++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
God's Forsaking of Christ?

I don't know if we can say this is one of the hardest subjects for people to deal with, because it certainly doesn't really cause too many people to doubt or have any issues with their faith, that I know of. At the same time, it's probably one of the most misunderstood and even unfortunately mistaught concepts of the Crucifixion. Many people have this idea that Jesus took on all the sins of the world on that cross, and that at that moment God could not look upon Him and did forsake Him, but just for that moment. But let's think about a few things here and shoot a few holes in that theory.

What does it say in Matthew 1:23 that He would be called? It says He would be called Emmanuel, which is to say "God with us" John 1:1 says that the Word was with God and the Word was God, and the John 1:14 says the Word was made flesh and dwelt among them (again, God with us) and mentions Him as the only begotten. Who could that be? You know who it is, it's Jesus Christ. What did Jesus Himself say in John 14:9? He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father. Why is that? Because He is the Father. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are 3 offices or roles making up the same entity in God. How can God forsake Himself? Read Hebrews 2:9-14 and you see the whole point of the First Advent. It went down exactly as it was supposed to and those who would claim that Jesus took on shame or became briefly imperfect or blemished on that cross should be ashamed themselves, for their ignorance to believe that for even one second. Because it is ignorance to believe something like that. It's ok, we've all been in ignorance. But let's learn some truth from God's Word, because hopefully when you see this, you'll understand what Christ was actually doing, which was teaching and quoting scripture.

Matthew 27:46 "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" That is to say, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

Now, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani is Hebrew, although "Eli" is Aramic. Now it's basically a Greek speaking group of people, as the New Testament was of course written in Greek. So why would Jesus cry out in Hebrew?

Do you know who cried out "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani"? David did, in that great 22nd Psalm.

Psalm 22:1 "My God My God, why hast thou forsaken Me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?"

That looks familiar, does it not? You see, David felt forsaken by God when he penned this psalm. But then a beautiful thing happens. In the midst of all of what was going on with David, God used him to describe the very actions and words that would be said by some on that Crucifixion day. My friends, that can not be faked or manipulated. The only way it can come to pass is for God Himself to arrange it.

Psalm 22:8 "He trusted on the Lord that He would deliver him: Let Him deliver Him, seeing He delighted in him."

What were the mockings of the chief priests?

Matthew 27:43 "He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now, if He will have Him: for He said, 'I am the Son of God'."

Then that 22nd Psalm continues describing many things in detail from His bones being out of joint to His hands and feet being pierced to them casting lots for his vesture. So many skeptics and doubters say all those things happened to David, when we have a play by play account, so to speak, in the gospels confirming that it's happening to Jesus Christ, with Jesus Christ even speaking it as He hung on that cross. David himself was also a prophet as it states in Acts 2:30. He would know even that the Messiah would be one of his descendants, coming from that seed line, his seed line. So why would it be such a stretch to say that David is describing Christ's Crucifixion?

Let's consider a couple more verses from that 22nd Psalm. You know, through the midst of all the bad and the suffering and the vivid description of torment, it ends well. Kind of like everything else does in this world with God. You can be going through some of the worst trials, the worst tribulations, and the worst heartache imaginable. But if you stay with God, if you trust in God, it's going to end well. Always remember this verse.

Psalm 22:24 "For He hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Neither hath He hid His face from him; But when he cried unto Him, He heard."

Don't you ever think that God forsook or ignored Jesus on that cross. Don't you ever think that He doesn't hear you when you cry out. He keeps the very prayers of the saints bottled up, saved up, as it stipulates in Revelation 5:8. If you don't have an answer to your prayer, right away, there's a reason for it. I guess the question is, do you have the faith and maturity to understand and accept that? It's tough sometimes... believe me, I know. But if you earnestly and sincerely cry out to Him out of love and faith, even out of desperation, if you're sincere, don't you ever think He doesn't hear. And again, don't ever think He forsook Christ on that cross, because it did not happen.

Psalm 22:31 "Thy shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a People that shall be born, That He hath done this."

