++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2002, 12:02 AM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by weathered
hey guys be nice to him...hes just trying to proove that creed has more fans then PJ and that they are also better

That's cool, but he likes to fight, and it's not real nice, that's all. You can debate civilly without having to be nasty about. He raised a lot of hell on the other board and I just didn't want to see the return of that.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:13 PM   #17
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by RyanC316
Rock radio here in New York doesn't play Pearl Jam stuff.

What part of NY? And which stations? Because I live 10 minutes outside the city and I can't get away from Pearl Jam on the radio if I tried.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #18
jango
USER INFO »
Re: Pearl Jams on the decline and Creed is going up!

Quote: Originally posted by Creeds#1
<b>Here are some TRUE stats!

Statistically speaking, Pearl Jam has seen a steady declinesince the release of its sophomore album, "Vs.," in 1993, which sold 5.69 million copies, followed by 1994's "Vitalogy" (4.54 million), 1996's "No Code" (1.34 million), and 1998's "Yield" (1.48 million), according to SoundScan. To date, Pearl Jam's new album, "Binaural," has sold some 408,000 copies. &nbsp;

Where as Creed has been on a big UP-CLIMB! In comparison, Creed has sold 4.4 million copies of its 1997 debut, "My Own Prison," and has already sold 4 million in 8 months of the release of "Human Clay". There new album Weathered has sold over 8 million copies putting Creed over the 17 million selling list with THREE CD's. Something Pearl Jam hasnt done in FIVE albums... </b>

Ah, and sales figures and money is truly indicative of quality music. Gotcha.

Well then, run off now and listen to your Britney Spears cd... go ahead.

Britney Spears' combined platinum total is 26. Creed is 20. Go ahead, listen to Britney Spears, because after all, she is on the "up-climb," and when it comes to music and what's good, sales is all that matters.

After that, put in your favorite Backstreet Boys cd, because they're at 35.

Chase some BSB down with some good ol' N Sync at 26.

But not bands like Nirvana, who only managed 20 when you add the Unplugged album. They just don't stack up to BSB.

You truly are an idiot.

However, according to RIAA the following is true:

Pearl Jam:
Ten - 11
Vitalogy - 5
Vs. - 7
_______

Creed:
MOP - 10
HC - 5
W - 5
_______

It appears that Creed is also on their way out as well. So yes, Pearl Jam has done that in THREE albums, better than Creed. But does it matter? No. Why? Because PJ's music is better, and statistics mean nothing when discussing art.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 11-15-2002, 05:07 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO, Jango. It's true, numbers don't equal quality. There is so much garbage that sells 100 times more than the truly good music, such as the ones you mentioned above. There's no accouting for taste, that's for sure.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:43 PM   #20
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Re: Pearl Jams on the decline and Creed is going up!

Quote: Originally posted by jango
Ah, and sales figures and money is truly indicative of quality music. Gotcha. &nbsp;

Well then, run off now and listen to your Britney Spears cd... go ahead. &nbsp;
sales is all that matters.
You truly are an idiot.

It appears that Creed is also on their way out as well. &nbsp;and statistics mean nothing when discussing art.

Jango, you truly speak your mind and that is a very admirable quality. And might I add, that you were kind in your post, considering the entire thread was meant to bait you. Kudos! As always, you have my respect.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-15-2002, 06:06 PM   #21
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
Heres a fact- before you spout of your mouth check the stats- PJ at the highest is at 19 mill and creed is at 27
Old 11-15-2002, 06:20 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Creeds#1, give up the fantasy, you can't win, resistance is futile!
Old 11-15-2002, 06:22 PM   #23
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
lmao
Old 11-15-2002, 06:24 PM   #24
jango
USER INFO »
Well, I'm getting my stats from the RIAA which certifies the albums. I suggest you check those.

Regardless... stats and figures mean nothing. Crappy bands have sold a lot. Get over it.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 11-16-2002, 03:15 AM   #25
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Quote: Robocop had this to say about RyanC316 and DangerousDan85
27 million is wha?
Well I was under the impression that the RIAA certifications, ie. platinum, gold etc, were about how many CDs were shipped. Thats why you get some people saying Creed SOLD something like 6 million copies of Human Clay. Shipping and selling are two different things.

Quote: www.RIAA.com came out of the closet to say:
RIAA's certification levels are based on unit shipments

For the number of titles sold, you might wanna check soundscan.

Which I just did now, and it looks like Human Clay is at 10.2 million from soundscan, so I just don't know what to think.

And for those interested, according to Soundscan (possilby out of date though),

Code:
My Own Prison &nbsp;5.63 Human Clay &nbsp;10.20 Weathered &nbsp; 4.70 _______________________________________ Total &nbsp; 20.53 Ten &nbsp; 8.75 VS &nbsp; 5.75 Vitalogy &nbsp; 4.60 No Code &nbsp; 1.36 Yeild &nbsp; 1.52 Binaural &nbsp; 0.70 _______________________________________ Total &nbsp; 22.68
Old 11-16-2002, 11:17 AM   #26
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, is it REALLY that important? I don't know about the rest of you all, but several months ago after Jango joined the bb and he and I were in a disagreement, I believe we found that agreeing to disagree worked best for us. It wasn't that hard for us to do, can't we have that as the rule of thumb? Or do we have to keep having this same inane argument?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-16-2002, 01:13 PM   #27
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
NO KIDDING SAID EYES!!! You made my point- Look at there first 3, albums. We beat them...

In SIX albums- yes they beat us! But they have THREE more!
Old 11-16-2002, 02:35 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Wow, is it REALLY that important? I don't know about the rest of you all, but several months ago after Jango joined the bb and he and I were in a disagreement, I believe we found that agreeing to disagree worked best for us. It wasn't that hard for us to do, can't we have that as the rule of thumb? Or do we have to keep having this same inane argument?

Amen.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:27 PM   #29
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Creeds#1
NO KIDDING SAID EYES!!! You made my point- Look at there first 3, albums. We beat them...

In SIX albums- yes they beat us! But they have THREE more!

I'd love to agree to disagree, put this disgrace of a human being keeps posting bs like this.

First, who is 'we'? You don't make the music.

Second, there's NO competition.

Sales figures does not equal talent.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:32 PM   #30
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
Jango- your head is upp your ***! What do you think YOU STAND HERE WITH ME is about...at almost every concert Scott Stapp talks about how the fans are as much as the band as they are....get a clue jackass