++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-16-2002, 05:27 PM   #31
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
And exactly how many people, do you think, play for both teams? I would venture to guess that the majority of the people on this bb like both Creed and PJ. Sure, not all, but a good many, I would think. You don't either like one or the other. And last I heard, Stapp/Tremonti wrote the music, Creed actually plays it, and you just sit in the crowd and cheer. Sure, Stand Here With Me is a great song about the dedication of the fans, but it's not an Us Vs. Them thing. Put it to rest. This is not an argument that can be won or lost, it's an OPINION! Please.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-16-2002, 07:03 PM   #32
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Put it to rest. This is not an argument that can be won or lost, it's an OPINION! Please.

I agree with this 100%, except for the part about putting it to rest. This argument's just heating up. I'd love to see where it goes. :devil:
Old 11-16-2002, 07:31 PM   #33
jango
USER INFO »
Well it's not going to go anywhere. C#1 continually posts irrational statements that only reveal his sheer idiocy. I will discontinue my argument regarding this matter. I've said my .02.

Furthermore, I apologize to the C-F members who had to read these posts. I fell for his bait and tried using logic. Rather than instilling some form of reasoning, I only caused uproar. I apologize.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 11-16-2002, 08:21 PM   #34
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Come on. One more page of tit-for-tat. That's all I ask.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:36 PM   #35
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Quote: Creeds#1 decided to spread idiocy by posting
NO KIDDING SAID EYES!!! You made my point- Look at there first 3, albums. We beat them...

In SIX albums- yes they beat us! But they have THREE more!

We? Them? I'd also like to echo statements above about people liking both bands, and it not being a competition.

Quote: Jango was too submissive in his
I apologize to the C-F members who had to read these posts.
Don't apologize man, village idiot up there should be. Back yourself up too, because if everyone is all lovey duvey and agreeing, then whats the point of a forum? 5 pages of people agreeing? Where's the conflict, where's the life?

If Creeds#1 decides to post drivel about album sales and you have a different opinion, dont hold back.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:05 AM   #36
flynn
USER INFO »
this arguement is ridiculous!!!!

first off, pearl jam if pearl jam had released black from ten as a single... that album would have sold soooo much more.

they chose not too.

if they had chosen to make videos for vitalogy or vs... or released hail hail from no code as a single instead of who you are... all of those albums would have sold much more as well.

it seems, all of this is about marketing. pearl jam just happened to chose a way to make music without doing interviews and making videos on moutain tops...

just a thought.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:15 AM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It is ridiculousl. Numbers never tell the whole story, so this whole thing is pointless. I love both bands and I'm just happy they're making good music.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:17 AM   #38
flynn
USER INFO »
i agree!
Old 11-17-2002, 01:19 AM   #39
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Re: Pearl Jams on the decline and Creed is going up!

Quote: Originally posted by Creeds#1
<b>Here are some TRUE stats!

Statistically speaking, Pearl Jam has seen a steady declinesince the release of its sophomore album, "Vs.," in 1993, which sold 5.69 million copies, followed by 1994's "Vitalogy" (4.54 million), 1996's "No Code" (1.34 million), and 1998's "Yield" (1.48 million), according to SoundScan. To date, Pearl Jam's new album, "Binaural," has sold some 408,000 copies. &nbsp;

Where as Creed has been on a big UP-CLIMB! In comparison, Creed has sold 4.4 million copies of its 1997 debut, "My Own Prison," and has already sold 4 million in 8 months of the release of "Human Clay". There new album Weathered has sold over 8 million copies putting Creed over the 17 million selling list with THREE CD's. Something Pearl Jam hasnt done in FIVE albums... </b>

Uhh my own prison sold 6 million copys not 4.4, Human clay went 10x platnum and weathered is 5x plantum... IN THE US .. world wide weathered is over the 13x platnum mark. and i have no idea about the other 2 cds

Creed has actually sold over 24 million copys in 3 Cds... HOWEVER Shania Twain sold 32 Million copys in ONE cd... Dose that mean shes better than creed?
Depends who your talking to

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 11-17-2002, 10:57 AM   #40
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Damn, X, you make an excellent point. Just because one person/group/duo/etc. sells more, it doesn't make them any better or any worse a performer. It's just how a PERSON feels about the band, group, etc. IT'S AN OPINION.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-17-2002, 03:28 PM   #41
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I love both bands and I'm just happy they're making good music.

You might want to add "case closed" to that. You said it as well as anyone.
Old 11-17-2002, 03:34 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thank you.