++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #76
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: More trouble for Scott Stapp

Yeah seriously that's what I was going to say... I mean... if Stapp has any idol-worshippers left... no amount of posts is gonna change that now... lol
Old 02-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #77
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yeah seriously that's what I was going to say... I mean... if Stapp has any idol-worshippers left... no amount of posts is gonna change that now... lol

If you're wondering if Stapp has idol-worshippers left......*points to PBF*.

And for the record, I am still a fan of Stapp's music. But I can't defend him anymore.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #78
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

I think I'd literally die if I went to PBF... lol
Old 02-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #79
titan9
USER INFO »

Being someone who reads the PBF board on a regular basis(but I do not post all that often because, well, I don't know if my true feelings on Stapp-related things would be, uh, welcomed there )...yes, Uncertain, you would die if you went to PBF. You'd have a minor heart attack as soon as you saw the frontpage. And once you went to the forums, registered, and read some of the posts......you'd have a fatal heart attack. It wouldn't be pretty at all.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #80
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) i know gays are people to, but when a friend of yours suddenly announce he/she is gay doesent your openion or view of them change?
No, not at all. I have two friends who's bi, (both guys), and I'm 100% alright with it. I mean... If they haven't fallen in love with me in about 2 years, (I've known them both for that long), why should they fall in love with me now? And come on... It's pretty much the same deal for one of your girl friends falls in love with you. Either way it's your friend.

In some ways I wish I was bi. I'm not though, but I think it's a beautiful way to live. You don't only see the outside and the sex. You see what's on the inside and you love the person for that. Being hetro is much more superficial. Anyway... Enough of that...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) You know... I always love your posts...
Yeah well... That's me!

Oh, and by the way... Maybe it's time for Jaclyn to divorce Scott soon? I'm not gonna turn this tradgedy into a bet, but I honestly expect them to be divorced, at least, by the end of this year. We'll have to wait and see, though.

-Peace

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 02-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #81
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Being someone who reads the PBF board on a regular basis(but I do not post all that often because, well, I don't know if my true feelings on Stapp-related things would be, uh, welcomed there )...
I do the same. There is no room there for actual debate.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #82
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I do the same. There is no room there for actual debate.

Exactly!!!!! Not even have the interest to go there lately...(everything Stapp does is okay and beautiful... ) and consider... that... I'm Ana4Stapp...lol...lol ...lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 02-21-2006, 11:28 AM   #83
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Exactly!!!!! Not even have the interest to go there lately...(everything Stapp does is okay and beautiful... ) and consider... that... I'm Ana4Stapp...lol...lol ...lol

Actually that may have been true up until recently. There has been some debate over the tape. I enjoy reading through the post there anyway. You have to admit it is a Fan site... you can't expect to go there and see someone bash Stapp. Both this site and that site have their advantages. I think this site has a lot more Stapp bashers than it does Stapp fans.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #84
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Actually that may have been true up until recently. There has been some debate over the tape. I enjoy reading through the post there anyway. You have to admit it is a Fan site... you can't expect to go there and see someone bash Stapp. Both this site and that site have their advantages. I think this site has a lot more Stapp bashers than it does Stapp fans.

Amen to that!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #85
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Amen to that!

It amazes me that so many of you Stapp haters were ever Creed fans.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #86
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

That is not true at all. If you were a member here back during the Weathered tour, you'd see how many true Stapp fans there are. A great many of us are still here and to be completely truthful, we just got tired of trying to defend his actions time and time again. If it seems as though we are bashing him now, it's only because for so long, we tried to come up with excuses for his behaviour, I suppose we all wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. But over the course of time, we (and I don't want to say I speak for everyone, but at least for some) grew tired of defending, excusing and explaining his actions and saw the truth in how messed up his life actually is. So if it appears that we are Stapp bashers now, it's not without good reason.

I for one, would like to see him live, but I can't get a ticket to Borgata, and given the recent developments in California, I'd be afraid that the show would either be postponed or canceled.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #87
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Actually that may have been true up until recently. There has been some debate over the tape. I enjoy reading through the post there anyway. You have to admit it is a Fan site... you can't expect to go there and see someone bash Stapp.
I'm not a basher, but you can't question anything the man does. Any hint of negativity is not usually welcome there, even if it's just realistic debate or opinion. Maybe it's different now, but it hasn't been that way in the past.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #88
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) It amazes me that so many of you Stapp haters were ever Creed fans.

Had it not been for his antics, Creed would not have been such a ridiculed band. I would have liked Creed minus Stapp. As it is I liked MOP (save for the actual song my own prison, which is a bit ironic...), Bullets, What If, maybe one or two others. But he just... *shudders* man he is impossible to like.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #89
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm not a basher, but you can't question anything the man does. Any hint of negativity is not usually welcome there, even if it's just realistic debate or opinion. Maybe it's different now, but it hasn't been that way in the past.

