++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #1
rylohnes
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Go 'Stros (Astros)

Hopefully the deadbirds and their classless fans will get what they deserve. See ya Jim (jog to the ball, catch it, and then fall down) Edmonds. See ya Tony (Crybaby) Larussa.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:08 AM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
a bit premature, are we?
classless fans, are we? when did you jump on the Houston bandwagon? how about the Chubs bandwagon? 2003? 1998? If I'm not mistaken, it's we Cardinals fans who have a greater reputation for being "The Best Fans in Baseball" (where do I begin counting the number of times I've heard it, from players & commentators alike?). I'm pretty sure we don't have a group of fans known collectively as "Bleacher Bums"
a catch is a catch, no matter how you make it
LaRussa, a crybaby? you're absolutely right: crying has vaulted him into the top 10 managers of all-time in terms of wins
God, I hoped you love seeing Pujols stand there for a good few seconds after he jacked the shit out of that ball

Old 10-19-2005, 03:00 AM   #3
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rylohnes) Hopefully the deadbirds and their classless fans will get what they deserve. See ya Jim (jog to the ball, catch it, and then fall down) Edmonds. See ya Tony (Crybaby) Larussa.

Why is Pujols always walking to first base after he hits a homerun? Will it kill him to actually jog? Steriods are a beautiful thing...

Last edited by Chase : 10-19-2005 at 03:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I don't think St. Louis fans are classless. I've been to a couple of games in St. Louis and the fans were great. They were very friendly. At one game, I sat next to a very old woman and we chatted and bought each other beers. She was wicked cool!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #5
Chase
USER INFO »
You want to talk about shitty fans? lol Dodger fans are the worst in baseball. Everytime they play in San Diego... they come down from L.A. are start fights with Padre fans. And for football... Raider fans are horrible. They're like Dodger fans times 10. They can't sit there and enjoy the game... they try to start brawls and are constantly screaming "F*ck the Chargers!!!" All this is in our OWN stadium.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Eagles fans are even worse. They travel in packs to other stadiums and try to take the places over. They are brutal at home, too. Always fights. At the old Vet, they had a friggin court underneath the stadium because it always got too crazy with fights and all. NUTS, I tell ya.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »
Yeah... I hear horror stories about Philly sports fans. I have a grandmother from South Philly, but I still haven't been out there. When I do... I would like to go catch a Phillies game.

Anyway... congrats to the Astros on becoming National League champs. Also, the Cards should be proud of themselves... they played flawlessy against my Padres and still played well against Houston. I'm happy to see some new teams in the World Series... it should be interesting.

Last edited by Chase : 10-19-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:13 AM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Yeah... I hear horror stories about Philly sports fans. I have a grandmother from South Philly, but I still haven't been out there. When I do... I would like to go catch a Phillies game.
Phillies fans aren't too bad to the visiting fans unless you are a Braves or Mets fans, then all bets are off . They boo at the drop of a hat, though .
Old 10-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
well, congrats Houston... you'uns played yer asses off the final month or 2, and I guess that's when it really counts, not over the whole season... still amazing to think that they were 1 loss away from staying home this year... and from a St. Louis fan's perspective, I'd say it's time for Larry, Reggie, & Jimmy to retire... too old, and they just didn't come thru for us this year (esp. Walker... that pisses me off a fair amount).

Old 10-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Houston did kick ass in the second half. The Astros had the best record in the NL after like May or something. It was sick. To think the Phillies almost made the wild-card! Good luck to them. That franchise hasn't even been in the World Series, so I hope they do well and win it all!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:00 PM   #11
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) well, congrats Houston... you'uns played yer asses off the final month or 2, and I guess that's when it really counts, not over the whole season... still amazing to think that they were 1 loss away from staying home this year... and from a St. Louis fan's perspective, I'd say it's time for Larry, Reggie, & Jimmy to retire... too old, and they just didn't come thru for us this year (esp. Walker... that pisses me off a fair amount).

Well... Walker retired like he should have, but Reggie proved how valuable he is during the playoffs. I don't think he's done by any means, or Edmonds I suppose. I just feel bad for Walker, he just looked old and tired out there... I've always liked him thoughout the years.

And you know what... this is the first time the World Series has come to the state of Texas. It's nice to see some new teams in the fall classic. So good luck to the ChiSox and the 'Stros.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:33 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
Reggie did well his first 4 games, then fell flat in the last 5... only Pujols & Eckstein did anything substantial in Games 2-6

Old 10-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #13
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i have to agree here...dodgers fans are the worst. i'm a dodger fan and when i go to games i've had other dodger fans try and pick a fight with me...wtf?!?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:17 PM   #14
Chase
USER INFO »
Yeah... totally. The fans (not you, you're cool lol)... are who really make me dislike the Dodgers. It's like the make the drive to San Diego JUST to pick fights.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:59 AM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
I love Dodger dogs! Went there this past winter (they've got a shop @ Universal studios out in LA), and got a burger w/ chili & tomato... best restaurant burger i've ever had, and it wasn't terribly expensive either.