++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
sharla001
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Chicago People Help Please

Hello All,

We were thinking about going and checking out the Creed show in Chicago but I have a few questions.
Where is the venue at, downtown outside of town etc.,
do we fly into Ohare or Midway, and what about hotels/motels, can anyone recommed a cheap and decent one?
How far from the airport is the venue and should we get a rent car or just do public trans and or taxis?

Thank you so much for your help, we are in Texas and have never been to Chicago!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Chicago People Help Please

google.com

I hear they have pretty good maps to.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
sharla001
USER INFO »

Yes thank you I know all about google, however sometimes its best to get your info from ppl that are there and know their city inside and out
Old 11-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #4
TheProphetess
USER INFO »

Hi there,

I was born and raised in Chicago and here is a little info about the Chicago theatre. It is an exciting place and very nice and the people are awesome. You will need to go downtown and O'hare is definitely better. Midway is probably cheaper though. While you're there don't forget to check out Gino's pizza and stop by Garret's for some of the best popcorn. And if you like Chocolate, the Fannie Mae store is near there as well. Bring me some back!

The Chicago Theatre is one of the most iconic Theater buildings in the United States. Finished in 1921, the Chicago Theatre was referred to as the Balaban and Katz Chicago Theatre. The Chicago Theatre box office is located on the North State Street in the loop area of Chicago. The most popular Chicago Theater tickets are currently to comedy shows, stage plays, premier touring concert artists, magic shows, and speeches. The Chicago Theater has been added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. In 1986 the Chicago Theatre went through a massive $9 million renovation. The current Chicago Theater seating capacity is 3,600.

Oh, before you leave, walk with your honey on The Navy Pier....I wish I was going. Creed and Chicago...what a lovely pair!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:10 AM   #5
TheProphetess
USER INFO »

I'm in houston too...so if you need a tour guide...let me know ...I went home this spring and the weather was very nice and mild.....I forgot to mention that Shark's restaurant has great seafood...if you get the chance try a pizza puff / italian beef and garlic fries!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
sharla001
USER INFO »

hey TheProphetess,

Thank you so much your post and I will for sure check out the places you listed, and I have heard several people mention the Pier so we will be going there for sure.
I can not wait looking forward to both shows, just hope the weather holdd up for us.

Thanks again very helpful!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
Markpollock
Banned
USER INFO »

The Chicago Theatre box office is located on the North State Street in the loop area of Chicago.

Last edited by Steve : 02-13-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

Haven't posted on this board in literally years! I just found out about these shows though and am finally going to be able to go to a Creed show! Booked VIP tickets for the Chicago shows, and I'm gonna be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, looks like it's about 2 blocks away from the venue.

This is going to be a 10+ year dream come true! I've seen Stapp solo live once as well as AB 3 times, but never Creed. Going to be traveling from Calgary, Alberta Canada
Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
tornjedi
USER INFO »

Hi all -
sharla001 - sorry as I just joined this board a few days ago. Looong time Creed fan and I live in Chicago and work in the area near the Chicago Theatre. Did you end up going to the concerts? If so, what did you think? How was your trip to Chicago?

I was there for both nights of Creed. I'm still on a concert high from it all!!!

TheProphetess - Houston? I have cousins that moved out to Houston! I went down to visit and saw Creed there in Jan 2002 for the Weathered tour! Aweosome concert + got to hang out with my cousins. I had a blast! I tour the Johnson Space Center (oh yeah!!!) and enjoyed a trip to Galveston. I need to make a return trip there.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
sharla001
USER INFO »

Hey Torn,

Yes we went to both shows, loved it and I must say that we are truly missing Chicago. Loved, Loved your city it was so pretty and clean, looking forward to going back one day.

The concerts were awesome!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
Creed Apostle
USER INFO »

Can't wait to see them at the Fillmore in Detroit!