I think the reason why realistic debates and different opinions aren't so much allowed there is because PBF is trying hard to keep a positive place. If that means censoring the members, they are probably willing to do that and have done that in the past. Honestly, given what has happened to so many Creed forums(regarding the overwhelming amount of Stapp bashers/haters), I can't blame them all the much for wanting to keep a positive environment. When you think about it, it is really the only Creed/Stapp related forum that has been kept positive. Depending on your perspective, you're either going to think this is a bad thing or it is a good thing.

If you have read the forums at PBF, you will see that people are allowed to post different opinions. Take, for instance, the member known as Greed over at PBF. He/she has voiced his/her opinion concerning Stapp, and it has not been a very positive one. Still, PBF's staff has not banned Greed; they have simply disagreed with his/her opinion.

I know those who go over there and post a differing opinion on Stapp probably feel as though they are getting "jumped all over" when several PBF'ers post messages disagreeing with their opinion. Really, considering the fact that probably 95% of PBF's members are huge Stapp fans(and there is nothing wrong with that, mind you), it is to be expected to be in the minority when saying something negative about Stapp.

The opposite is found here. I'd say that there are only probably 2-10 active members who are huge Stapp fans and will still defend him, whether it is his music or his personality or both. Meanwhile, there are many more people here who have stopped defending him and aren't really fans of him anymore. When you post an anti-Stapp message here, chances are you'll have 5-20 people posting in agreement, with only a few posting in disagreement. Again, that is to be expected given the ratio of huge Stapp fans and anti-Stapp fans here.

I guess the bottom line is this: if you are a huge Stapp fan, and want to be in a very positive Stapp-filled environment, join PBF. If you're a Stapp basher, you'd be better served staying here and not posting at PBF...unless you want to have to defend your opinion to 20 different people. And if you're somewhere in the middle, like myself, you'll occasionally post at PBF while mainly posting here. I'm still a fan of Stapp's music, but I cannot condone his actions. Thus, I like the fact that I can come on Creedfeed, vent my frustrations regarding Stapp, and not have to defend my opinion to 20 different people.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #90
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I think the reason why realistic debates and different opinions aren't so much allowed there is because PBF is trying hard to keep a positive place. If that means censoring the members, they are probably willing to do that and have done that in the past. Honestly, given what has happened to so many Creed forums(regarding the overwhelming amount of Stapp bashers/haters), I can't blame them all the much for wanting to keep a positive environment. When you think about it, it is really the only Creed/Stapp related forum that has been kept positive. Depending on your perspective, you're either going to think this is a bad thing or it is a good thing.

If you have read the forums at PBF, you will see that people are allowed to post different opinions. Take, for instance, the member known as Greed over at PBF. He/she has voiced his/her opinion concerning Stapp, and it has not been a very positive one. Still, PBF's staff has not banned Greed; they have simply disagreed with his/her opinion.

I know those who go over there and post a differing opinion on Stapp probably feel as though they are getting "jumped all over" when several PBF'ers post messages disagreeing with their opinion. Really, considering the fact that probably 95% of PBF's members are huge Stapp fans(and there is nothing wrong with that, mind you), it is to be expected to be in the minority when saying something negative about Stapp.

The opposite is found here. I'd say that there are only probably 2-10 active members who are huge Stapp fans and will still defend him, whether it is his music or his personality or both. Meanwhile, there are many more people here who have stopped defending him and aren't really fans of him anymore. When you post an anti-Stapp message here, chances are you'll have 5-20 people posting in agreement, with only a few posting in disagreement. Again, that is to be expected given the ratio of huge Stapp fans and anti-Stapp fans here.

I guess the bottom line is this: if you are a huge Stapp fan, and want to be in a very positive Stapp-filled environment, join PBF. If you're a Stapp basher, you'd be better served staying here and not posting at PBF...unless you want to have to defend your opinion to 20 different people. And if you're somewhere in the middle, like myself, you'll occasionally post at PBF while mainly posting here. I'm still a fan of Stapp's music, but I cannot condone his actions. Thus, I like the fact that I can come on Creedfeed, vent my frustrations regarding Stapp, and not have to defend my opinion to 20 different people.

I couldn't have stated it better. I like both forums. I like this one because of the huge differences in opionion. It make it very enjoyable to read. And I like PBF because I can go there an find out more positive things about Stapp. I don't mind that other people don't like Stapp. Everyone has their opinion. Personally I like his new record. I think he means to be a good guy but he does make a lot of mistakes and so do we all. I like Alter Bridge too. I don't think PBF censors anyone... I think, as you stated that most Stapp haters don't go there because of the atmosphere.