++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-06-2004, 08:58 AM   #46
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) .

I saw something in the parking lot of our grocery store today, and I was really pleased. It was a sign that said "HEAT KILLS", and a dog on it. I've never seen one before, and I think it is a great thing to remind pet owners, that animals can't be left in their cars for even a short period.

I rescued a dog on a car one time, and it was so hot when I entered the car to get the dog out, I couldn't even breath. I'm not sure to this day how that poor baby was able to survive. Her leash was caught between the seats, and she couldn't even get to the windows for cooler air.

whitebird, I think that sign is AWESOME!! I've never seen one myself but I hate it when I see dogs in cars. It makes me so sad and angry at the same time and good for you for helping out that dog.

Saxon, I love that story about Casey. She sounds a lot like our cat, Angel. She has such a personality and when we talk to her, she meows back to us almost all the time. I have some pictures of her. I'll have to look into posting them.

Relearn Love
Old 07-06-2004, 10:23 AM   #47
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
I loved reading all these pet stories. Whitebird, I can't believe that women said that to you. The nerve!

I have three wonderful pets and many surrogate pets that live with family. I always help out when mom and dad or Aunt Barbie goes away taking care of their animals so , I just consider them mine as well.

I have two male cats, Xander and Giles and I have a Labrador,shepard, sher-pei mix. Yes, he is very interesting looking. His name is T-Bone. (yes, for all you moms out there , we got his name from Clifford) T-bone is still a puppy so he has quite a wild side. My kitties on the other hand are very much like my kitty Kiwi who I lost about a year ago. I got her right before I found out I was pregnant with Amanda. She was still so young when I lost her to cancer in her throat. She was only 9. She was the sweetest kitty I have ever had. The only female in the litter and very much the leader of the pack. She slept on my head for the first few months I had her and soon loved laying next to my huge pregnant stomach which she continually meowed out when it kicked her. She could be the most loving cat one minute and run away from you the next. It was very hard when we lost her and she got very sick very fast. Sara was only a few months old when we finally had to put her to sleep. Shortly after we got Xander and Giles. Xander has her sweet loving side and Giles has her leave me alone attitude. It's funny how her personality is split between the two of them. I have a huge picture of her on my frig and we planted a beautiful clematis in the backyard for her. My mother gave her the name Kiwi because when she was little my mom thought she was ugly. She was a very pretty calico with many different colors and she was HUGE!!! I love big fat fluffy cats.

As far as the shedding is concerned, I used to live with my sister(a fate I would not wish on my worst enemy!!) and she had a Labrador, chow mix dog named Bear. I loved this animal. He was the sweetest dog you would ever meet. I had to vacuum everyday because he shed so much. Big balls of black hair, OMG it was horrible. I didn't care, as a matter of fact if I could have I would have sneaked the dog out and brought him with me. That's how much I loved him.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "

Last edited by SCOTTSMYMAN : 07-06-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:36 AM   #48
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Awwwww, I'm sorry about your Kiwi...what a cute name for a cat, though! That's wild about how your new cats each have a little of Kiwi in them. I love these animal stories!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:42 AM   #49
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) That woman's a %^$(#! I love animals. I know Dan loves goats lol. I mean... hmmmm. I can't seem to remember why I was responding to this. Anyway, I wouldn't give up my pets for anything!

H-D
Sweetness I agree with you.....
Old 07-06-2004, 09:48 PM   #50
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
sorry about your kitty Kiwi, it's hard to lose a pet. I just find that so strange that a cat would sleep on someone's head, but I've read several stories that people's cat's have done that. My cat sleeps on my feet in the winter time, you can feel him purring all through the matress. (sp?)
LOL at the big black balls of fur on the carpet, we have big white balls of fur from when the cats get on the floor and roll around! My mom wants them to live outside because of the fur, but that's how my Sally got killed, so they stay in, and go out to play sometimes.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-07-2004, 11:26 PM   #51
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
who here has eaten chicken??

Have you ever seen how they treat/abuse those poor chicken

YOUR ALL SICK BASTARDS

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 07-07-2004, 11:53 PM   #52
creedlover16
USER INFO »
I have seen animals slaughtered when i use to libe in TN. I actually became a vegetarian 3 months ago because i think it wrong to kill animal, even though meat is good!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 AM   #53
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) i love chicken!!
We know you do.

I am a vegetarian simply because the thought of eating a dead animal made me want to throw up, I just suddenly went off meat and have never looked back since. Meat's disgusting.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 07-08-2004, 03:04 PM   #54
whitebird
USER INFO »
I am a vegetarian too.

I love all these stories, and I am not really surprised, hearing all the love you have for your pets. I have always believed that people that are caring, and giving to animals, are able to carry that over to people.

I'll post more stories too, and look forward to hearing more of yours.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:31 PM   #55
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Its called the food chain people and this is how it works

Humans > Every animal
That lion wouldnt think TWICE about eating your little sister or EXC. We must kill them before they can kill us!

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 07-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #56
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I mainly eat just chicken, fish, turkey, and some ground beef I don't really like cooking with the beef just cuz it looks gross, but I love fish and chicken
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-10-2004, 03:57 PM   #57
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I like chicken because it's dry meat, I don't like jucy stuff, I don't know why though. Fish is good too. My parents cook alot of beef, so it's kinda hard for me not to eat it!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-10-2004, 05:46 PM   #58
whitebird
USER INFO »
When I was growing up, we got a dog. A free puppy from a Dairy Queen. (icecream store)

Her favorite trick was to steal the soft fabric slipper from my Mother's foot, and run around the house shaking it. When it was returned, it had to be washed, as it was greatly loved and very spitty. She died many years ago, and I will remember her always.

When I was in the position to get my own dog, and had my own home, we got a black lab. She was my friend, protector, and joy.

When she was just a young pup, I took her to my parents house. Running over to my Mother, she gently took my Mother's slipper in her mouth by the heal, removed the lower portion of the slipper, then took the slipper by the toe, and slipped it off her foot. This was the same technique used by my first dog. Running off to shake the dickens out of it, I smiled at her and looked at my Mother. Her jaw had dropped, and she turned to me and asked "When did you teach her that?" I replied "I didn't Mom, you know I always go barefoot".

I had always told her that I thought my black lab, was my first dog who had come in to my life for a second time, but my Mother didn't believe in the possibility.

I think she considered the idea after that day. I have no doubts. My beautiful black lab passed away a few years ago. I also have little Molly who reminds me of the only other dog I grew up with. Nikki, my second black lab has funny little habits just like my sister's dog, who lived with us for a time in her life, and I believe has come back into my life again.

I love the idea that my animals have remained in my life, I know some may consider this idea strange, but I don't, not after what I have experienced.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #59
Sheila63
USER INFO »
whitebird, what wonderful stories. It sounds like you have had some very special pets.

Relearn Love
Old 07-12-2004, 06:00 PM   #60
whitebird
USER INFO »
Hi Sheila, thanks I think so too. Several of our wonderful pets have been abandoned by other people. Our bird was probably turned loose outside because someone no longer wanted it. Our vet told us that this happens all the time. If we had not found her, she would have starved to death, the other birds would have killed her, or she would have died in the cold of winter.

Our little dog Molly was abandoned by her first owner. Our cat was rescued by us as a stray. Our other bird was also found loose, and we adopted her at the humane society.

I can't believe these wonderful little lives were considered throw aways. I have received so much love from them. They have been my joy.

I would love to see pictures of your cat Angel too, and tell us a kitty story to go along with them, please?