++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #46
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
and you, the other

Old 04-17-2005, 03:35 PM   #47
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion)
Stay optimistic...just like the rest of us that still "get it", Chase...because the best IS yet to come...

The best has already come, in the form of Alter Bridge

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion)
as for you, Lithium, don't have something nice to say...then why say anything? All you did was show how ignorant you really are...sometimes it's better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut than open it and take away all doubt.

So, the truth hurts does it Ann? I will admit tho that i like scott stapp as a singer, but hardly anything more than that. I respect his charity work, and i hope he flourishes as a solo artist because this world seems like its almost completely devoid of great rock bands. But as a person, i think stapp is an asshole, and his "people" are the only ones that dont notice it because to them, he has this way of making everything he says sound like it was brought down off of mount siani on stone tablets. Where as the AB fans have seen RESULTS already. Thats what it boils down to, results. Ive seen AB's, and now its time for stapp to own up.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-17-2005, 04:35 PM   #48
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Ya know, if I make a post like that I get completely torn apart... you make a post like that and no one makes a sound.

More power to you, I agree completely, but the injustices on this board... lol

What an injustice!!!!! No one likes you? Are you not popular on this board? Humm, it's sounds like a persecution ... lol

As for Stapp, uncertain, titan and the others members are quite right : if Stapps needs a break to spend with his son, his family, to thinking and organize his solo career,whatever, okay, but he shouldn't make promises about record and release a cd in march, august or september 2005... I love Stapp but I'm very disappointed with this long expectation...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-17-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:05 PM   #49
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) The best has already come, in the form of Alter Bridge

in your opinion...

Quote: So, the truth hurts does it Ann?

Whose truth?...Lith's?!...ummm, nope...he, like you and anyone else has the right to believe what you will...won't hold it against ya...but it doesn't have to necessairly have to be the universal consensus.

Quote: I will admit tho that i like scott stapp as a singer, but hardly anything more than that. I respect his charity work, and i hope he flourishes as a solo artist because this world seems like its almost completely devoid of great rock bands.

See...you can say something nice...

Quote: But as a person, i think stapp is an asshole, and his "people" are the only ones that dont notice it because to them, he has this way of making everything he says sound like it was brought down off of mount siani on stone tablets.

you do assume a lot don't you? Do you know the man personally?...unless you do, you may get the IMPRESSION he is an asshole...but unless you know somebody you can't really make such a judgement, now can you?

Quote: Where as the AB fans have seen RESULTS already. Thats what it boils down to, results. Ive seen AB's, and now its time for stapp to own up.

how nice that AB fans have gotten their results and are satisfied...good for them...so now they can start askin' for what's next...gettin' antsey when they want new music...hearing the same songs over and over again.

On the other hand...stapp fans still have something to look forward to...as for "owining up" as you put it...not much longer...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 04-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #50
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well, i really hopes that he steps up to the plate, and if i like what i hear from him, i might buy his album, but im not getting my hopes up. When i first heard alter bridge, i will admit that i didnt like the vocals, and i thought my hopes were shot down. But when i listened to it more, it grew on me like a third penis, i really enjoyed the fact that it was there, and it was making others around me happy....lol

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #51
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
and i would just like to say, sorry for the morbid analogy, but i tend to make things up on the fly. and i dont have a second or third penis, it was a hypothetical situation...peace

::THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KEN::

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-17-2005, 09:40 PM   #52
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lmmfao!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:11 AM   #53
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) and i would just like to say, sorry for the morbid analogy, but i tend to make things up on the fly. and i dont have a second or third penis, it was a hypothetical situation...peace

::THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KEN::

Hey Ken, thanks for the clarification. I was about to ask for pictures.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #54
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
You didn't like the VOCALS?! The best part of AB is the vocals as far as I'm concerned... but oh well, to each his own.

