++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-13-2005, 01:20 AM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Chase: lighten up, son. it's not bashing Stappy. it's just pointing out the irony in comments made a couple years ago. Marcos did not say "Stapp is a cock". His inference, by relating the comment to the current situation, would be more along the lines of "I mean, Mark left the band because Scott is such a cock." And I wouold thnk that we can all agree that Mark prolly doesn't think too highly of Scotty right now (and hasn't for the past year or two).

Old 04-13-2005, 09:14 AM   #17
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Scott is this and Alterbridge is that, this gets old and very childish. Dogstar has said this over and over again, appreciate the music not the person.This is why feelings get hurt. Kind of reminds me Stryper, yes Stryper they were around in the eighties and then in the early 90's broke up. Suffice to say they are back now with a new cd to come out really soon. I was on their website the other day and someone posted that it would be great to see Alterbridge and Stryper tour together. I think it would be awesome. Bash me if you must , that is my opinion.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 AM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Chase: lighten up, son. it's not bashing Stappy. it's just pointing out the irony in comments made a couple years ago. Marcos did not say "Stapp is a cock". His inference, by relating the comment to the current situation, would be more along the lines of "I mean, Mark left the band because Scott is such a cock." And I wouold thnk that we can all agree that Mark prolly doesn't think too highly of Scotty right now (and hasn't for the past year or two).

Lighten up? I'm sticking up for a guy who is constantly being kicked while he's down. What's wrong with that? It seems that you guys hardly give the guy a chance to prove himself. I'm not offended by Stapp bashing... I just find it to be in poor taste. It's like you guys won't give the guy a second chance or any redemption whatsoever. In my opinion... it's Mark's decision to prolong this feud (judging by his recent comments). At least Scott's making an attempt to find peace (judging by his recent comments). I just think he's an easy target... that's all I'm saying. But apparently because I stick up for the underdog... I have him on an altar and worship the ground he walks on and has a bottle of his sweat.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:39 AM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
There are plenty of us who would love to give the guy a second chance. We want the new music that he himself promised us. I'm very curious to hear his new stuff, but the delays have left some of us more than skeptical that we will ever hear it.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:07 AM   #20
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) There are plenty of us who would love to give the guy a second chance. We want the new music that he himself promised us. I'm very curious to hear his new stuff, but the delays have left some of us more than skeptical that we will ever hear it.

Amen sista Kerri! LEMME HEAR AN AMEN!

lol, sorry, just picking, but thats how i feel as well.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #21
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: But apparently because I stick up for the underdog... I have him on an altar and worship the ground he walks on and has a bottle of his sweat.

Chase....don't sweat it. (no pun intended lol) Apparently in some peoples minds....anyone who sticks up for an underdog should be tarred and feathered and nailed to a cross for God worshipping.

There are many who just simply call it compassion and respect...and the willingness to give others the benefit of the doubt. Some are pessimistic...some are optimistic. I choose to be optimistic. It's just my nature. But alas, not everyone is made of the same mold. (thank goodness, because I can't imagine being so negative all the damn time..what a drag) lol

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
It's funny you can stand being negative towards AB... lol!

but that's another story.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:21 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
Now now guys, can't we all just get along? Not everyone who defends Stapp is a Stapp worshipper; likewise, not everyone who defends Alter Bridge is an Alter Bridge worshipper. I don't think enough people think about that. Arguing about if Stapp's a good guy in his personal life or not is quite pointless because the fact is, NONE of us know Scott personally. I don't know him and I doubt that anyone on here knows the guy personally. As I've said, we think we know him, we think we know how he is(just based off of what some people say) but the truth is, we don't know for sure. For all we know, Scott is the nicest guy ever. Or the biggest jerk ever. Point is, it's really stupid to assume either way. I don't think Scott is the bad guy everyone makes him out to be, but I could be totally wrong about that. Who knows and it's pointless to act like you know for sure. It seems like almost every Stapp thread in this forum ends in an argument about how "he's such a jerk". Let's break the cycle and not have this thread end that same way.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #24
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) It's funny you can stand being negative towards AB... lol!

but that's another story.

