++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-18-2004, 03:13 PM   #31
Frankie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) So... following your logic I'm guessing you believe that Stapp should stick to only writing poetry? Isn't that what lyrics without music or melody are?

Michael

Actually because it was Scott's words and voice that drew me to Creed in the first place...and is what has kept me a Creed fan all of these years...if that is what Scott chooses to do...it would be perfectly fine with me.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:33 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) Am I the only one who finds it interesting that almost everyone's favorite Creed CD...MOP...lyrics were almost entirely written by Scott?
Tells me maybe someone needs to stick to playing the guitar.

Sits back and waits for all mark fans to change their mind about what their favorite Creed album is.

It's actually the music part that makes MOP my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love the lyrics, but it was Mark's riffs and melodies and vibes from those tunes that drew me in.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:56 PM   #33
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It's actually the music part that makes MOP my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love the lyrics, but it was Mark's riffs and melodies and vibes from those tunes that drew me in.

Ditto for me. I still remember the first time I heard My Own Prison on Lazer 103 here in Milwaukee... I was sitting in my room doing homework or something and had the radio on low. All of a sudden I just started focusing on the song on the radio and heard the last verse of My Own Prison. The guitars and drums in the song drew me in. Then I spent the next several hours trying to figure out what the song was and who sang it. Finally got the answer when it was played again later that evening.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-18-2004, 05:03 PM   #34
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Ditto for me. I still remember the first time I heard My Own Prison on Lazer 103 here in Milwaukee... I was sitting in my room doing homework or something and had the radio on low. All of a sudden I just started focusing on the song on the radio and heard the last verse of My Own Prison. The guitars and drums in the song drew me in. Then I spent the next several hours trying to figure out what the song was and who sang it. Finally got the answer when it was played again later that evening.

Now how can you focus on your homework if you had your radio on? What a bad example for the youth on this board, Steve!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:42 PM   #35
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
haha well that was one of the few rare occasions I actually did homework so...

Old 01-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #36
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
LOL!!!

I know! I quit doing homework on 5th grade... but if the teacher asked for something big, I'd copy from someone before his class started! oops!
Old 01-18-2004, 06:49 PM   #37
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
I'm being serious here too.. just like you said, I never had homework from 6th grade to 12th grade, except for stupid essays or take home tests. All normal assignments I finished in class so I never had regular homework

But anyway, now that we've drifted off topic... let's bring this back to the topic at hand!

Old 01-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #38
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) Actually because it was Scott's words and voice that drew me to Creed in the first place...and is what has kept me a Creed fan all of these years..
ditto that for me!!
Old 01-18-2004, 08:31 PM   #39
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
MICHAEL,

I was thinking a bit and came up with a good name (at least in my opinion), did a little research and it's not taken... how can I send it to you without making it public on a message board?

We could work it through Steve (webmaster of CreedFeed) in case you're interested.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:17 PM   #40
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Uhhh yeah...Marcos, why don't you just share it with us
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-19-2004, 01:02 AM   #41
hide
USER INFO »
I believe Mark and Scott need to dabble in the areas that are not their tradtional strengths or their growth as musicians will be much slower. The really great bands I feel don't have the setup Creed currently has with only two songwriters, one for lyrics and one for music. While you don't want a circus of songwriters it needs to be more then Stapp-Lyrics and Tremonti-Music.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:53 PM   #42
hide
USER INFO »
Michael is it all possible to answer these two questions, I can perfectly understand if you don't want to touch the second one.

Do you know who has written the various spoken parts in Creed's songs?
Can you tell us whom this singer resembles vocally? I'll throw up some names for comparsion Maynard James Keenan, Chris Cornell, James Hetfield.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:37 PM   #43
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
1) I'm not sure what you mean in this question. Are you talking about lyrics? I'm not sure about every single lyric. I only know about most songs because I had heard most of them before they were brought to Scott to finish. Some, Mark had no lyrics or melody ideas only music. An example would be Bullets. Mark had the music but no lyrics and had no idea how the song should be sung so Scott did all of that. On the opposite spectrum is One Last Breath. Mark had all the lyrics, music and vocal melodys done for that song. Scott kept Mark's lyrics and vocal melody's for the chorus and the bridge but rewrote the verses lyrically(some of my fav lyrics by the way). I'm not going to go into every song and I used two examples which are extremes in both directions. Most songs had more of a middle ground.

2) Between the three guys you mentioned(Keenan, Cornell and Hetfield) the new singer sounds closest to Cornell. Happy?

Michael
Old 01-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #44
hide
USER INFO »
thanks heaps for the reply hopefully i'm not looking needy here but i was refering to the spoken parts as in the ones in "The world breathes and out forms this misconception we call man" etc:

Has Mark used any of the lryics that were orignally in his versions of One Last Breath, Hide etc: About the singer that has me very happy indeed, even if he is half as good as Cornell this will be brillant. Chris Cornell for me is the greatest vocalist ever and that includes Robert Plant and any other of the greats that can be named.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #45
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
That spoken part in Say I was 100% Stapps idea and lyrics.

Michael