And to those people who continue to defend Scott Stapp personally: This man has done NOTHING but give off the impression of an egotistical loser who is in compelte denial about his fan appeal, and who was such a jerk that he lsot his band because of it.

You are right. NONE of us know Scott personally. But THAT is the impression he gives, and if he doesn't LIKE that, then he should be doing EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER to make it seem more and more like he is just an idiot. Now that has nothing to do with music, and I will still buy his album if it is good. I don't think it WILL be, but if it is, I don't care if he is a Satan worshipper, its MUSIC for heaven's sake. But defending his character is ridiculous. You say we can't KNOW. Well, we can't, but EVERYTHING he has done inthe last few years points to him being a seriously screwed up dude, and while he may not be, it is his problem to correct that in the public's eyes. He got his image like this, now he has to change it.

Delaying his album by over a year is certainly not the way to do it.

Quote: The best has already come, in the form of Alter Bridge

Indeed.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:50 PM   #55
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And to those people who continue to defend Scott Stapp personally: This man has done NOTHING but give off the impression of an egotistical loser who is in compelte denial about his fan appeal, and who was such a jerk that he lsot his band because of it.

but that is your opinion/impression...which may or may not be shared by others. While I know the man has made mistakes...I've gotten over it long long long long ago. I don't know a human being on this earth who hasn't fucked up a time or two. It happens, life goes on, deal. Some of us can find it in us to forgive the mistakes of others..and go forward with a clean slate, and others can't. No biggie. You think the way you want, I'll think the way I want. You won't change my perspective, and I'll keep voicing it as I see fit....and I'm certainly not about to change yours or anyone else's, and I'm sure you will voice yours as well.

Quote: You are right. NONE of us know Scott personally. But THAT is the impression he gives

that is the impression he gives to some ...and to some it isn't. to each his own.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I just want to hear the music, dammit
Old 04-18-2005, 10:51 PM   #57
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I just want to hear the music, dammit
no further comments, your honor!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:18 AM   #58
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) in your opinion...
many of us find your opinions laughable as well, and find no need to post a smile saying such. who are you to laugh at the members of this board, then cry out when your opinions arent being properly "respected"?
and not just his opinion, many peoples opinion.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Whose truth?...Lith's?!...ummm, nope...he, like you and anyone else has the right to believe what you will...won't hold it against ya...but it doesn't have to necessairly have to be the universal consensus.
obviously, you will hold it against us, because as you have previously showed, you laugh at us, you patronize us, and totally disrespect anyone who has a differeing opinion from yours. and his opinion is that. his opinion. hes not forcing AB down your throat, but you would think that this being a board where only one criteria (from Creed, AB and Stapp) is actually active (AB), and one criteria is being currently supported, that you could either bide your time until Stapp deigns to release some trivial record (which is the feel im getting from the continually postponed release dates).

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) See...you can say something nice...
something i have yet to see from you about anyone who likes AB. or about AB. or about anything OTHER than Stapp.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) you do assume a lot don't you? Do you know the man personally?...unless you do, you may get the IMPRESSION he is an asshole...but unless you know somebody you can't really make such a judgement, now can you?
one, by assuming theyre assuming, youre assuming.
we've been over this. fact is fact. george washington was the first president of the united states, whether i met him or not. andrea yates murdered her children, whether i met her or not. having met someone or having known someone DOES NOT change the factual information of what they have or have not done. if looks like a duck and quacks liek a duck....pretty good rule of thumb, its a duck. yes there are exceptions. rarely, at i doubt it at this point.
Scott has given plenty of reasons for fans to be upset with him, and to lose patience. He has also yet to release a CD.
This, Ann, is called FACT.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) how nice that AB fans have gotten their results and are satisfied...good for them...so now they can start askin' for what's next...gettin' antsey when they want new music...hearing the same songs over and over again.