Are you speaking to me Marco's? If so...please point out WHERE I have been negative towards AB on a personal level. I'll be sure to check back when you provide that evidence. So...because I'm not an AB groupie like most of ya on these bb's...I'm negative towards them? Did you know that I own the AB CD? Did you know that I actually listen to the AB CD? (although admittedly it's not a favorite of mine...but I do listen when I get time for music) Tell me...what else do you think you know about me? I DO NOT hero worship ANY BAND...like so many of you do, and that includes Scott Stapp. Get your facts straight dude.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:53 PM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Amen sista Kerri! LEMME HEAR AN AMEN!

lol, sorry, just picking, but thats how i feel as well.
You crack me up!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:58 PM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Lighten up? I'm sticking up for a guy who is constantly being kicked while he's down. What's wrong with that? It seems that you guys hardly give the guy a chance to prove himself. I'm not offended by Stapp bashing... I just find it to be in poor taste. It's like you guys won't give the guy a second chance or any redemption whatsoever. In my opinion... it's Mark's decision to prolong this feud (judging by his recent comments). At least Scott's making an attempt to find peace (judging by his recent comments). I just think he's an easy target... that's all I'm saying. But apparently because I stick up for the underdog... I have him on an altar and worship the ground he walks on and has a bottle of his sweat.
ok, here's the difference: you think Marcos (Bridge of Clay) was bashing Stapp; most everyone else posting in this thread doesn't. it'd be Stapp-bashing if he'd have said something to the effect of "god, stapp is such a fucknut for saying something without even thinking, he's just a douche-bag like fred durst!". but, did he say that? no. he merely provided a quote from Stapp a few years ago, and pointed out how it somewhat related to Stapp's current situation. if you want to be ultra-negative and call out every last remotely critical comment on Scott as Stapp-bashing, by all means, do. there are those of us who appreciate and, dare i say, enjoy observations, particularly when they are somewhat ironic in nature, so please don't ruin it for us.
additionally, i'd like to point out that this is the "Scott Stapp Talk" section of the forums, not the "Scott Stapp Appreciation" forum, so i would assume that critical insights of Mr. Stapp belong in this section over any other one on these boards.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #27
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) But apparently because I stick up for the underdog... I have him on an altar and worship the ground he walks on and has a bottle of his sweat.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Oneomerta) Chase....don't sweat it. (no pun intended lol) Apparently in some peoples minds....anyone who sticks up for an underdog should be tarred and feathered and nailed to a cross for God worshipping.

There are many who just simply call it compassion and respect

and that is the bottom line, "O"...people that are compassionate are also understanding and forgiving...something that has been lacking through this whole mess...no body seems willing to just let things drop and start over from square one.

I agree with you, i've always attempted to be optimistic...the negativity that all this crap generates is getting old.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 04-14-2005, 07:19 PM   #28
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) It seems that you guys hardly give the guy a chance to prove himself.

It's like you guys won't give the guy a second chance or any redemption whatsoever. In my opinion... it's Mark's decision to prolong this feud (judging by his recent comments). At least Scott's making an attempt to find peace (judging by his recent comments).
Hardly give the guy a second chance? We've been waiting for his solo stuff for WELL over a year and given the fact that August is the tentative date for his solo release, it'll be almost 2 full years that we've been waiting. I'd hardly call that 'hardly' giving the guy a second chance.

Sorry, I don't see now Mark's choosing to prolong this feud either.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) thread doesn't. it'd be Stapp-bashing if he'd have said something to the effect of "god, stapp is such a fucknut for saying something without even thinking, he's just a douche-bag like fred durst!". but, did he say that? no. he merely provided a quote from Stapp a few years ago, and pointed out how it somewhat related to Stapp's current situation. if you want to be ultra-negative and call out every last remotely critical comment on Scott as Stapp-bashing, by all means, do. there are those of us who appreciate and, dare i say, enjoy observations, particularly when they are somewhat ironic in nature, so please don't ruin it for us.

Exactly right, Ryan. (LMAO @ fucknut)

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:40 PM   #29
Chase
USER INFO »
The guy has been through hell and back and all you care about is his the release of his CD date. How would YOU feel if you were in one of the lowest points in your life and the only way to have your "fans" still support you is for you to NOT take time to fix your life and pop out a CD as fast as you possibly can?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:21 AM   #30
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
See, when you are a MUSICIAN, thats what you do. You dont leave your fans hanging without a single word about what you are doing. When you get into the scene, you should know what you are getting yourself into. When you are as famous as stapp, you have fans who expect to know whats going on with the new album, and he should know that, and keep his fans posted.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me