted by luvscott4ever) Sorry, don't get me wrong, I think Mark and Flip are incredible at what they do, but AB IS NOT BETTER THAN CREED!!! And never will be...Sorry, just my opinion!! But it's not like I'm not going to go see AB next Tuesday night!! yayayay!!
No, no, no, I respect that, as long as you respect my opinion!! Creed is awesome, they've done a whole lot of things to me! And so have AB!! I saw and met them in London last friday!! Such a nice bunsh of guys, and the show was the best show I've ever seen!! Wish the same for you and your show! (Never saw Creed live)

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-24-2004, 05:05 PM   #28
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) the show was the best show I've ever seen!! Wish the same for you and your show! (Never saw Creed live)

Lith, I mean no offense to you (and I know we've had our differences on another thread) but I think that some of how you are looked at recently comes straight from your above statement.

You've never seen Creed live. I was just like you almost 10 years ago when I first heard Creed. Man they were the best thing I had ever heard (OK I may be exagerating here a bit but...) I mean c'mon awsome guitar work, driving bass lines and meaningful, pseudo spiritual lyrics. They were the best thing to happen to my music world since Guns N' Roses and Metallica. And then I saw them live.... and man it was an experience. An experience I don't even know how to begin to explain it was just that meaningful. Scott up on stage was just amazing. he was able to hold the crowd in the palm of his hand. Weather it was while telling a story about a song, leading the crowd or even just singing one of the songs. All eyes were on him and Mark and the pure emotion they were playing off of. I've been to alot of concerts and I've seen some of whom I consider the best (Billy Joel, Elton John, Metallica, Buckcherry, 3 Doors Down, Matchbox Twenty, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Fleetwood Mac, Lynnard Skynnard, Finger Eleven, Sevendust, 12 Stones, Evanescence, Seether, Barenaked Ladies, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Chicago.. I could continue to go on) but Scott was the best I've ever seen. Maybe not the best singer but he had the best stage presence. And I think alot of long time Creed fans still think this way and that is why it is hard for them to get on teh Alter bridge bandwagon as strongly as you. And you being so hard behind Alter Bridge sometimes comes off as overly agressive. Just thought I would let you know.

I ahven't seen Alter Bridge yet. I get the chance in 2 weeks and I hope I think they are a great live as you say.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:52 PM   #29
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I know, but I'm from Sweden, I never got the chance to see Creed. They toured in Europe 1999 - that was it... And they didn't tour for long. I'm so happy Alter Bridge will, and I know Stapp is awesome on stage, I've seen a whole lot of live videos!! But believe me when I say Myles is just as awesome, he's such a good actor on stage, and really know how to rock a crazy crowd CRAZIER!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-25-2004, 03:27 AM   #30
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) Believe what you want ..."playing for just the music" is great and all but you cant be a bum on the street and just "play for music." No one will want to listen to you if you are some poor sap playing at small venues and thinking that your music is important. Music makes money. Entertainment makes money...AB will soon play much larger venues in order to make more money and support their large (if they ever get a really large) fan base. Sorry to say but AB is riding on Creed's glory right now whether they like it or not. You cant think of AB and not think of Creed no matter how hard you try...Creed was just too great to forget. Even people that dont listen to Creed refer to AB as "the members of that one band Creed." You will see a Creed reunion as soon as AB's flame burns out. (Which will be between 5-7 years i assume) Wind Up will make sure to milk AB and Stapp for all the money they can before they support a reunion album...WHy do you think a Creed best hits album is not out yet?? WHy release it now if Wind Up can make enough money off of just AB's album?? When sales go down...you will see Creed slowly making its return...WInd Up has many options now and they want to milk albums for all the money they can before introducing a new album. As it was already said...it really is all about economics and money..Dont FORGET...MUSIC IS ALSO A BUSINESS!

Thats why it is important that they begin to release singles that don't sound anything like creed. THats why i think they should start to release singles that sound nothing like creed, like Find the real, One day remains or Metalingus. People are going to call Alter bridge the former creed members for a while because thats what they can relate them too. YOu are also assuming that Alter bridge won't be able to pick up new fans, fans creed could never get. Let me tell you that a lot of noncreed fans are liking Alterbridge. Don't believe me? Ill give you some quotation from people from a musicans forum on www.mxtabs.net. You will be suprised.....

"It's already better than anything Creed ever did"

"i bought this album cause i was curious and open your eyes is mediocre, but the rest of the album, especially metalingus totally blew me away buy it"

"Yeah Alter Bridge is a good band, they are better then creed, and i dont think they sound anything like creed."

"They're pretty good. A big improvement from creed anyway."

"Creed sucked but i really enjoy alter bridge."

So even creed haters are digging alter bridge...

And your whole comment about money is just stupid. How rich are the Alter bridge guys? Pretty dam rich, so rich that they don't have to be in a band in order to live their rich lifestyles.(not that that is bad) This is why i believe them that they will never reunite if AB goes under, because they don't have to!

It doesn't matter though, because their is little chance of them going under in 5-7 years.