And Stapp fans have not? theyve had, what, one new song since the Creed breakup? theres a difference in patiently waiting for a record, and simply refusing to face the idea that maybe, possibly, there have been other reasons than excuses for the lack of a record, which, in all honesty, i applaud most of y'all with, i simply couldnt wait any longer, that and i wasnt all keyed up with that much anticipation anyways. if it ever comes out, i'll listen to it.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) On the other hand...stapp fans still have something to look forward to...as for "owining up" as you put it...not much longer...
and how is that "on the other hand"? AB didnt fall over when their CD was put out. we have plenty more to look foward to. again, i find it odd that you deem his CD far more imortant, if not omnipotent compared to ABs.

Ann, I'll be honest. I find your condescending tone and demeanor totally unnecessary. i cannot fathom what makes you come to this board, and pick on the members that like AB. please, explain it to me. there IS, beleive it or not a group of us do not like, or do not prefer stapp to AB, and yet, we do not treat you as you do us.
And when you respond to this (if you dont ignore it like the last one), if you would please return the favor i have paid you. leave out the cute smilies, the innuendos that we all get.
please, for ONCE, be completely open, and honest. i would much prefer that.
i, personally, would like to become a member of this board without having to worry if my opinion will be dissected and picked apart and hounded until i dont even feel like supporting it.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-19-2005, 12:30 AM   #59
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) many of us find your opinions laughable as well, and find no need to post a smile saying such. who are you to laugh at the members of this board, then cry out when your opinions arent being properly "respected"?
and not just his opinion, many peoples opinion.

obviously, you will hold it against us, because as you have previously showed, you laugh at us, you patronize us, and totally disrespect anyone who has a differeing opinion from yours. and his opinion is that. his opinion. hes not forcing AB down your throat, but you would think that this being a board where only one criteria (from Creed, AB and Stapp) is actually active (AB), and one criteria is being currently supported, that you could either bide your time until Stapp deigns to release some trivial record (which is the feel im getting from the continually postponed release dates).

something i have yet to see from you about anyone who likes AB. or about AB. or about anything OTHER than Stapp.

one, by assuming theyre assuming, youre assuming.
we've been over this. fact is fact. george washington was the first president of the united states, whether i met him or not. andrea yates murdered her children, whether i met her or not. having met someone or having known someone DOES NOT change the factual information of what they have or have not done. if looks like a duck and quacks liek a duck....pretty good rule of thumb, its a duck. yes there are exceptions. rarely, at i doubt it at this point.
Scott has given plenty of reasons for fans to be upset with him, and to lose patience. He has also yet to release a CD.
This, Ann, is called FACT.

And Stapp fans have not? theyve had, what, one new song since the Creed breakup? theres a difference in patiently waiting for a record, and simply refusing to face the idea that maybe, possibly, there have been other reasons than excuses for the lack of a record, which, in all honesty, i applaud most of y'all with, i simply couldnt wait any longer, that and i wasnt all keyed up with that much anticipation anyways. if it ever comes out, i'll listen to it.

and how is that "on the other hand"? AB didnt fall over when their CD was put out. we have plenty more to look foward to. again, i find it odd that you deem his CD far more imortant, if not omnipotent compared to ABs.

Ann, I'll be honest. I find your condescending tone and demeanor totally unnecessary. i cannot fathom what makes you come to this board, and pick on the members that like AB. please, explain it to me. there IS, beleive it or not a group of us do not like, or do not prefer stapp to AB, and yet, we do not treat you as you do us.
And when you respond to this (if you dont ignore it like the last one), if you would please return the favor i have paid you. leave out the cute smilies, the innuendos that we all get.
please, for ONCE, be completely open, and honest. i would much prefer that.
i, personally, would like to become a member of this board without having to worry if my opinion will be dissected and picked apart and hounded until i dont even feel like supporting it.

Amen, girl.

Last edited by Agent D : 04-19-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:41 AM   #60
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
AMBER:

I ABSOLOUTELY LOVE YOU, with all my heart, with all my soul.