Do you know what "That He hath done this" translates to in the Greek? It is finished! That's the last verse of the 22nd Psalm, and it was the last thing spoken by Christ on that cross. From "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani" to "it is finished", or "He hath done this". The entire 22nd Psalm spoken on that cross by Jesus... giving documentation to anyone with eyes to see, ears to hear, and anyone who would believe that Jesus was the Messiah... certainly never forsaken on that cross by God, but rather glorified in righteousness, the only one worthy to pay that price for one and all, both defeating and destroying death to all and for all who would believe.

Jason
Old 11-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: God's Forsaking of Christ?

PRAISE JESUS Jerm 32>27 And 28 BEHOLD The Days Will Come The Lord Said I will Sow The House Of Israel And The House Of Judah With The Seed Of Man And With Seed Of The Beast PRAISE JESUS Oh Death Where Is Thy Grave, And It Shall Come To Past That Like As I Have Whatched Over Theme To Pluck Up And To Break Down And To Throw Down And To Destroy And To Afflict So Will I Watch Over Theme To Build And To Plant Saith The Lord PRAISE JESUS Luke 24 >44> HE did speak of himself In The Great Commission PRAISE JESUS About David AND About Moses And All The Prophets Before Him And The Prophet JOHN The Babtist Said One Will Come After Me Whos Shoes I,am Not Worthy Of Who shall babtised ya with The Holy Ghost And With Fire WHICH Is The Word Of God These Are The Words which i spake unto you while i was yet with you That All Things Must Be Fulfilled Which Were Written In The Law Of Moses And in the prophets and in The Psalms Concering Me DAINEL Said In chapter 12 brother Verse 4 The Word Of God Came To Him It Was A Time Of Great Warfare As We Our Seeing And Fighting Today GLORY TO GOD He Told Dainel To Shut Up And Seal For We Would NEED The Truth In These Times Praise JESUS Even To The Time Of The End And The Word Tells Us Many Shall Run To And Fro And Knowlge Shall Be Increased And The Law Would Be Through The Word Of God JESUS CHRIST Amen Im A Thankfull HE NEVER Lied GLORY I,am MAKING ALL THINGS NEW AGAIN for the afflicted and lost and forsaken The Word Tells Us HE Never Leaves Us Or Forsakes Us WE Do when we hold the word of God Even In Dark Times We Hold Him and those hours at calvary were dark till it passed GLORY TO GOD can you imagine for just one momeant all that you believed and sufferd for In Doubt Was Gone PRAISE YA JESUS And The Tormeant Getting There IT WAS FAITH AND TRUST And The Truth That Saved Us And Overcame All Things And Because Of Him We ARE STRONG To Have That One On One Relationship With God And He Surley Hears Us When We Call And Cry Out In Truth GAL, Tell Us God Will Incline His Ears From The Prayers Of The Fools BUT Will Bind Up The Broken And Will Hear When We Call
Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: God's Forsaking of Christ?

Wonderfull Post Jason Acts 14>27 15>3 1 Cor>4>17 14,4,23,3 John 9 Matt 16>18 Acts Ch 2, 4,7 1 Cor 14>4,16>19 Eph 1>22 Eph 3,10 Acts 20>28 Romans 16>16 Timothy 3.5 PRAISE JESUS THE CORNER STONE Refernence Scriptures Hope i got all those down correctly There Is Something From The REV Brother Call The Midnight Cry PRAISE Jesus He Will Not Incline His Ears From The Supplications That At One Time Was Taboo Or You Could,nt Say That Or Wear That Or Do This Those Days When Many Said Brother I Cant Serve You Lord Because Im Not Perfect I Smoke And I Have Probleams My Brother Is Gay Just Using That For Example GLORY TO GOD JESUS Said Come Unto Me Naked And I Will Cloth You Come Unto Me Hungry I Will Feed You COME UNTO Me Thirsty And Ye Will Drink Come Unto Me Heavey Burden For The Word Is Heavey GLORY TO GOD And I Will Give You Rest With All These Things GLORY TO GOD And Victory Is Proclamied By One Truth One Way One Life AND THATS JESUS CHRIST Peace Be With You Jason