++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 11-20-2002, 10:37 PM   #1
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Pearl Jam vs Creed

I have never liked Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam much, but after reading an interview with Eddie Vedder in my local newspaper last week, I think he's a complete twit. This is the part of the interview when Creed gets mentioned.

------------------------------

While Vedder may not care, others have paid close attention to the band’s fortunes and a number of Pearl Jam-alikes have cropped up. In particular, Creed and Staind reek of Vedder. The latter has even covered Pearl Jam’s rather sacred Black. While his bandmates are “flattered” by the “cool” cover, Vedder isn’t.

But even Vedder can’t deny Creed has crossed his radar. Frontman Scott Stapp has been labelled a poor man’s Eddie Vedder.

“I’ve seen a few (Creed) songs and I thought they were the same thing, but they were different songs. He should probably put his arms down, for one. Maybe relax a bit. He’ll find his own voice. It sounds like he’s pushing a little too hard, to me. I was pushing really hard the first few years, it took me a while to relax. It’s a nice feeling when you feel your voice is absolutely representative of yourself and not someone else.”

Vedder starts to get a little riled. Even family and friends have mentioned how they thought they heard him on the radio, but were mistaken.

“People will say, ‘I think I heard this song on the radio, it sounded like you but the words didn’t sound like something you’d be singing’ – I’m so annoyed about hearing it. The amount I’ve been hearing about it, I’m over being flattered. I also don’t want people getting tired of or overwhelmed by a certain kind of vocal style because it’s being overplayed by some other bands. I’d rather people get sick of listening to me than an imitation.”

---------------------

What an idiot.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
Weathered
USER INFO »
vedder is a dick...scott stapp sounds nothing like him to me...and i think everyone who does should get a hearing aid
Old 11-20-2002, 10:43 PM   #3
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
WTF~!!!!! CREED SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE EDDIE VENDER!!! CREED HADS ITS OWN VOICE AND NO SONGS SOUND ALIKE!! WTF!!! WTF!! WTF!!!... hmm that was fun

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 11-20-2002, 10:44 PM   #4
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
I know, Scott's voice is much smoother. But even if people do think they sound kind of the same, it's like, well, with 4 billion people on the planet, don't you think at least some of them will have deep voices that sound a little alike? I think Vedder might just have a problem with the fact that Creed is so big now and Pearl Jam belongs back in the 90's.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:45 PM   #5
JenRN
USER INFO »
I am sooooo sick of this Pearl Jam thing!!!! Eddie Vedder LOOSER he is just jealous of Scott! Like I said before with Fred Durst "where the hell has he been for the last 3-4 years?" Eddie vedder has no talent that is obvious!!!!!!! He is just another jealous "in the moment wonder" rock star that fizzled out when people really saw the lack of talent!!!!!! Get a new flannel shirt Eddie!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-20-2002, 10:49 PM   #6
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
And didn't Pearl Jam have some aversion to publicity? They didn't make videos, didn't do interviews or promote their music in any way. Now all of a sudden, they have a new album, so they're doing a big suck up to the media to get themselves promoted, but Eddie Vedder can't do one interview without trashing someone better than him. By the way, that interview also mentioned that after a fan died at one of their concerts a few years ago, they nearly gave up music. If only...
Old 11-20-2002, 10:49 PM   #7
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
True, Eddie is a loser to say tha tcreed is just starting out and still finding his own voice. I think eddie is, like you said jeleose that creed is ahead of them in sales, fans and time.

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
Old 11-20-2002, 10:50 PM   #8
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
hey me and jenrN just said like the exact same thing

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
Old 11-20-2002, 10:54 PM   #9
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Hey, is Pearl Jam up for two American Music Awards? I don't think so!

Quote: Creed and Staind reek of Vedder
- the only thing that reeks is Vedder and his pissy attitude.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:54 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I was going to stay out of this, but I can't now. Eddie Vedder is a an extremely talented singer and songwriter, and if it weren't for bands like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, etc., Creed wouldn't be, IMHO. Musically, these bands have influenced a lot of what is out there today. Each generation of musicians often influences the next generation, and it's natural for there to be some similarities vocally, musically and or lyrically. Personally, I don't see the similarities between the bands. I think they have different sounds and different kinds of writing. I'll give you that Vedder and Stapp both have similar sounding voices, but that's about it.

I really don't understand this battle-of-the-bands BS when it comes to Pearl Jam and Creed. I don't understand why someone who likes Pearl Jam can't like Creed and vice-versa. It's ridiculous, IMHO.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:55 PM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Xterminator27
hey me and jenrN just said like the exact same thing

Great minds think alike!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-20-2002, 10:58 PM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I was going to stay out of this, but I can't now. Eddie Vedder is a an extremely talented singer and songwriter, and if it weren't for bands like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, etc., Creed wouldn't be, IMHO. Musically, these bands have influenced a lot of what is out there today.  Each generation of musicians often influences the next generation, and it's natural for there to be some similarities vocally, musically and or lyrically. Personally, I don't see the similarities between the bands. I think they have different sounds and different kinds of writing. I'll give you that Vedder and Stapp both have similar sounding voices, but that's about it.  

I really don't understand this battle-of-the-bands BS when it comes to Pearl Jam and Creed. I don't understand why someone who likes Pearl Jam can't like Creed and vice-versa. It's ridiculous, IMHO.

I really liked Soundgarden in the 90's but when people like Eddie start trash mouthing other musicians then that is when it becomes annoying to me! I totally agree Dogstar, I liked "some " of those bands as well, just not a huge Nirvana fan!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-20-2002, 11:21 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Get a new flannel shirt Eddie!
Sorry, that just made me LMAO!!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-20-2002, 11:29 PM   #14
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
the only thing I want to say is...I don't hear a resemblence between Scott and Eddie...maybe I'm tone deaf, but I don't hear it!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 11-20-2002, 11:31 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>I really liked Soundgarden in the 90's but when people like Eddie start trash mouthing other musicians then that is when it becomes annoying to me! &nbsp;I totally agree Dogstar, I liked "some " of those bands as well, just not a huge Nirvana fan! </b>

That's OK. I'm not asking anyone to be a fan, but hey, they pretty much all trash each other. Scott said in one interview that I read that he pretty much didn't like what was out there musically when he and Mark started thinking about playing together. That was when, mid 90s or so? So he pretty much trashed Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, other grunge bands and the post-grunge bands. Chad Kroeger of Nickelback trashed Eddie and Pearl Jam earlier this year. They all do it. They are all entitled to their opinions and Scott, just like many others, is not above stating his opinion about other singers and bands. So let's get him off the pedestal a bit. And to be honest, I didn't think what Eddie said about Scott was all that bad. He even said he was like Scott was earlier in his career with Pearl Jam.