++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2002, 06:08 PM   #1
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Legalizing drugs- GO FOR IT!

I personally believe we should go for it...I do not remember the country- but it is european and they recently went to legalizing small drugs and it has done a world of difference. Suicide from drugs has gone down, murders, smuggling, arrests...etc are on the decline.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
jango
USER INFO »
Comparing a small european country with the gross national product found in my wallet to the United States or any other country of significant size and importance is not too wise.

Whether you do drugs or not, they cost this and many other countries, a tremendous amount of money that simply legalizing them wouldn't solve.

A better argument could be made that marijuana should be legalized but even that is a risky option.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 11-15-2002, 06:33 PM   #3
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Legalizing drugs. Now there's an irresponsible idea.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:25 PM   #4
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
dude iys switzerland and the only drugs they legalized are weed, shroom, acid, exstacy, speed, and other party drugs (i forget) and ironically they have the lowest rate a drug addicts.

i dont think that they should be legalized, dont have a reason why they shouldnt, but then again no one here has said a good dreason why they should. BUT i do believe that there should be responsability with legalization. there should be strict penalties just like DUI's and public intoxication.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:12 AM   #5
jedilee
USER INFO »
This has to be the stuppiest question I have ever seen. Hay I will do you one better, I will take you over to a Psy ward of any hospital and show you what drugs legal and illegal can do to a person mentally,physically and spiritually. You think your playing fun and games. Thats exactly what they want you to think. Oh it's harmless if it's in a controlled environment. I had a friend who thought the same thing so he would only do drugs around people he trusted. He is now dead of AIDS. It's not funny and I'm supprised at the amount of attention this is getting from you guy's
Maybe I'm little harsh because I have seen it first hand with my friend who is dead and gone now.

very confused with this thread
Old 11-16-2002, 09:13 AM   #6
Read JDM
USER INFO »
I wouldn't go as far as to say this question is "Stupid." It's "Libertarian," is what it is.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:21 AM   #7
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
JediLee was the drug your friend was on Heroine? Because that is not legalized in that country...

...and parts people where talking about being mentally, physically...etc sick. That is why I want to go for this. Look at there pyschiology department- about 1/5 of what ours is. There suicide rate DROPPED considerably after this. The murder for smuggling drugs DROPPED- what harm does this do except for.

1. Lowering the ammount of physcos that enter our facilities from drugs.

2. Dropping the suicide rate.

3. Dropping the murder rate.

Those all sound good to me?
Old 11-16-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Does it also drop the amount of automobile accidents and deaths due to drivers being under the influence?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-16-2002, 07:24 PM   #9
Read JDM
USER INFO »
We don't need to legalize drugs. Period. Parents have enough trouble raising their kids in this damned country as it is. We don't need someone selling drugs on the street corner legally, illegally or at all. Period. This is just another fine example of the twisted logic which Mick Jagger might call "Sympathy for the Devil," wherein you try to solve a problem by catering to the those who've caused it. It doesn't make things better. It only encourages matters to get worse. I mean, if there are far too many murders going on, and there are, then why not just make murder legal, too? And rape? And any other detestable thing you can think of? Come on, man. It's just plain wrong. Drink your beer if your 21, smoke your pot but do it carefully, and leave the rest as far from your doorstep as possible. Period.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:27 PM   #10
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Creeds#1
JediLee was the drug your friend was on Heroine? Because that is not legalized in that country...

...and parts people where talking about being mentally, physically...etc sick. That is why I want to go for this. Look at there pyschiology department- about 1/5 of what ours is. There suicide rate DROPPED considerably after this. The murder for smuggling drugs DROPPED- what harm does this do except for.

1. Lowering the ammount of physcos that enter our facilities from drugs.

2. Dropping the suicide rate.

3. Dropping the murder rate.

Those all sound good to me?

I am thoroughly convinced that you are the dumbest living thing.

Not only are you completely inane and idiotic, you are indeed an extremely selfish individual. You continually view this issue from your side of the world. Drugs are illegal because they are detrimental to the health of everyone involved. Drugs have the potential to ruin the brain, severely damage the body, as well as adversely affect behavior and personality.

If you don't do drugs, then you don't care, because it would (as you claim) reduce "phsycos" or psychos, as the normal world would spell it, and possibly reduce the murder rate. These things only benefit those not severely addicted to the drugs that are now free to be distributed and used. While the rest of society that struggles day in and day out with their own personal drug battles slump into obscurity, you feel just a bit more safe sleeping at night. You ought to be given an addiction you can't control, while constantly being faced with it.

When you legalize drugs in general, you reduce the cost to purchase the drug and drastically raise the availability of the drug. Where finance was once a cause to not to do drugs, availability will only elevate the addiction, causing further health problems to our society. From your selfish standpoint, you ought to see that much money is made and pumped into the economy through drugs. This money would be gone, while health costs would rise. Prohibition was successful in reducing these costs, but that's not what should be done.

The black market is not eliminated entirely with legalization. You still have death involved in illegal trafficking of drugs not specifically legalized. The aforementioned financial problems that deter drug users are coupled with fear from the law. Other drug czars across the world have feared the law that would not exist under your proposal. Between 40 and 50 percent are now in mandatory treatment. Where your proposal would heighten the illegal drug world, better restrictions would lower it.

While Switzerland, whose drug culture was weak in comparison to others, has enjoyed some decline, other countries have not. Similar countries with a much more liberal outlook on drugs have seen the number of drug addicts rise along with crime rates. Alternatively, countries with stricter policies have enjoyed just the opposite.

Any other moronic suggestions?
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 11-16-2002, 09:24 PM   #11
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by jango
I am thoroughly convinced that you are the dumbest living thing

Any other moronic suggestions?

YES the sun of a bitch is back!

God bless this man!

but to add to the subject, i am willing to bet that you are a stoner. i'll add to that and assume that you and your friends are hoping that yall will find a way to get high without being nraced on....
Old 11-16-2002, 09:24 PM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Read JDM
<b>We don't need to legalize drugs. Period. Parents have enough trouble raising their kids in this damned country as it is. We don't need someone selling drugs on the street corner legally, illegally or at all. Period. This is just another fine example of the twisted logic which Mick Jagger might call "Sympathy for the Devil," wherein you try to solve a problem by catering to the those who've caused it. It doesn't make things better. It only encourages matters to get worse. I mean, if there are far too many murders going on, and there are, then why not just make murder legal, too? And rape? And any other detestable thing you can think of? Come on, man. It's just plain wrong. Drink your beer if your 21, smoke your pot but do it carefully, and leave the rest as far from your doorstep as possible. Period. </b>

You are the man!!! Totally agree with ya!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-16-2002, 10:02 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Soooo good to have ya back, jango!
Old 11-16-2002, 11:50 PM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by jango
I am thoroughly convinced that you are the dumbest living thing.

What most of us have been thinking all along! Don't ever leave us Jango, you are the voice of reason!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-17-2002, 01:43 AM   #15
souldancer
USER INFO »
Riddlin is rampant in schools while the mothers take prozac and fathers down vicodine; then they all have their martinis - talk about legalized drugs! I have no problem with legalizing pot, what I have a problem with, is why we are not addressing the root of the problem as to why there is this NEED FOR SELF MEDICATION - that means, abusing drugs of all sorts, overeating and compulsive unhealthy behaviors. "What If" we actually contemplated what makes humans seek the need for escape and filling the empty holes in their lives.