++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Dominionists aka Christian Reconstructionists

The following post was printed in the Rolling Stone. I hope that you will read it, and give comment.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ion=6.0.12.857

i can't help but wonder if Jesus would approve. Did He not say in John 18:36 in his conversation with Pilate that His Kingdom is not of this world?

It's all about spirituality and what God wants us to learn...not politics...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 04-12-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
interesting subjected you opened Jerem.10.11.16. Matt.23.1.35 ... Verliy I Recall It Was Spoken For Those Of You That Have Ears Let Theme Hear, For Those Of You That Have Eyes Let Theme See And Hear The Spirt Of Truth... i must say morons...
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-12-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Ummm, nevermind any of this business about loving God, and loving our neighbors, eh???

Heaven

Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) Ummm, nevermind any of this business about loving God, and loving our neighbors, eh???

Heaven

Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Ummm, nevermind any of this business about loving God, and loving our neighbors, eh???

you nut...heh....

being somewhat curious, did a little more research into this, due to something brought to my attention about the Stone not being considered "a reliable source" and found quite a bit more.

Quote: The movement, also dubbed "dominion theology" and "theonomy," has spread far beyond the right wing of Presbyterian and Reformed churches. It has penetrated, to some degree, most conservative denominations, including Southern Baptist.

Not all in the movement agree on every point; theology wouldn't be theology without endless schisms, after all. Nor would all people who advance Reconstruction's goals agree that they're part of the movement. But as St. Matthew wrote, "By their works shall you know them."

The Reconstruction movement has burrowed deep into the religious right. Its architects have gained strength via a broad alliance with other religious advocates who seek a radical restructuring of America. Reconstruction and dominion theology certainly set much of the agenda for conservative Christianity's political activism.

Is DeMar championing a theocracy? With the rueful smile of one who has been hit with this one before, he retorts: "All governments are theocracies. We now live in a secular, humanist theocracy. Yes, I want to change that to a government with God at its head."

the above quote and article, somewhat lengthy, but none the less quite interesting, can be found at the following link:

http://www.yuricareport.com/Dominion...cracySugg.html

a definition of the movement, it's self, is given in the following link at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionist

at the following link, scroll down to where you see a purple line and the words below read:

Quote: We will let a Christian Constructionist himself tell you what they believe

http://www.tylwythteg.com/enemies/reconstruct2.html

Hopefully, this will give a somewhat more of a mixed view of their movement, and give a deeper insight into what is happening.

from what i have gleaned in reading this information, i still have to ask what it all has to do with following the spiritual teachings of Jesus, and preparing us for our return to God when our time here is over.

i am in no position to judge whether these people are right or wrong, that is not my place...yet i will offer an observation...they definitely believe FROM THEIR INTERPRETATION of the Bible...that they are in the position to pass judgement on mankind.

And I…the song you sing
Old 04-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
hmm.... i read the first few paragraphs, seems kinda whacko, esp. the part about reclaiming the American gov't. not sure what they mean by "reclaiming", b/c the Founding Fathers were by and large Deists: belief in God thru reason, not faith.

Old 04-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
it also raises the issue of separation of church & state. i believe that the government shouldn't establish any state religion, and that any "reclaiming" would likely constitute such an establishment.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #8
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Thing is, RMadd...check out the links i posted in the second section of this thread...they may clear up any confusion you may have...read especially the part where the person that is a Christian Conformist/Dominionist tells it from his point of view...

And I…the song you sing
Old 04-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #9
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
TBH, i havent had time to read all of it, and i will later, but im on my way out right now.
Rmadd (ryan, lol), im studying the constitution in Govmnt. right now.
There was a major riff between the Federalists and AntiFederalists between the complete absence of ANY god from our constitution, be it God, or gods. Largely because as you said, they were Deists, and also the monarchy in England wa supposedly by "divine right".
there were states that wanted to (or did) not ratify the constitution with that listed as a reason. there were others, of course, but just thought id mention it.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-12-2005, 10:34 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
Thanks For The Links
Old 04-13-2005, 01:02 AM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Rmadd (ryan, lol), im studying the constitution in Govmnt. right now.
There was a major riff between the Federalists and AntiFederalists between the complete absence of ANY god from our constitution, be it God, or gods. Largely because as you said, they were Deists, and also the monarchy in England wa supposedly by "divine right".
there were states that wanted to (or did) not ratify the constitution with that listed as a reason. there were others, of course, but just thought id mention it.
awesome stuff, Amber. i tell ya what, ain't politics & gov't grand? i think it's splendiferous, that's why i'm a polysci major. absolutely fantastic. if you hate writing papers, this major's not for you, but i actually enjoy it, mainly b/c i've always been quite good at it lol.